—— The Identical Sep 05

The Perfect Weapon Reviews

deano
deano

December 12, 2006
The fight scenes are quite well-staged with the silent hero, Jeff Speakman in his debut martial arts movie. Magnificent!
middleeasternfilms
middleeasternfilms

May 12, 2008
The storyline is kinda weak and the end fight is a bit of a gyp, but it's got some great fighting sequences in it by the modren-day master of Kenpo karate and the faster-than-shit Jeff Speakman, who peaked with this...his first starring role. A guilty pleasure, though I'm not afraid to admit it. Especially when he breaks out the sticks. This inspired me to buy some and take up weapons back in the day. He tears shit up with those.
Tim S

January 29, 2007
decent flick
Lee K

July 9, 2009
This is a good action flick that i think is a hidden gem or it would be labelled as such if i owned a video store and it was amongst my inventory. Jeff Speakman has some pretty cool moves and I thought the opening sequence as he is working out with the nun chuks to Snap's I Got The Power gets you really pumped to see this film. Check it out!
cody f

July 10, 2007
The 2 stars are for Speakman!
MovieGuruDude72
November 26, 2010
This Jeff Speakman was supposed to be the heir apparent to Van Damme (whatever that's worth). He failed miserably. Not only has no one ever heard of Jeff Speakman after this movie but no one has ever heard of this movie, which is cookie cutter garden variety violence and martial arts done poorly.
cowboyslr70
May 23, 2007
jeff speak me was my first kempo master ,,he opened the dojo where i started in the arts
the law of the fist-- Kempo
November 3, 2010
It did what it was meant to do, it gave people a new actor that new kick ass martial arts with a new edge vs. everything that we were used to. If you are a martial arts fan you should like the movie, if you want a great story and great acting, you are looking into the worng genre.
January 15, 2012
a product of its time, no worse then anything steven seagal put out. Jeff Speakman is quite interesting in the lead but its the overall story that lets this film down. the support cast is poorly chosen with an annoying subplot involving a kid. good for a night in but its not a film that will end up in your collection
May 20, 2012
A classic film about martial arts. It's real looking, and Jeff Speakman could actually fight. Is he Jet Li? No. But he had some of the fastest kicks and karate chops I've seen. The movie is almost hard to watch cause he's that fast. Much like Jet Li. Critics dissed this, why? It's not a Spielberg film, but what did they expect. Shakespeare?
April 6, 2012
Nuthin' better after five beers... than cool cheesy king fu movies like... The Perfect Weapon... with unknown Jeff Speakman... co-starring Mako, James Hong, Mariska Hargitay and Cary Hiroyuki-Tagawa... This might also explain why I own almost the whole collection of the Deadly Hands of Kung Fu...

Reminds me so much of Bloodsport and Kickboxer too... except with a better cast...