67% The Maze Runner Sep 19

Original Sin Reviews

dietmountaindew
dietmountaindew

December 18, 2007
it has one of the most passionate dialogue of lovemaking:

WHEN I'M WITH YOU, I'M SOMEONE ELSE...SOMEONE MORE LIKE MYSELF.
BEACHBUNNI
BEACHBUNNI

December 16, 2008
When a man selects a mail order bride, he is surprised to see the beauty who appears before him. She alleges that she sent false photos to him to assure that he would love her for what she is and not for her beauty. However, what she is,is a con artist who teams with a fellow actor to steal money from men. What she does not expect is that she falls in love...
starring Antonio Banderas and Angelina Jolie..
Jason S

January 26, 2007
The story idea was interesting but the movie was pretty slow. There was a little too much skin in the flick for me. It seemed that all the relationships in the movie were based all on the sexual aspect.
I wanted to like the flick as I like both of the main characters but it really wasn't for me.
sanjurosamurai
sanjurosamurai

January 25, 2007
this was one of the films that helped put jolie on the map. she was great because she always is, and the story had slight moments where it was interesting, but ultimately it wasnt that good. a little smutty so to speak.
puffchunk
puffchunk

September 24, 2007
lame
Keysha H

September 4, 2007
I love me some Angelina and Banderas. This was a torrid love affair with a interesting 2nd half.
Dann M

August 29, 2012
"You cannot walk away from love." Original Sin is an erotic thriller with a convoluted plot and one-dimensional characters. The story follows a businessman who becomes obsessed with a woman who posed as his mail-order bride, but turned out to be an impostor with a mysterious and dangerous past. The film stars Antonio Banderas, Angelina Jolie, and Thomas Jane, but none of them have particularly good onscreen chemistry. Additionally, the storytelling is especially poor; though it tries to be clever, it's unable to build much suspense or tension. Original Sin has a fair amount of mystery and intrigue, but it's poorly executed and unsatisfying.
Jeffrey M

April 14, 2012
Melodramatic to a fault, sluggishly paced, edited poorly, and badly written, Original Sin has a lot going against it. As an erotic thriller, or, more accurately, an extremely erotic thriller, it works because of the chemistry between Antonio Banderas and Angelina Jolie. Though they aren't given much to work with, their physical presence brings enough weight to the screen to make it watchable. The strong cinematography also helps gloss over the other technical weaknesses. Plenty of issues to be had, but somehow it still comes out slightly ahead.

3/5 Stars
ascordeiro108
ascordeiro108

November 7, 2011
The first half of the movie is way too smutty, but it gets interesting in the other half and although some things should have been better explained, it was still an okay "thriller", so to speak.
Antonio Banderas is a real eye-candy in this movie which was the real reason I watched the movie in the first place xD.
So, okay "thriller" with a few flaws over the story and a bit too smutty, but hey, Antonio Banderas for the girls and Angelina Jolie for the boys, everyone should be happy...in theory.
Christopher H

November 26, 2011
Though Angelina Jolie is stunning and commanding in her role, she cannot make up for the over-dramatic, wishy-washy writing and lackluster, half-assed performances from Jane and Banderas.
Joseph E

April 2, 2009
I thought "Angelina" would have had this role bagged, but It was too mellow for this type of film and I was left dissapointed.

This was the biggest let-down I could have ever imagined.
Critique Threatt
Critique Threatt

April 1, 2010
Original Sin.

Angelina Jolie's character is up for execution only to tell the reason of how she ended up held captive to a priest. Jolie's character explains her past story where she traveled to an exotic land, meets and marries a wealthy guy(Banderas) Jolie's character has another motive. Too steal and run off with her husbands money. The story becomes a cat and mouse game where the husband, now betrayed, ventures off to find his wife and to turn the tables.

The performances is quite good. Jolie and Banderas seem to be a good fit even when they happen to be chasing each other through the film's plot. The ending feels a little bit unbelivable but it's still a nice touch of smoothness to the tale.
DrStrangeblog
DrStrangeblog

July 9, 2011
Overbaked. Steamy, yes. Compelling, no. Jolie looks great and fills the role of two-timing seductress very well but the story and secondary characters leave a lot to be desired. Nudges up to 2 stars for the eye candy.
Lovable M

November 19, 2008
I thought this was pretty good.
Sunil J

October 29, 2007
Wow. This movie was HOT!
Sarah P

October 20, 2007
The movie justifies the saying "Love is Blind" - a very sexy film.
Ina S

July 22, 2006
Ouch. Despite the hotness a very bad film
June 4, 2013
Banderas and Jolie and steaming hot together, but the plot is somewhere in the freezer missing ingredients.
MovieGuruDude72
May 17, 2007
In the same category as Basic Instinct in terms of steaminess and one of the best pairings of hot actors and actresses ever. The whole movie just exudes sex and eroticism. Banderas has it BAD for Angelina Jolie. Seriously though, who doesn't? Kind of a predictable storyline until the plot twist at the end makes you think twice. One sex scene between Banderas and Jolie has to be the hottest damned thing I've ever seen in my life. How this movie wasn't NC-17 is beyond me. A great film if you're in the mood for some adulterated cinema.
chrisweh78
May 23, 2009
when this movie came out in the philippines people talking... so i have to find out...i watched this movie and it will make you hot...hahahaha....