Paranormal Activity 2 - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Paranormal Activity 2 Reviews

½ May 27, 2011
The brief spark of horror originality that was Paranormal Activity is now doused by 1800 pointless sequels.
May 25, 2016
Great start to a spooky franchise, just make sure you watch number 3 after this and skip number 2 it's nonsense
May 17, 2016
Its not as good as the first one, not that that is saying a whole lot, but its an admirable sequel if you enjoyed the first film. The plot is interesting, and the way the first two films connect to eachother is quite interesting in my opinion. Its an enjoyable film, but it suffers from the same slow pacing that the entire paranormal activity series does.
April 30, 2016
A very boring sequel
½ March 21, 2016
Generally as horror sequels go, they are complete failures. This one proves that wrong; by no means does it improve, but certainly is just as entertaining.
½ March 13, 2016
Let me release the Kraken!

A family moves into a house that everyone in the neighborhood keeps their distance from. They begin to experience a series of events of what they believe is break-ins and set up cameras around the house to catch the intruders in the act. They discover the events are not break-ins or being conducted by burglars.

"Dad, please be careful."

Tod Williams, director of The Door in the Floor, The Adventures of Sebastian Cole, and the upcoming Cell, delivers Paranormal Activity 2. The storyline for this picture is just okay and not as good as the original and some of the follow ups. The horror elements were mediocre, as was the acting, but the script was clever.

"We just can't let this affect us that much; if we do that, the terrorists win."

I randomly came across this one night at 7-11 and grabbed it as the only Paranormal Activity picture I had not seen. This was very mediocre and not really worth a viewing. I only recommend this to die hard horror movie or Paranormal Activity fans.

"The spirits may be horny."

Grade: C
May 3, 2015
├├,├,├,┬ó├,├,├,├,┬Ž├├,├,┬ó├,├,├,┬Ž├├,┬ó├,├,┬Ž├┬ó├,┬Ž├ó┬ŽÔŽ
November 4, 2010
a failure of a movie' and i thought the first was bad enough
December 20, 2010
Definitely not as good or suspenseful as the first in the series, but still entertaining. Though it was incredibly obvious that the purpose of the film is to setup the storyline for another sequel.
½ October 21, 2010
I liked being scared. Not as scary... but still fun to watch.
January 22, 2016
Serves up a few creepy moments but overall, this sequel is a pretty boring and confusing mess.
½ January 5, 2011
A superior and scarier sequel (prequel actually) that serves best as an example of what the first movie should have been but wasn't, given that, contrary to the silly sheet tricks of that one, we're offered this time a more interesting development of the paranormal activity.
January 2, 2016
Not as scary as the first one, but if you were compelled to give it a try due to the original, you'll leave pleasantly surprised. Horror fans by now are trained to expect nothing but the worst from sequels, but PA2 delivers on it's scares. Admittedly there aren't as many scares as the original, and they likely don't frighten as much either, but imho that's more a testament to how good the original was vs how bad the sequel is.
March 23, 2013
Though treading a similar formula to the first film, this delivers a tremendous amount in terms of atmosphere and originality. The house itself is enchanting as are the characters. Even on the umpteenth viewing this remains one of the scariest movies I've ever seen.
December 21, 2015
not as good as the first one.
February 28, 2015
Capitalizes on the first but offers cruddy characters with a nonsensical plot.
November 1, 2015
It is definitely not better than the first, the story is deeply too forced, that is to say, try to create a saga where history is hardly enjoyable and even is understandable, the unique and interesting and at the same time fun and frightening of the first film is completely lost in this second part, offering more of the same, but worse and boring at the same time and with scares simple and unoriginal.

Review en Espa˝ol:
Definitivamente no es mejor que la primera, la historia se siente demasiado forzada, es decir, intentan crear una saga donde la historia apenas es disfrutable y ni siquiera es entendible, lo ˙nico e interesante y a la vez divertido y aterrador de la primera pelÝcula se pierde completamente en esta segunda parte, ofreciendo mas de lo mismo, pero peor y aburrido a la vez y con sustos simples y poco originales.
October 31, 2015
½ October 30, 2015
Tying in nicely to the original and with a better camera setup. this film was not as terrifying as the first one but still provides enough creepy moments to be a respectable entry to the franchise. 3.6/5
½ October 30, 2015
After the success of Paranormal Activity, of course Hollywood is going to make a sequel. So with a new director, and three different writers, which two of them I only know of that written films in the future like Christopher Landon with Paranormal Activity 3, 4, and The Marked Ones, and Michael R. Perry with The Voices, which I really enjoyed. So to my surprise, not only does have all of the great stuff that made the first Paranormal Activity a success, it actually improves on it. Instead of one camera in the first movie, it's now multiple cameras which makes sense since it's a sequel, and they want to make it bigger, which not only that, but it also makes sense about why it's being filmed, and also how it got found. The acting is really good, and the writing is great in this which like the first film, sounds like real dialogue to me. There is no character that is mean-spirited, although Micah comes back in this, but he's actually not in this film that much, and he doesn't really do anything that's consider to be a jerk move. The story is still pretty good, but it doesn't really do anything new with it and is kind of repeating some of the things form the first movie, but not the scares though as they are really effective and really get a jump out of me without using jump scares, except maybe one but it's at the right moment. The characters are smart, and there's more backstory of Katie and Kristi's past which is very interesting and made me wonder about what happen to their past, until the third movie is made which in my opinion, was the right thing to do. The climax is the best part of the film because it gives you a cluster-phobic vibe to the film, and you just don't know when it's gonna come up to scare you which horror films need to do that often. The movie answers a lot of questions that were needed, but also gives some questions that film deserves to have as Paranormal Activity 2 is one of the best horror sequels I've seen in a long time.