The Tonne

I may in the minority when I say, I wasn't the biggest fan of this film, and my main problem is that it can't choose a tonne. Some moments are meant to be taken seriously, but the jokes are constantly forced down our throats at every turn. I wouldn't mind the ocasional joke, but I felt there was too much and no-one has noticed that the adult humour is too inappropiate (not Cat in the Hat territory) but do you see what i mean. Some of you may like this film and I will try to accept it, but for me, it's unrecommendable. You can go to my reviews for further infomation.
George S.
02-1-2013 12:15 AM

Thread Replies

Please log in to participate in this forum.

Bram S.

Bram Sterling

Really? I wouldn't say that it couldn't pick a tone, I would say that the film perfectly blends humor, scares and seriousness. I realize that there were some scenes with humor and some scenes with scares but I really thought that Chris Butler managed them beautifully, so that none of it felt too jarring. I absolutely adored the film. It's a bit premature of me, I realize that, but this is honestly one of my absolute favorite films of all time. Already.

May 11 - 09:45 PM

Kurtiss Keefner

Kurtiss Keefner

Tone - a technique that is a part of composition, which encompasses the attitudes toward the subject and toward the audience implied in a work.

Tonne - metric ton: a unit of weight equivalent to 1000 kilograms.

Learn terminology if you are going to write an entire paragraph using it...

Mar 10 - 07:36 PM

George S.

George Smith

Tone/Tonne, Tom-a-to/Tom-are-to (whatever the joke is) you get the idea.

Apr 4 - 05:05 AM

Mark Wilson

Mark Wilson

I agree. While not a bad film, it's not as good as most other films in the genre. The plot was simple and the pacing was drawn out. Also the jokes were mediocre.

Mar 7 - 01:08 PM

Find us on:                     
Help | About | Jobs | Critics Submission | Press | API | Licensing | Mobile