—— As Above/So Below Aug 29

77% You're the Worst: Season 1

Outfoxed - Rupert Murdoch's War on Journalism Reviews

Thomas J

June 27, 2011
No real surprises here. Most that watch this movie has already seen through Fox News and what it is and represents.
Drew S

December 15, 2008
"If you aren't outraged, you aren't paying attention."
James A

December 1, 2007
A great documentary on right wing propoganda.
Jeremy S

April 29, 2006
While watching this documentary I could not stop laughing. It has to be the funniest documentary I have ever seen. How can it call FOX news biased, which it probably is, when the documentary itself is biased. A great comedy.
Sean G

August 27, 2011
If you haven't figured out yet that Fox News has an agenda, see this movie. This is already seven years old. Just watch any given week of The Daily Show or The Colbert Report to see what dirty tricks they've been up to lately.
Daniel D

November 11, 2012
Yes I'll agree Fox news is an extremely biased news channel. But the problem with the documentary is that it ended up doing the same thing Fox news did. Same propaganda. It showed Fox news making a big deal of small things, like Kerry looking French. But this made the line "You decide" seem like sorcery in brain wash. The reason I loved Religelous so much is everyone got to defend there views. Watching outfoxed is like watching someone jab at an unconscious opponent. Not a soul good defend the station. I found the Jeremy Glick case interesting since I've seen Ive done some research on it before, but other than that this was hypocritical crap
Curt C

May 21, 2006
This has none of the pacing issues of Greenwald's earlier documentaries, and manages to be educational, yet still entertaining. It loses a little bit of focus towards the end (this seems to be typical of Greenwald docs), but on the whole might be his best documentary. Fair and balanced ;)
Anthony V

March 13, 2008
A propaganda film about a propaganda news organization. If it just made you angry, that would be one thing, but this time they actually tell you what you can do about the situation. A must see for free-thinkers.
Patrick D

April 2, 2008
This was actually pretty decent. It's obviously independent, but get over the lack in budget! Honestly. It's really entertaining. I obviously know to take big network news with a grain of salt (or even a mine of salt) so no break-throughs in information here, yet maybe if you believe that TV news is the be-all-end-all of factual information, you should take a look. There are parts in it that are just hilarious, especially where Bill O'Reilly is involved.
toejambaseball24
toejambaseball24

November 14, 2007
This documentary, which I saw in my Mass Communications class, ruthlessly attacks Fox News for being a conservative Bush-loving network, and it succeeds in getting that message across. However, it discredits itself by becoming an even more blatant piece of propoganda than the network that it is targeting. They are using all of the same tactics that they are claiming Fox News uses. It seems to be more of a game of, "Our propoganda can scream louder than your propoganda!!!" I watch Fox News, and am entertained by the stories and commentators, and it is quite obvious that they lean to the right (although I do think that O'Reilly gets a bad rap; he's one of the more moderate commentators on the network, but has been built up to be this ultra-conservative monster. If you watch his show, you'll see he's more of a centrist than most give him credit for). Sure Fox is conservative, but Ted Turner's CNN is just as blatant...where's the screaming documentary on that? "Outfoxed: Ruper Murdoch's War on Journalism" will hold your attention, but won't stay with you after it's finished yelling.
sublime203
January 24, 2011
Not the best-produced documentary that I've ever seen in my life, but much like "Wal-Mart: The High Cost of Low Price," I feel like every American NEEDS to see it. You're being lied to, and it's because of these people.
esanton
November 24, 2009
This should be required viewing in all Journalism classes across the world. It is sad, terrifying, and appalling at the same time that so many Americans (proudly) proclaim they get their news from Fox. It is equally revolting how Fox manipulates the news to serve their own agenda.
allefra25
November 22, 2009
I've seen this twice, and the second time was awhile ago. I remember really liking it the first time and not liking it nearly as much the second. I agree with him that Fox sucks majorly, but the documentary itself had a lot of holes and things.
June 8, 2008
Fantastic doc that needs to be seen my anyone who cares about our society and where we get our news from.
NathanSwink
November 3, 2007
Interesting and effective tactics. When you see it time after time, all in a row it is pretty obvious what the intention is.
jadedprince2000
August 30, 2007
SHOWS YOU THAT FOXNEWS & THE REST OF NEWS MEDIA'S IS ALL Lies for hidden big government agenda
Just like Tabloids
MovieGuruDude72
August 25, 2007
Big corporations don't care about journalism, they care about ratings that generate revenue. A very good documentary. Forces people to realize that corporations are screwing the consititution in the arse.
June 27, 2007
A decent documentary. The content is great, but the overall execution could have used a little work. A must-see if you actually think Fox News is fair and balanced.
dredzag
May 9, 2007
Definitely a documentary for you if you watch Fox 'news'. Proves what a propaganda station Fox 'news' is and what a bully O'Reilly is . Fox 'news' fair and balanced? Yeah right!
sunflower75
May 5, 2007
This is another documentary that is a MUST MUST SEE! Learn the truth of what the people and shows at FOX are filling your head with! Unbelievable and Astonishing!