Outing Riley - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Outing Riley Reviews

½ August 9, 2009
Crazy and funny. What a great mix of people.
July 13, 2010
It's okay. A bit silly and these characters don't really have much for any of us to relate to. But it's mindless fun.
January 22, 2013
Project Greenlight's Pete Jones makes another movie... This time starring him... And NATHAN FILLION!!! Nathan Fillion is worth watching this alone. Alas, the rest of the movie isn't that good. Pete is still rough around the edges of filmmaking, his constant use of freeze frame and voice over is awful, but overall pretty entertaining.
December 26, 2012
Great movie. I laughed so much during this movie. It was also a nice surprise to see Nathan Fillion in this movie. Had no idea he was in it. A a word to the wise, you get to see Nathan's butt in this movie also!
December 27, 2010
November 7, 2009
Likable characters, good performances and a believable presentation help make this film work. The characters are so nicely developed, you really learn to care about them. Good screenplay. It has a few slow spots, but overall a fine film.
½ September 29, 2008
Saw it for Nathan Fillion. It's a funny, well written coming out story, with some minor weird parts (a pool dance number that didn't need to be there). Overall a good movie.
½ August 25, 2008
Gay Irish movie with a few plot twists. Great acting, and great direction. Loved Michael McDonald and Nathan Fillion!
June 12, 2008
This is a very cute story about a guy having problems coming out to his brothers.

It has alot of humor and great story line.

It's one of those must watch movies.
½ November 15, 2007
I thought this was a hillarious coming out story that has both tasteful humor as well as some regular toilet humor. I would definatly reccomend it.
½ October 31, 2007
Was a very good look at the coming out story of a guy's guy that happenes to be gay. How he deals with his brothers is so funny. Was a good film, and made ya feel good.
½ September 18, 2013
Pretty good; like a poor man's Brothers McMullen.
January 22, 2013
December 26, 2012
½ October 26, 2011
An interesting walk on the tightrope between stereotypes and true feeling. While the story centers on Bobby's coming out, the most interesting stories are the reactions of his somewhat stereotypical Neanderthal brothers who each have problems of their own. Luckily for Bobby his enlightened and clever sister is also a forger. She is able to lovingly manipulate the family into dealing with each of their quirks while bringing them together after the death of their father. A little too pat, but it provides hope for dealing in a homophobic society.

It's a little hard to believe someone so unable to deal as Bobby can either win the heart of as together a person as Andy (ably played by Michael McDonald)or be as creative professionally as Bobby allegedly is. A good depiction of the dynamics of siblings.
December 27, 2010
½ December 11, 2010
What a heart warming and realistic look at someone's coming out experience. This movie shows the dynamics of a family and the challenges that each face. I found the movie to be not only touching but very funny in parts. I recommend it highly.
July 13, 2010
½ April 29, 2010
There's something annoyingly self-satisfied about the smug lead that just makes you wanna slap him hard. Add to that a band of brothers who act like they've just walked off the set of Porky's and the scene is set for a rather irritating coming-out flick. Its a shame as the second half improves a bit but by then the damage has pretty much been done.
March 14, 2010
A really funny, nice movie, made me laugh out loud at parts, and shed a tear in others, a really nice refreshin movie, not too soppy, and not too gay, just right. Nathan Fillion as Luke is brilliant the bed wettin bit had me peein myself!!!