The Pest - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Pest Reviews

TheDudeLebowski65
July 3, 2012
This is one of those comedies that use gross out moments in trying to create humor. This film fails at being a good comedy and it is not worth watching. The reason why the film fails is because it has a poorly written script, one that isn't really funny. This film had a good idea, but execution of its comedy was very poor. I've seen this film when originally released, and though I thought that the idea was good, there was just something missing from this film to really make it worth seeing. This is simply put, a stupid comedy that is more annoying than funny. John Leguizamo is pretty funny doing his stand-up comedy, but in this film, he's absolutely wasted. This is a poorly constructed film that has dimwitted humor that doesn't work. This film had a good idea, but the gags are what make this one fail, and they're more gross than funny. This really could have been a good film, but due to a poor script, poor comedy and overall bad acting, it doesn't have anything going for it. Don't expect anything good with this film. It was a tiresome film, with no redeeming qualities and it just fell flat. There are no good comedy bits here, and there is just a poorly constructed comedy with gross out laughs that really don't work. This is a poorly acted film, directed film and one to avoid. Watch something else instead, The Pest is never funny and is more annoying than anything. Leguizamo has made better films; this is just one to forget.
May 27, 2011
Fun and unforgettable. The thing is: The Pest is terrible dumb, and totally bad written. Anyway, still funny and very entertaining. One of my guild pleasure.
ScoopOnline
½ December 15, 2009
Lets Skip this one.
June 18, 2009
i rented this one time and because of that, i really dont care to talk about it
skactopus
½ April 29, 2007
I'm sure you have seen Ace Ventura: Pet Detective. Well, this is John Leguizamo's Ace Ventura character. I'll admit that the plot is as dumb as can be, but the movie itself will keep you laughing with all the ridiculous stuff that happens (A jeep turning into a gigantic sound system?). John Leguizamo does an excellent job portraying a "hyper-active idiot" and you will see that he can act on both sides of the spectrum.

A lot of people will find this movie to be irritating, but I, along with a few others, find this movie hilariously entertaining. Just look at the cover.
March 22, 2006
This movie is idiotic, but that doesn't mean it's bad. It's pretty damn funny, but be warned, it meanders.
½ July 12, 2009
Kind of funny.
iLeo
½ April 12, 2007
Very funny!
FanGirl
September 7, 2006
I loved this movie when I was younger, I'm not sure I would anymore. I still say 'scareded' sometimes.
July 21, 2013
One of the most thoroughly annoying, cliched, obnoxious movies I've ever seen. It's a shame, since Leguizamo can be funny and can also act.
July 3, 2012
omg if u guys havent seen this movie i recommend seeing it its a good movie if u wanna find some funny stuff guys see it
May 5, 2012
Imagine watching a live action adventures of Sid the Sloth (Ice Age) but with diarrhea and fart noises... and then find its not quiet as bad as it sounds. Leguizamo shoulders the entire movie with his cartoon antics and makes a pretty decent go of a direly unoriginal plot. It's hard not to like The Pest when he is so animated and fun to watch flail around and predictably win at everything he tries.
½ January 17, 2012
I remember hating this movie when it 1st came out & watching it today, I still hate it.John Leguizamo's character Pest was EXTREMELY annoying & I wanted to squash him like a bug.The Pest was just as bad as Leguizamo's TV show (Anybody remember House Of Buggin?) The funniest thing about it was the jeep scene at the night club & that wasnt even that funny.This movie blows!
½ July 11, 2011
A pretty funny movie and the story is similar to that of the book most dangerous game. I do like this movie but fail to see how the audience gave this movie a tommatoe and captin ron a rotten one thats just a shame this movies not better but its a good comedy!!!!
November 8, 2010
It wasn't great, but it wasn't a waste of time either. Whether or not you should view this movie depends on your type of humor. I found myself laughing out loud quite a bit.
½ July 16, 2010
I really hope that John Leguizamo didn't think he would get a singing career out of this. The whole beginning of this movie was really annoying. In fact the whole story was really bad. The cast was not that good either. Like his two right hand men, Freddy Rodriguez and Aries Spears. You also have to love how awful Jeffrey Jones was with his accent. I think he was trying to be German. The only really interesting thing about the movie is that you really wanted to watch it to the end. But that is because Leguizamo did about 300 different voices in the film and you wonder which he was going to do next. The weird thing though is half the time his voices were not even that good. Sometimes I really wonder how a movie like this gets out. I know that the cast probably had a lot of fun making it, but other that that, the audience didn't have a lot of fun watching it.
July 16, 2010
½ May 18, 2010
I've seen John Leguizamo doing some very dramatic roles over the past few years and when it first happened I was confused, because this was my first exposure to the guy. In the same way that Tom Hanks never does comedy anymore, Leguizamo seems to have moved past this phase of his career. It is for that reason that I think this movie needs to be dusted off and watched from time to time. As a comedy, it isn't bad, but you could do a lot better.
March 16, 2010
This movie is one hot mess, but for some reason it is one of my guilty pleasures. The best part of the film is the song performed by John Leguazamo during the opening credits.
February 21, 2010
Worth watching, if Looney-Tunes-esque escapades are a favorite of yours. Otherwise, watch only as a bottom of the barrel choice.