Paranormal Activity 4 - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Paranormal Activity 4 Reviews

November 8, 2015
The lousiest of the series
November 1, 2015
This fourth part offers more of the same, a confused story and uninteresting and a few scares really quite bad, something that bothers me about these films is that they do not take enough time to explain all the doubts that have arisen since the second part; what relationship do these families and these stories outside with the original story of Katie? I have no idea. We have no explanation and arise more doubts with what i can conclude that even directors have idea of what they are doing. Paranormal Activity 4 is not better than its predecessor and continues with the same formula as the previous (you know ... same end, same screamers ... )

Review en Español:
Esta cuarta parte ofrece mas de lo mismo, una historia confusa y poco interesante y unos sustos bastante malos, algo que me molesta de estas películas es que no se toman el tiempo suficiente para explicar todas las dudas que han surgido desde su segunda parte; ¿que relación tienen estas familias y estas historias externas con la historia original de Katie? no tengo la menor idea. No tenemos ninguna explicación y surgen mas dudas con lo que puedo concluir que ni siquiera los directores tienen idea de lo que están haciendo. Actividad Paranormal 4 no es mejor que su antecesora y sigue con la misma formula que las anteriores (ya saben... mismo final, mismos screamers...)
½ October 31, 2015

This movie is a fucking shitty and unnessecary sequel
because they should not add the ending scene when Alexandra goes into this house and a surroundment of amnesia mans, I wanted to SPOIL ALERT the movie just for anyone who doesn't even give a crap about horror movies.
There's still more of these... But I'm going to make myself clear
Roster of Paranormal Activity films I recommend enjoying this moment of my optinions.

P.A: The Best one there is in the franchise.
P.A 2: Not Good because it is a little unnecessary and wasn't expensive.
P.A 3: Better and not a bad movie.
P.A 4: Full On Crap, Made no sense.
P.A 5 the marked ones: Worse, That's Because of the jerky characters.
P.A 6 the ghost dimension: Not Even gonna fucking bother because i heard it is even worse. It got 12% on rotten tomatoes. Bad Bad Bad!
½ October 28, 2015
Well that was a disappointment. Not once did I scream, gasp, or piss myself. I'm beginning to think that those promos with the people sitting in the theater watching these movies and reacting to it isn't real.
October 26, 2015
Creepy and entertaining, but not as tension filled as it's predecessors! B
½ October 21, 2015
Yet another semi creepy film.....
May 5, 2015
It still has some decent scare tricks up it's sleeve and answers a few more threads, and lead actress Kathryn Newton is pretty good. But this fourth installment in the popular franchise more than shows how it's familiar tactics have worn out over time and it isn't so terrifying anymore, and has the most abrupt ending of that leaves a lot more things hanging out.
½ October 19, 2015
Ok so I never understood the Paranormal Activity hate. I get it, the whole found footage idea has been done numerous times before, but the franchise had a great deal of creativity to offer, which made up for lots of slower and boring moments. This one though... After watching this movie I couldn't believe that it was only 80 minutes long. I felt as if I watched the entire Godfather trilogy (I'm reffering to the lengh, not the quality of the movies). It is so ungodly boring and cliched that I legitimately considered just switching it off. The first 50 minutes consist solely of a bucketload of cheap fake jumpscares that are supposed to scare you, but honestly if the movie goes quiet for a handful of seconds you pretty much know that something's about to jump out of the corner and that ruins the remains of scary atmosphere that were left. The plot would've been at least a bit original, but unfortunately the 'great' twist is spoiled before we even meet the new family. The rest follows the Paranormal Activity formula without introducing anything new, apart of maybe some creative ways of trying to scare you. I said trying because movie obviously fails at that. By the time it starts happening you are thinking of pretty much anything else, because of the sole boredom. The acting is good, and the setup is totally believable, but the rest is a neverending crapfest
½ October 15, 2015
It may not have the same amount of energy to manifest like the previous Activities with a flawed development, but the next page in the chronology played the right cards on still being quite suspenseful and creative on conjuring up chills and a scare or two while also showing a few homages to a couple of chilly films. (B)

(Full review coming soon)
October 29, 2012
Your generic horror film, this film is let down by the plethora of jump-scare scenes. It seems to recycle a lot of old material, although despite jump-scare, it's alright horror. It does repeat itself a bit, and only during the end did I actually start to scream because of real horror, and a surprise ending that is sure to make you jump.
August 11, 2015
This movie proves that a movie based around Skype calls will lose connection, and your interest.
½ October 3, 2012
After the surprisingly effective third entry, the franchise shows its age with this below average attempt grasping at straws to come up with new scares. [C-]
½ June 29, 2015
Worst film in the series, the main chracter (The blonde) just reminds me how stupid my first girlfriend was. But let's be honest here, the only people that would find this movie interesting are just stupid kids under the age of 15.
½ October 27, 2012
I walked into PA 4 not really expecting anything good to come out of it and I was correct. Considering that PA 3 is my favorite film in the series, I had a tiny amount of hope instilled in me that the sophomore film would be just as good. I was wrong, dead wrong. The film was building up such great suspense in the beginning and after a good first act, all of the jump scares became very cliche. It was the same recycled formula again and again and again. As soon as the first character died, it felt that the film started to rush everything towards an abrupt conclusion (almost as bad as the ending in The Devil Inside) that really didn't explain anything. It more or less, just ruined the entire movie. Anyways, if you get startled easily by jump scares, give it a view but if you're looking to watch a good movie, skip out on this one. PA 4 is a major disappointment on so many levels.
½ June 15, 2015
A fun film that offers some chilling scares, but fails to deliver anything new.
June 11, 2015
Paranormal Activity is one of my favourite movies, and even I could barely tolerate how tiresome and poorly acted this movie was.
½ October 21, 2012
By this point you'd think that the Paranormal Activity series would still be somewhat decent, considering the 3rd one was surprisingly not bad at all. How wrong you'd be. This 4th entry in the ever-popular series is plagued with shoddy acting from its mostly young cast, a cheesy script, and insanely predictable jump scares - you'll be able to tell what's going on about five minutes before it actually happens.
April 11, 2015
interesting but again not scary
April 9, 2015
i like the 2,3 better
October 10, 2012
It has some good moments, but these movies just keep piling unanswered questions above unanswered questions. It's so frustrating. There's barely a plot in this movie, and by the end it's practically shouting "Haha! Now you have to wait for Paranormal Activity 5!" Give us a good story! Give us some plot twists!