—— The Identical Sep 05

The Perfect Score Reviews

Japes
Japes

August 27, 2011
Kids are pretty stupid. SATs really don't mean that much. If they couldn't get into the college they applied, they could've gone to a community college and transferred over. No big deal.

Anyway the movie was kind of boring, and really cliched. Like so many cliches, no joke. I only watched it because I didn't have anything better to do.
blkbomb
blkbomb

August 24, 2011
Francesca: You look like a slut. I like it.

"The S.A.T. is hard to take. It's even harder to steal."

The Perfect Score is a horrible teenage heist comedy that makes no effort to do anything original with it's characters or situations. Some of the worst performances I've ever seen done for cliche teenagers. The worst comes from Leonardo Nam as the "stoner." He talks really slow and with the surfer accent duuude. He gives his best Sean Penn impersonations and guess what; it was pretty shitty. Why Darius Miles was involved; I have no idea. It might of been because of his lack of success in the NBA, but come on. Why would you cast him? He's godawful as the "jock." You got your other cliche characters like the "brains," the "rebel," the "dumb" and the"smart, but not smart enough."

Everything about this movie annoyed the hell out of me, except Scarlett Johansson's looks. Her performance was below average, but she never disappoints. Erica Christensen was also horrible and might have given the second worst performance behind Nam. Her performance was so bad that I'm actually going to say that Darius Miles was better. He's not even a fucking actor. That's how bad Erica is. As for the story; it had potential. It could have been decent, but it never tries to be anything other than a typical bad heist movie. He doesn't seem like anyone really tried.
MANUGINO
MANUGINO

January 6, 2009
The S.A.T is hard to take. It's even harder to steal.

Good movie and I really liked it. I enjoyed it very much, it was easy to see and which guy couldn't with Scarlett Johansson glowing up the scene's with that cherry red hair and those amazing lips, wow she is so irresistible. Nice ending to a cool story with some smart and funny moments.

All-round good boy Kyle only obstacle to realizing his dream, studying architecture at Cornell, is his average SAT exam score. For best buddy Matty Matthews, getting into college is his hope to be reunited with dream girl Sandy. They realize haughty brat Francesca Curtis, owner of the Princeton building where ETS makes the SAT test, can provide them security codes so stealing the SAT results before the make-ups becomes an option. Charming Kyle talks her into it, but also enlists their senior high school near-valedictorian Anna Ross, whose Brown ambition is imposed by bossy parents. She brings along basketball dumbo Desmond Rhodes. Realizing their planning was overheard in the school toilet by marijuana addict Roy, the buddies take hum on board, ands find he's actually a natural genius without any ambition. Kyle nearly pulls off a first plan with luck, but blows it. His second plan is better, and the team improvises just enough to get the scores with one major sacrifice. But in the process, their states of mind change decisively.
KJ P

January 13, 2010
easy concept to make a movie out of, but I really enjoyed it!
Coxxie M

March 21, 2009
it has matthew lillard in it, who is always funny so it gets a star... but seriously, if youre older than 12 dont see it.
thmtsang
thmtsang

August 26, 2007
Teen movie about a group of unlikely classmates who want to steal the SAT exam.
Nani V

August 9, 2007
I found this one to be very slow...
Daniel J D

July 24, 2007
I watched this at a time when I'd watch pretty much any move with Scarlett Johansson in it. And don't get me wrong, it had its moments, but it could've been a lot better. Viacom likes putting out cheesy teen films though... and that's just what this is.
Leigh R

January 31, 2007
Pretty good. I like the way it ends.
deano
deano

January 4, 2007
Fantastic comedy-drama of six students decide to break i n and steal the answers to a crucial high school exam. Of course, on the poster that I believe this film is like The Breakfast Club meets Ocean's Eleven.
Dann M

June 29, 2013
Stereotypical and formulaic, The Perfect Score is a teen comedy that tries for some social satire but fails. With their college dreams riding on their SAT scores, and group of high school seniors decide to break into a high-security building and steal the SAT master key. The story tries to have a positive message about being true to yourself, but it feels kind of forced and doesn't really work with the tone of the film. Featuring Erika Christensen, Chris Evans, and Scarlett Johansson, there's some solid casting, but most of the performances are weak. Still, the caper's kind of fun and there are some laughs to be had. Additionally, the soundtrack's pretty good and complements the scenes quite well. The Perfect Score has some problems, but it's entertaining and at least tries to be socially conscious about real world issues facing high school teenagers.
Steven V

April 25, 2008
The maker of this movie had a good idea of what he was doing in the making of this film. The acting wasn't the best and visuals was nothing to brag about, other then that the plot was a good idea and be nice to think about stealing the SAT scores.
Yinalí R

October 11, 2007
Very cool.
Laurence C

May 31, 2006
Not a particularly inspired nor innovative teen movie, The Perfect Score still gets points for being tasteful, occasionally funny and sincere in its intentions. Trouble is, energetic performers and a few amusing set-pieces can only get you so far, and Brian Robbins' limp, sloppy direction fails to take advantage of the talent on display. The fairly preachy screenplay, despite its swift pacing, also doesn't quite find a satisfying enough conclusion to its narrative, and the dialogues vary in quality and relevance. Nevertheless, younger teenagers will find enough here to warrant a viewing, and this product is anything but an insult to their intelligence. The six teenagers central to the story are embodied by very likeable (though hardly extraordinary) actors, most of them outshined by the vibrant and naturalistic Johansson.
Sunil J

January 31, 2008
A silly high school movie that is funny after multiple viewings.
Marion R

June 9, 2007
Crappy film aimed for the teen crowd.
Jason R

June 3, 2008
Funny comedy about kids trying to get the answers to the SAT Exam, I liked it Scarlett Johanson in her younger days I think she was hotter back then, but thats just me.
March 5, 2010
Moderately entertaining, but stupid. The narration was moronic as were a couple of the characters. (First and only viewing - 8/26/2014)
June 6, 2007
So the only reason why I wanted to see this movie is back in 2003 I was sitting in a theater and saw a preview of this movie, I was sitting right next to a total smarty-pants who actually scored a perfect score on the SAT. As we watched the preview at the end he calmly stated, "It's not that hard." I wanted at that point to punch him in the face, but I didn't. Instead I directed my emotion to this movie, which for some reason made me want to see this movie.
Now, having said all that the movie does bring up some good talking points about how stupid standardized testing is, (which is something people who didn't do that well say) but The Perfect Score is really not a very good movie and most of all is not that funny.