97% Ghostbusters Aug 29

February 5, 2011
Good suspense
Spencer S

July 29, 2010
The premise for this film is very simple, which could have made it very one note if not for the direction of David Fincher. Two people staked out in a room, against common criminals out to get their hands on millions, doesn't sound appealing when you realize that most of the action takes place in a small room. Foster and Stewart are exceptional as a mother and daughter team, fighting against Whiter, Yoakam, and Leto's burglars. Each side is very intelligent, Whitaker especially, as he plays an employee of the company that makes the panic rooms. In contrast Foster is a worrisome mother with know-how and a true fighting spirit. Fincher gives some really great long takes and tracking shots of the interior of the house, making it a character rather than a set piece. It's a straight edged thriller all the way through, though some moments, where the action is slowed and we're not sure whether they'll all make it, were heart thumping good.
skactopus
skactopus

December 29, 2012
David Fincher pulls through with another crime thriller in Panic Room.Considering 99% of the story takes place in an apartment with a panic room, the film holds itself together for its entirety, which is just under 110 minutes. The plot holds a consistent level of intrigue with only 5 characters taking up the majority of screen time.For an R-rated movie, the amount of violence is held in check; however, when it does occur, it's easy to see why this picture is rated what it is. Watching a young Kristen Stewart drop the F-bomb is also a pleasant surprise.While Jodie Foster and Kristen Stewart get the job done on one side, the combo of Forest Whitaker, Jared Leto, and Dwight Yoakam are an amusing trio on the opposite side.When all the panicking is done, Panic Room ends up a solid sit through.
Lucas M

July 28, 2012
Terrifc thriller with good performances direct by David Fincher, one of the best filmmakers of suspense.
Samuel Riley
Samuel Riley

July 12, 2012
A film that maintains an intense atmosphere as soon as danger strikes. Fincher once again creates another successful suspense film. This time, Jodie Foster portrays the leading role as the daring and terrified mother. 'Panic Room' needs to be recognised more as a decent highlight in both Fincher's and Foster's careers.
FiLmCrAzY
FiLmCrAzY

September 9, 2007
I enjoyed this movie and found incredibly suspenseful, its got a great cast and its just a thoroughly enjoyable suspenseful movie thats worth a watch!
Its tense watching but you'll be satisfied by the end!
Albert K

September 26, 2010
"Panic Room" is nothing more than a thriller -- an incredibly nerve-racking and tense thriller that is sure to entertain. This is another one of those movies that completely commits its setting in one place but yet the direction, editing, and narrative drives this thriller to be a pulse-pounding epic that is sure to be remembered.
Sam B

February 15, 2012
While it gets off to a bad start, Panic Room ends up being an extremely intense thriller with a truly inventive use of its concept. Its script isn't as strong as some of David Fincher's other movies, but it boasts good performances (especially from Whitaker) and great direction. It's not up there with my favorite Fincher films, but it is very rare when a movie actually makes me sweat a little. And I never thought I'd say that the greatest suspense revolves wonderfully around...Kristen Stewart...who, as a child, showed some *gasp* real promise.
LWOODS04
LWOODS04

April 26, 2009
Cast: Jodie Foster, Forest Whitaker, Kristen Stewart, Dwight Yoakam, Jared Leto, Ann Magnuson, Patrick Bauchau

Director: David Fincher

Summary: A woman and her daughter are caught in a game of cat-and-mouse with three burglars in their New York City home and are forced to retreat inside a vault. As the intruders try to breach the room's security, the embattled duo must stay one step ahead.

My Thoughts: "What's scary about this film is that it's realistic. This kind of thing happens. Unfortunately not all of us have a panic room to run to. I think the panic room scares me almost as much as having murderous robbers in my house. I couldn't imagine being in such a small space for such a long time. I am completely claustrophobic. But to the movie, it was really good. The film has good thrills and great suspense. I found myself screaming at the screen, "Run!", and a few curse words mixed in there as well. It's always a treat when a film gets you so involved with the character's and whats happening. Jodie Foster nails it as the over protective mama bear protecting her cub which was played by Kristen Stewart. She is quite young in the film and does a really good job in the movie. It's hard for a film that takes place in one place to really bring you to the edge of your seat, but David Fincher succeeds in doing just that. Great film."
blkbomb
blkbomb

November 3, 2011
Burnham: I spent the last 12 years of my life building rooms like this specifically to keep out people like us

"It was supposed to be the safest room in the house."

David Fincher has always and will always be a stylish director and that is one of the reason I love his movies. With Panic Room, he uses his style with a home invasion plot. The camera work is extraordinary, weaving the way from door to door and up and down stairs. This isn't Fincher's best work, but it is an extremely well-made and entertaining thriller.

A mother and daughter move into a new house. This house has a panic room in its master bedroom just incase a few burglars were to come into the house. Oh and what do you know, the first night they move in, there's a home invasion. What bad luck they have. The mother is played by Jodie Foster, who is never horrible, but has degrees of annoying to her performances. The daughter is played by a young Kristen Stewart. Both actresses are fine in their roles. Then there's the three burglars played by Forest Whitaker, Jared Leto and Dwight Yoakham.

Each criminal displays a rather familiar trait. There's Burnham; he is the guy who is there just because he needs the money. He is the type that doesn't want to hurt anyone because really he is just an average guy; his family just needs the money. He also has knowledge of the panic room because it is his job do design them. There's Junior; he is the mastermind of the whole operation. He is kind of in the middle when it comes to psycho. He doesn't go so far as to want to just kill everyone, but he does display maniac behavior at times. Last, but not least, there's Raoul; he is the crazy homicidal maniac, who wasn't supposed to be there in the first place. He doesn't care what he has to do, as long as he gets him money.

The plot isn't completely original with nothing surprising happening. In fact you'll be able to figure out what happens to all three criminals about ten minutes into the home invasion. There also are a number of plot holes that kind of annoyed me, but they weren't enough to take away from just how much fun I was having watching the film. The pacing is just right, moving at top speed at times and only slowing down for a few minutes at a time to allow the characters to catch their breath. This isn't up to the level of Seven or Fight Club, but still it shows that David Fincher just works on another level when it comes to thrillers.
TheDudeLebowski65
TheDudeLebowski65

September 30, 2011
Panic Room is a well crafted, plotted and directed thriller. David Fincher has always made good films, and Panic Room proves that he is a fine director. Panic Room presents an intricate plot that will keep you on the edge of your seat. The story is superb, the cast is terrific and the suspense is unrelenting. The film is a phenomenal blend of thrills and suspense. David Fincher has made few bad films, and he continues the trend of directing great films with Panic Room. This is a terrific film with a great cast. Surprisingly this film casts Kristen Stewart, which she isn't bad whatsoever in this. Jodie Foster is perfect in her role, and she always knows how deliver a solid, effective performance that will capture the audiences intrigue. Panic Room is definitely a great suspense thriller film. The cast is excellent for this film, and they make the film better than it is. This is a well executed film that if you're a fan of well developed thrillers with plenty of suspense and thrills, then this film is for you. David Fincher is a phenomenal director and it's really hard to pick a favorite for me, thought it would this film along with Se7en, Fight Club and Zodiac. Panic Room is a stylishly executed picture that has everything necessary to a good thriller. Effective pacing, slow buildup, a constant feel of tension and of course an excellent climax. Fincher is one of the few directors out there that can pull off a terrific thriller. For this film, he pulls out every trick he's out, and he delivers an immaculate thriller that is quite ingenious in its execution, and because of that; it's a film you won't soon forget.
Eric A

September 26, 2011
Almost 10 years old and this movie still is cool and relevant. I've always liked Panic Room and think it is very brilliantly done.
DreamExtractor
DreamExtractor

August 15, 2011
Panic Room is the kind of thriller I fell in love with when I first watched Misery. The plot of the film is amazing, a mother and daughter who move into a new house and have to wait in a Panic room from burglars, and the best part was we get both sides, the victims and the burglars, I really think David fincher pulled of a winer with this story. One problem I had with the movie was that that panic room didn't seem very safe, there were so many things that weren't protected that these burglars could've killed them with. The cast was incredible, Jodie Foster was great in her role, Kristen stewart played the perfect scared little kid, and Forest Whittaker played the burglar that we don't know is evil or desperate. The cinematography is incredible as well, truly Oscar worthy and amazing, many people overlook the camera work in this. Panic Room is not only one of the best thriller you can find, but it is also another masterpiece that Ficher has created.
murphmann93
murphmann93

June 24, 2011
This was a refreshing film that is different to all the other thrillers. I was scared all the way through and my heart was pounding. Made me want a panic room.
jamers2011
jamers2011

February 5, 2011
Not the best David Fincher film I have seen, but it is still very good. This is a great thriller that is non-stop intensity and suspense from the first scene to the last.

Jodie Foster and Forest Whitaker completely carry this film. Without those two, the film would not have been as intense as it was. Also, Kristen Stewart is okay, too.

Overall, this is a great, thrilling, original film, but with it comes some weaknesses. There were a few plot elements that are so dumb that a few moments of the film are unrealistic, but it's nothing too horrible. Also, two of the intruders do not give as good of performances as the main characters, so any time they're the focus of a scene, the scene lacks. Also, the script is weak at times too, particularly with some of the adult language. Language never bothers me, but in some moments it is stupid and extremely unappealing. Cuss words do not always add to the intensity of a situation.

Panic Room is intense and entertaining from the very first shot! I recommend it!
Christopher A

January 5, 2011
Absolutely loved it. A simple yet gripping storyline that keeps the viewer willing the inevitable events to happen.
garyX
garyX

April 28, 2007
When thieves break into a New York home they thought would be empty, the occupying woman and her teenage daughter find refuge in the panic room, unaware that it is the target of the intruders' plan. David Fincher had a lot to live up to when he made this film, which makes it all the more perplexing that he chose such a generic and unimaginative script for his follow up to Fight Club. In fact if anything, the directorial flourishes that worked so well in the context of the off-beat idiosyncracies of that film just look out of place and pointless here and despite the slight Hitchcockian vibe it all seems too overly familiar. Jodie Foster gets to showcase her cleavage, spending the whole running time of the film in her underwear, Kristen Stewart has little to do except look sickly and the villains each have their specific stereotpyes, the pick of the film being the ever reliable Whitaker as the criminal with a conscience. There are a couple of major plot contrivances that just didn't work for me and there is little in the way of surprises along the way. It is a solidly made, decent quality Hollywood thriller, but I've come to expect more from Mr. Fincher.
TheGame90
TheGame90

March 2, 2010
Jodie Foster can really carry a movie on her own. But she doesn't have to here. Everybody has a great part in the story. And Jared Leto...he is still a jabroni in my eyes....but that guy is great...havn't seen him so many times...but every time he steals the show (especially in American Psycho). Overall....a good movie