91% Guardians of the Galaxy Aug 01

85% Welcome to Sweden: Season 1
77% You're the Worst: Season 1

The Perfect Weapon Reviews

December 21, 2012
This movie is what got me started in kenpo karate... The movie is great , and the fight scenes great !!!
August 27, 2012
The storyline is kinda weak and the end fight is a bit of a gyp, but it's got some great fighting sequences in it by the modren-day master of Kenpo karate and the faster-than-shit Jeff Speakman, who peaked with this...his first starring role. A guilty pleasure, though I'm not afraid to admit it. Especially when he breaks out the sticks. This inspired me to buy some and take up weapons back in the day. He tears shit up with those.
November 3, 2010
It did what it was meant to do, it gave people a new actor that new kick ass martial arts with a new edge vs. everything that we were used to. If you are a martial arts fan you should like the movie, if you want a great story and great acting, you are looking into the worng genre.
July 16, 2012
Some decent martial arts fight scenes, but some poor acting and everything you would expect from a cheesy early 90's martial arts film.
January 15, 2012
a product of its time, no worse then anything steven seagal put out. Jeff Speakman is quite interesting in the lead but its the overall story that lets this film down. the support cast is poorly chosen with an annoying subplot involving a kid. good for a night in but its not a film that will end up in your collection
May 20, 2012
A classic film about martial arts. It's real looking, and Jeff Speakman could actually fight. Is he Jet Li? No. But he had some of the fastest kicks and karate chops I've seen. The movie is almost hard to watch cause he's that fast. Much like Jet Li. Critics dissed this, why? It's not a Spielberg film, but what did they expect. Shakespeare?
April 10, 2012
Martial arts actioner starring the little-known Jeff Speakman as a rebellious youth turned Kenpo Karate master who, following the murder of his old mentor, ventures into the seedy underworld of LA's Koreatown in the hopes of organising a dialogue and resolving the conflict peacefully. OK, I'm kidding, naturally it's a case of beat the shit out of everyone first, ask qustions later. The film does aspire to be more than just a brainless action fest by incorporating family issues and morals of the "if you kill them you'll be no better than them" school of thought but at the end of the day it's the quality punch ups that leave the lasting impression (Speakman's charisma may be lacking but his skills aren't). The supporting cast includes a lot of familiar faces that any 80's/90's beat 'em up fan will get a kick out of. James Hong, Mako and Professor Toru Tanaka are all on hand, as is Cary-Hiroyuki Tagawa, who presumably took a day off from the Showdown in Little Tokyo set in order to say a few lines and get beaten up. Twice.
April 6, 2012
Nuthin' better after five beers... than cool cheesy king fu movies like... The Perfect Weapon... with unknown Jeff Speakman... co-starring Mako, James Hong, Mariska Hargitay and Cary Hiroyuki-Tagawa... This might also explain why I own almost the whole collection of the Deadly Hands of Kung Fu...

Reminds me so much of Bloodsport and Kickboxer too... except with a better cast...
January 16, 2011
A fairly under rated karate movie, I am surprised that I can still enjoy it half as much as I did as a kid. The acting is terrible all over the place (which is typical for karate films), the action & fight scenes are very well done, even for today's standards. This is still one of my favourite karate movies.
MovieGuruDude72
November 26, 2010
This Jeff Speakman was supposed to be the heir apparent to Van Damme (whatever that's worth). He failed miserably. Not only has no one ever heard of Jeff Speakman after this movie but no one has ever heard of this movie, which is cookie cutter garden variety violence and martial arts done poorly.
Deathstalker83
July 30, 2010
They need to bring this movie back out on dvd or Blu-ray . Awesome Movie !
xcalibr377
September 3, 2009
Descent fight scenes.
rascall98
August 2, 2009
OK, I liked it more when it first came out. Still, VERY fast hands!
June 9, 2009
jeff speakman brings his Kempo karate style and kicks much ass
on a side note:whatever happened to jeff speakman
MasonStorm
March 29, 2009
Awsome movie that is not on DVD yet, Wonder if it will ever
deano
deano

December 12, 2006
The fight scenes are quite well-staged with the silent hero, Jeff Speakman in his debut martial arts movie. Magnificent!
middleeasternfilms