• PG-13, 1 hr. 46 min.

86% The Knick: Season 1

The Other End of the Line Reviews

Red L

February 6, 2014
unrealistic and predictable. Not a very good movie.
Nicki M

July 22, 2011
Sweet movie, something a bit different in a romantic comedy. Not overly convincing, I guess, but so nice that I was able to overlook it.
Story is that Priya works in call centre in India for an American bank. To avoid getting abused, the staff there pretend to be American and that's how she starts talking to Granger, after he has had some fraud on his credit card. In all honesty, Granger is pretty shallow and seems to be a womaniser, so that part didn't really work for me, as I didn't see what beautiful, smart Priya would see in him, really. Pretending to be an American called Jennifer, Granger becomes attracted to her too and asks if they can meet. The obstacle here is, not only is Priya in India, but she is also due to have an arranged marriage.
I liked this enough to suspend my disbelief at the whole situation. Sweet.
Dannielle A

May 16, 2011
How cute! A feel-good, funny love story.
Juli R

December 1, 2013
This is very predictable and flat.
Sylvester K

January 9, 2012
Too predictable, terrible acting from Priya's family. Jesse and Shriya didn't make a good couple at all. It's unbelievable (And racist)
bamadeb77
bamadeb77

May 31, 2009
Jesse Metcalfe is so hot! Couldn't help it - had to lead with that comment! Yes, it's a chickflick. Yes, it's pretty predictable and has all the rom-com cliches, but that's what makes it such a feel good film.
If you're in the mood for some light-hearted romance, this is definitely the movie to watch. So get that cuppa, and get comfortable and enjoy!
Donna D

April 5, 2009
Movie was adorable and sweet. ;) Loved the characters in this endearing romantic comedy. :)
iLeo
iLeo

December 5, 2008
Here's an interesting movie with an intriguing story plot that centralizes around Priya. She work as an operator at a credit card company, and assumes the identity of an American. Granger is an up-and-rising advertising salesman whose identity is stolen and all sorts of charges appear on his credit card. As Priya is trying to resolve the issue, she and Granger vastly become friends and they decide to meet in San Francisco where Priya claims that she is located at. As they decide to meet, Priya believes this is her true love even if she is already engaged to another. Priya then decides to travel to America to meet Granger, and this hasty decision leaves her family in turmoil. Great cast- Shriya Saran, Jesse Metcalfe, Anupam Kher, and Larry Miller. Worth seeing!
moviegirl50
April 2, 2011
Pretty cute feel good movie with the CUTE Jesse Metcalfe. I didn't know who Shriya Saran was until I watched this...a very lovely girl from India who played the part very well. In the story she is a phone operator pretending to be American that hooks up with Jesse's character and they decide to meet in San Francisco...little does he know that she is really located in Mumbai India. The man playing her Dad is pretty funny! And I did really enjoy the Indian aspect of this movie.
November 8, 2010
This movie was awesome. I really didn't have high expectations because I didn't think I could identify with any of the characters, but it proved me wrong. Its a great love story and quite unique because of the Indian appeal. The music was also great, can we get a soundtrack please?? Sold! Get this movie, it will not disappoint!
coldasice2008
August 30, 2010
Very predictable storyline with poor acting performances all around. The only saving grace is the small spark between the two leads and a few sweet moments.
Hamee
April 25, 2009
A great chick flick to watch after a long day at work. Nothing better than a culture clash of a love story. Throw in the Bollywood inspired soundtrack and a very watchable lead couple and you have everything you need.
June 2, 2009
It was predictable, but then again it is a romantic comedy. It is pretty cute though if only to watch it once.
April 18, 2009
Skip it unless you have the hots for Jesse Metcalfe. You will have to turn on English subtitles to understand what all the Indian characters are saying. It really was not all that bad to start but when they brought the firl's family into the picture it all went down hill. You can't understand a word they say and the half-hearted attempt at comedy simply is not at all funny. And her lying all the way through, I just would have re-written the entire thing and made it honest, wholesome and funny about how the two got together and dropped all the other crap.
Juli R

December 1, 2013
This is very predictable and flat.
January 10, 2013
Just like every other romantic comedy. They fall in love over the phone, a digital fairy tale.
December 21, 2012
How I wish the acting wasn't as amature, and the dialogue as superficial because only then would the humor be bearable and not so cringe-worthy. The lack of depth in the plot goes along and adds to the shallow reputations of most romantic comedies, unfortunattely.
January 20, 2012
nothing new to see xcept cultural differences.............but dat too is very naively shown.