Park Avenue: Money, Power and the American Dream - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Park Avenue: Money, Power and the American Dream Reviews

½ October 22, 2013
"Park Avenue" is about how some of the richest men in America are hogging the bulk of our income for themselves. The bias of this socio-economic drama is rather leftist, but the message is fair: these billionaires are destroying the American dream for the average Americans. While millions of Americans are struggling to put food on the table with their minimum wage jobs, the residents of this ultra-rich neighbourhood of Park Ave simply turn a blind eye to the poor's plight by lobbying Washington for reducing their taxes while increasing taxes for the rest of Americans. The director Alex Gibney also shows why Mitt Romney was not elected in the last presidential election: his VP choice, Paul Ryan (who bases his economic philosophy on that of Ayn Rand) was a huge mistake.
October 10, 2013
While deceptively less about the location and more about the politics, this film opened my eyes to problems that I didn't even know existed. And although I may not 100% agree with the views of the filmmakers, it's hard to argue with facts.
March 12, 2014
Well-made documentary about the huge gap between wealth and poverty in New York.
March 9, 2014
Really well done! Very disturbing the trend of a smaller and smaller group of people controlling an increasing amount of the money, but while that end result is disturbing what's even more disturbing is how they got to control that much in the way of resources. This film reaffirmed what I've known to be the case for years. LOBBY REFORM OR ABOLITION IS NECESSARY!!!
December 6, 2013
Wanna see where David Koch lives? Wanna know why the rich couldn't give a rat's ass about the rest of us? Watch this. It's on Netflix. Get pissed off like me and then I'll meet you in the streets.
September 24, 2013
Want to be outraged. Want to roll around barking at your screen.....want to feel cheated and robbed....well here you go....this is just the smack in your face you might need to realize that your american dream is harder to get than you realize. I loved it!
½ July 25, 2013
Another hit by Alex Gibney about our modern plutocracy.

I recommend getting a soft pillow to cradle your soul as it's crushed.
½ July 2, 2013
Gibney at what he does best! It's funny how the documentary has not received a single critic review from the community. Hmmmm.... (03/07/13)
½ October 31, 2012
On hulu Now. Required viewing before the 2012 election. Run, Don't walk.