Paul McCartney Really Is Dead: The Last Testament of George Harrison - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Paul McCartney Really Is Dead: The Last Testament of George Harrison Reviews

February 15, 2013
I thought this would at least be interesting... But instead it was pretty stupid. Not even semi-believable.
December 17, 2013
Interesting and well presented. Makes real Beatles fan go Hummm
½ December 18, 2012
Joel Gilbert (the same hack documentarian who tortured us with a painfully hyperbolic and unauthorized rock doc about Bob Dylan) offends us yet again with this cinematic turd. Using "George Harrison's" audio recording of his last will and testament, which Gilbert claims was "personally sent" to him, Gilbert tries to convince us that Paul McCartney died in 1966, and that the Paul we know today is actually a nip-and-tuck imposter. If the unconvincing voice actor who tries to sound like George Harrison isn't enough to convince you of Gilbert's overt film-flammery, I don't know how else I can help you.
May 4, 2013
Wow this is one powerful documentary. I love the Beatles and can't say I share the same feeling for Documentaries but, this had me glued during the entire show. The clues and the album covers are just eerie enough to make you watch for that segment alone. If you're a fan of the Beatles it is worth the time to sit an watch this... you just may wonder if Paul McCartney really is dead?
December 16, 2012
Totally MIND BLOWN! This documentary presents one heck of an argument on the possibility that Paul McCartney isn't the one we see today. I was a little skeptical going in but you would not believe what they present to the viewer. A MUST WATCH! WOW!!
December 4, 2012
Amusing, to say the least.
½ August 10, 2012
...I am Paul McCartney.
May 17, 2012
Very eye opening, but dull and unbelievable.
½ June 19, 2012
The premise is insane. A mini-tape containing a perfect studio-quality recording of George Harrison flawlessly and in chronological order recounting every single clue in every Beatles record from 40 years prior about how Paul McCartney really was dead. It basically defeats itself with how stupid it is. I can understand if you want to make a film about a conspiracy theory you believe in, but just make a film about it. You don't need to make up some shitty story about George Harrison and get an actor to do the worst, fake Liverpool accent ever. Just make the damn film with a narrator like a normal person. It's already a stupid conspiracy theory, you don't need to disintegrate the last shred of credibility this may have had by faking a "confession" by Harrison. It's laughable. The craziness goes so far that I wonder if this was actually supposed to be some sort of comedy. Even if it was, it's just sad how deep these people dig to try to get things in their story to fit. Anyways. Fun watch. Would recommend to anyone who doesn't mind cringe-worthy stupidness and horrible animations etc.
May 28, 2012
there is a grain of truth in every lie.despite popular opinion, amazing & captivating. spoken by George Harrison from a hospital bed upon his near fatal stabbing over a decdade ago (he later succumbed to stomach cancer.) it explains the idea of how "Paul is Dead" came to be and that the publicity stunt became the basis for "Rubber Soul" when Paul was replaced by a "Plastic Paul" and how much the stunt became the centerpiece of the rest of the Beatles existence.conspriracy theory + Beatles = brilliant.
May 14, 2012
best movie i have ever seen.. it makes you wonder which other artist are fakes in the industry
May 6, 2012
Be prepared for an animation of William Campbell turning into Paul McCartney, and prepare to see it an upward of 15 times.
April 18, 2012
It's a strange trip. If you know much about the Beatles, you'll quickly realize this is another hoax but it's compelling to see how they support this crazy alternate history.
½ April 3, 2012
Dont believe can make anything fit if you try hard enough. tonally he sounds identical to Paul but they cant really tell if the tapes are George. cmon man.
February 25, 2012
i heard it had compelling and circumstantial evidence throuout. maybe I dont think its true because I dont want to believe it. but Elanor Rigby was a true person!
November 17, 2011
Now this documentarie is very interesting. Even if its not true it was very well made
November 16, 2011
Very strange but very interesting! Clearly a hoax but a fascinating one!
November 10, 2011
First of let me say that I do not believe this documentary is true. However I did find it entertaining none the less.
The very fact that the voice that was supposedly George Harrison dictating his testament from a hospital bed a day after receiving a near fatal stab wound is a joke, as the recording was obviously done by a voice actor with studio equipment. Although there is continuity errors in the timeline and the "evidence" given, I still found this film fun to watch.
September 27, 2011
It was very interesting and quite convincing. The clues that the film depict are heavy in numbers. Even though some are a little stretched for the truth, many of them are too close for coincidence. I may be a believer.
September 27, 2011
Very interesting and quite convincing.