—— Transcendence Apr 18

Ordinary Decent Criminal Reviews

puffchunk
puffchunk

November 19, 2007
Kevin Spacey has two wives, and cops follow him around and he does 'zaney' things to get away from them so hes can blahc ahclas....sorry. Lost my interest even talking about it.
Lady D

November 28, 2006
I think if this had been based on a ture story the events would have seemed a little more intersting. Kevin Spacey plays a mastermind of a criminal, who is shared by his wife and her sister.

The only known Irish person in this film that I recognised was Colin Farrell, who played a relatively small part.

Interesting story, not very interestly told.

VERDICT: Worth a watch, but wait until it's on tv
kpn666
kpn666

July 27, 2006
Kevin Spacey here takes on the role of a lovable Irish gangster with a tendency to have his face on the media and to the chagrin of the police - evade the local constablury with clever and edgy twists and talk. A Surprising crime / comedy, its not Lock Stock but I love Irish based things!!
xxdebxx
xxdebxx

June 6, 2009
In Ordinary Decent Criminal, Kevin Spacey plays Michael Lynch, a clever criminal who pulls off daring heists, enjoys outsmarting the cops, looks superb in his black hood and other sorts of attention-grabbing face gear, has a bizarre ménage- a- trois with his wife and her sister... you get the idea!! His next heist becomes an obsession when his partners start questioning Michael's ability to plan everything perfectly, when he isn't playing good father at home. Kevin Spacey, as always, is great and it's fun to see one of the impossibly spunky Colin Farrell's first "big screen" appearances. Ordinary Decent Criminal is a fast paced entertaining romp of a film but no match for the "Usual Suspects" or "Se7en". The crime vignettes are highly amusing. Good soundtracks by Blur's Damon Albarn.

September 13, 2010
It plays like, "The Sting" (1973) meets the IRA. Kevin Spacey does an excellent job of playing a cool headed criminal who doesn't show emotion, but I'm not that kind of role makes the best cinema. In addition, the amount of coaching on the accurate Irish brogue really is doubled sword. Yes you feel its authentic until Linda Flointino speaks, but it really gets in the way of understanding the relationships between members of the gang. If I watch it again, it would definitely with subtitle on.
DrLappos
DrLappos

October 10, 2007
Great movie.
May 5, 2007
I thought it was a fun and entertaining film. But 1: I don't usually go for the types of movies that glorify criminals and or sin, 2: the language was a constant through out and a big nuisance, and 3: there's full frontal male nudity in this film!!!!!!!!! Isn't this supposed to only be rated R???
emeraldeyes1975
June 21, 2007
Kevin Spacey is so sexy, especially in this movie. It's my #1 favorite of his, I could watch it over & over again!
May 29, 2007
LOL I didn't think this was going to be a comedy too!
& OI! They had th say for FOOK sake! (never gets old! & I hear it at work al the time!)
September 11, 2006
You'd think with that cast it would be good. But no, it really isn't. Not to mention the fact that it was totally ripping off The General during a good portion of it.
Chris W.
May 5, 2013
really don't understand why this is so slated, its not laugh out loud funny but I did find it very funny, well made and spacey is wonderful in it.
February 11, 2013
Ordinary Decent Criminal is one strange film, but I really got a kick out of it due to its rather eccentric ideas and tone. While the film's script does become rather erratic at certain points, it is a generally funny and interesting film most of the time. I've never seen anything quite like it and that's why it fascinated me so much, especially how it explores such a strange character and his criminal escapades.
December 27, 2012
Many would be deilighted to see Spacey back as a criminal mastermind, but I think they would also be dismayed to know this is not a clever heist flick. I however, love it. It's a fun heist movie, just gotta love Spacey's antics.
November 18, 2012
a bad hollywood remake , of "The General", they have made the most colorful of characters bland , even Spaceys talent for creepiness , has him miscast as a action hero . And we wont talk about Hollywood ending , he rides off into the sunset .
September 26, 2012
Sadly disappointing despite an accomplished cast, director O'Sullivan offers very little style, comedy or romance in a film that at best, is occasionally mildly entertaining.
September 3, 2012
watch the general instead.
moviebuff18cab
May 10, 2010
ORDINARY DECENT CRIMINAL (1999)
PetrosTser
December 27, 2010
This is not something special but, when it doesn't try to fascinate you with its complex plot, it is fun to watch. When the badly directed first half hour stops dragging, it gives its place to an interesting crime film that maintains the sense of pace and that, finally, climaxes in a notable way. Ordinary Decent Little Film.

September 13, 2010