92% Guardians of the Galaxy Aug 01

40% The Killing: Season 4

Penn & Teller Get Killed (Dead Funny) Reviews

Lucas M

May 14, 2011
Unusual satirical dark humor movie, tense and comic. A rare Arthur Penn's jewel that is little know and misunderstood until these days.
Ken S

December 16, 2010
Totally random and all over the place. I'm not going to say I didn't laugh, but I think saying the film is uneven would be an understatement. Worth it just to see Teller talk and for the Downfall-ish ending

November 28, 2012
First of all...I can't believe Arthur Penn committed himself to directing a simply bad film like this. Throughout Penn's career he's been making serious films that was made for the times..."The Left Handed Gun", "The Miracle Worker", "Mickey One", "Bonnie & Clyde", "Alice's Restaurant", "Little Big Man", "Night Moves", "Four Friends". As the 1980's rolled along, Penn made the somewhat disappointing picture called "Dead Of Winter" starring Mary Steenburgen. Penn put all of his energy into making "Penn & Teller Get Killed". Possibly the worst film Penn has ever made in his entire filmmaking career.

The plot is about two idiots named Penn & Teller who are a couple of famous magicians. They both travel and go on these adventures, play embaressing pranks on each other that is suppose to be funny to the audience but they're absolutely not, Penn (the tall one who wears a nail polish on his finger) is a loud mouth who tries way too hard to be comical, Teller is the guy who hardly says a word (until the end) and is just as bad as Penn when it comes to the comical, oh yeah and Penn has a spanish girlfriend named Carlotta (Carlotta from Vertigo?) played by Caitlin Clarke. This film doesn't have the decency to get a real spanish actress to play the role of Carlotta. Well nothing changes as the film progresses...Penn keeps yacking his loud mouth like an annoying school kid and Teller loves playing pranks on Penn. Anyone who actually liked this crap should clearly get their heads re-examined. Arthur Penn I never thought I'd say this but I am very disappointed with you...

It wouldn't be the end...Penn would direct a made for TV picture named "Portrait" starring Gregory Peck and Laura Becall and he started executive produced TV drama's (Law & Order)
June 16, 2014
A few jokes fall flat but most hit pretty well. If you like Penn and Teller you will probably like this. If you don't it could go either way.
June 14, 2013
Greatest ending to any movie ever!
April 28, 2013
With numerous plot holes, and scenes that just don't make sense, P&TGT is confusing and jumbled. The direction is simple and doesn't do much, and the only performance I can applaud is Teller and the psycho. But my God, as always, Penn & Teller deliver a piece that is insanely funny, original, and thoroughly enjoyable.
March 12, 2013
I enjoyed this movie. It's very interesting considering what the the two went on to do.

November 28, 2012

October 19, 2012
This is one of the strangest films I have ever seen. It surpasses comedy into absurdism, with an ending that leaves you shrugging.
September 22, 2012
Simply put, the movie is one big, long Penn and Teller style swindle. They are screwing with the audience by making a movie itself. It would be a brilliant idea if the movie itself wasn't so crummy.
August 24, 2012
The funniest dark comedy I have ever seen.
Lucas M

May 14, 2011
earthimmigrant
October 4, 2005
I don't know why everyone is so hard on this movie. If you "get" Penn & Teller, it's quite entertaining.