Mila Kunis/ Wicked Witch

It seems pretty obvious at this point that Mila Kunis is the Wicked Witch of the West. What's the chance that Raimi pulls a huge twist and Mila Kunis ISN'T her? That'd be awesome. Anyone else agree?
Trey M.
03-3-2013 08:04 PM

Thread Replies

Please log in to participate in this forum.

Horace Highland Jr.

Horace Highland Jr.

It's funny. Even being painted green does not stop Mila Kunis from being hot!! I would love to butter her toast! Oddly enough, I'd like it even more if she showed up in her witch costume.

Mar 30 - 06:25 AM

David Lo Pan

EntertainMeOrDie .

what's with all the blacks and asians in this movie? makes no sense.

Mar 24 - 09:33 PM

Michelle Rivera

Michelle Rivera

haha that's what I was thinking kinda throws it off..

Apr 9 - 11:50 PM

Lara Wilkinson

Lara Wilkinson

You can't really blame it all on the acting. At some point after Mila starts to scream almost all of her lines, the Director should have noticed how terrible it all was?

Mar 23 - 07:00 AM

Bazooka Jew

Bazooka Jew

Raimi has a weird sense of humor.

Mar 23 - 11:55 PM

Shawn Dougherty

Shawn Dougherty

Weak script provided almost no background on the sisters and why one(Theodora) was so easily manipulated by her transparent sister. She wasn't the sharpest tool in the shed. And when she went nuts I kept hearing Meg from Family Guy.

Mar 23 - 01:15 AM

Justin Smith

Justin Smith

Mila Kunis is good for movies that require little acting, such as the comedies and flimsy romances she's been in. In NO WAY can she take on a role that requires serious acting such as this. The movie was great other than her. Franco has been widely criticized. I don't believe he really added or detracted from the film. Kunis takes kudos for the films flaws.

Mar 13 - 01:04 PM

Bazooka Jew

Bazooka Jew

I thought she was good in Black Swan.

Mar 23 - 08:50 PM

David Lo Pan

EntertainMeOrDie .

I especially like the part of that movie when Natalie Portman gets pussy deep in that bitch. Or was it the other way around? SHIT! FUCK!

Mar 23 - 09:29 PM

Bazooka Jew

Bazooka Jew

I was hoping someone would bring that up.

Mar 23 - 11:11 PM

Colleen Mesler-Frampton

Colleen Mesler-Frampton

I love Mila Kunis, but not in this role. Whomever cast her must be out of their mind. So campy and and unbelievable in this role. Poor Mila, I know she tried hard.

Mar 13 - 11:35 AM

Timothy Marrie

Timothy Marrie

I agree, and she still seemed too 'cute' to be the real wicked witch.

Mar 14 - 06:00 AM

Shawn Patrick

Shawn Patrick

Just took my kid to see this. Honestly, Mila Kunis is solely responsible for making what could have been a good film a brainless eye massage. This was almost Avatar on the visual scale (in IMAX 3D), but without Sam Worthington's Acting range. Kunis' make-up as WWW was laughably bad, as was her delivery. Seriously, it was like gluing a green nerf football to Meg Griffin's face, then listening to her scream for an hour. They should have jumped to a PG-13 and spent a few bucks on VO for Kunis. Would have made it watchable, at least.

Mar 10 - 10:48 PM

Virginia Lee

Virginia Lee

This is a Raimi film; I wouldn't be at all surprised if Kunis was told to ham it up.

Mar 11 - 11:23 AM

Bazooka Jew

Bazooka Jew

Sam Worthington's acting range? That's a good one.

Mar 23 - 08:50 PM

Brad Lukosevic

Brad Lukosevic

sam should have used the evil dead witch. now thats a scary witch

Mar 8 - 06:55 PM

Patric McLeod

Patric McLeod

Well, go see it and find out if Mila's the witch. Just saw it. And it's not as weak as I'd feared. It's not a GREAT movie, but it's entertaining.

Mar 7 - 08:47 PM

Ryan Cox

Ryan Cox

Why is there only 3 witches? I thought there was originally a witch for all four points of the compass

Mar 5 - 08:34 PM

Morrgan Bouler

Morrgan Bouler

In the book The Wizard of Oz, there are four witches. In the movies, there are only three. Perhaps the filmmakers were too cheap to hire four actresses? Lol. :)

Mar 8 - 06:55 PM

Timothy Marrie

Timothy Marrie

Maybe, or maybe the next movie (if there is one?) will have another witch.

Mar 14 - 05:59 AM

Michelle Rivera

Michelle Rivera

wow I need to read the books..

Apr 9 - 11:52 PM

Jason B.

Jason Black

When the casting first started, everyone said Mila was the WWW. And then, for some dumb reason, every site on the internet thought it was a HUGE mystery on who was the evil witch (I actually found an article once that said it was Michelle... Yeah). I thought they were being ridiculous and then the poster of the WWW came out. I studied her face carefully just to be sure and there was no doubt in my mind that it was Mila. But sites continued to act like it was a mystery and some reporters actually confirmed (with no sources, just their own 'intellect') that it had to be Rachel in the pics. But the funniest moment of all came last week when Perez Hilton posted some pics of Mila as the witch standing next to a human formed Rachel Weisz... and people LOST it! 'How dare you post this??? I was avoiding spoilers! I thought it was Rachel! The Movies Ruined! BLAH BLAH BLAH!!!' I thought it was extremely sad and terribly hilarious. You can even see a scene in the trailer where you see the back of Rachel Weisz and the WWW. How thick were people? My god.

Mar 5 - 03:27 PM

Bazooka Jew

Bazooka Jew

I don't think Disney would allow Raimi to mess too much with the source material,based on some posts on this thread, cus I haven't read any of the books.

But who knows. Maybe they are making it obvious, then for the sake of surprise, make Michelle Williams go bad and become the witch, then James Franco finds out he's been dead all along.

Mar 4 - 10:55 PM

Rebeccah G.

Rebeccah Goltz

if this movie is following the true story, then Theodora (Kunis) is who turns out to be the evil witch, Glinda(Williams) is the good witch and Evanora (Weisz) is the witch who ends up owning the red shoes and who gets crushed by Dorothy's house in the wizard of oz, however i dont remember if she too was bad or not. But this is a Disney movie so the wicked witch could be some deformed creature and in the end the three sisters live happily ever after

Mar 4 - 03:09 PM

Josiah Coulter

Josiah Coulter

It has been confirmed by basically everyone in the whole world that Mila Kunis is the Wicked Witch of the West. It's just a fact.

Mar 4 - 11:21 AM

Trey M.

Trey Marksberry

Which is why I said it seems pretty obvious..

Mar 4 - 02:31 PM

Anthony L.

Anthony L.

Maybe it's just me, but the Wicked Witch of the poster looks a lot like Rachel Weisz with makeup. I'm vying for Rachel Weisz, but then again I've never seen and Oz movies nor read any of the books.

Mar 4 - 04:32 AM

Patric McLeod

Patric McLeod

It's not Weisz. Visit your local Barnes & Nobles. For some very dumb reason, Disney has released a 20-page glossy of the movie (the scenes are directly out of the movie, so we know who the Wicked Witch of The West is. It's not Weisz.

Mar 4 - 07:40 PM

Jacqueline Scott

Jacqueline Scott

FYI - there are 4 Oz books, 3 of which were released early February. Can't consider it a "misstep" or spoil when the cast was referring to Kunis as the WWW during all of their junkets and promos all along. And as far back as Comic-Con in July 2012. The WWW transformation isn't even the best 'secret' of the film. The ending is a treat and hasn't been spoiled.

Mar 7 - 09:51 PM

Nate Garcia

Nate Garcia

The final "battle" almost had me in tears.

Mar 24 - 10:07 PM

Find us on:                     
Help | About | Jobs | Critics Submission | Press | API | Licensing | Mobile