Pete Smalls is Dead Reviews

FiLmCrAzY
½ May 13, 2013
Great cast, but not even Headey nor Roth can save this tripe of a movie!
½ November 29, 2011
There's too much wrong about "Pete Smalls Is Dead" for it to be enjoyable. Peter Dinklage and Mark Boone Jr. are both good as the film's leads and the narrative is surprisingly coherent, but there are too many undercooked subplots and relationships and Alexandre Rockwell's direction is lackluster. "Pete Smalls Is Dead" is by no means a great film, but it is an interesting experience.
February 6, 2014
The film's plot is too incredulous.
March 14, 2013
Awesome cast. The movie has issues but really all of that is besides the point because every actor in this movie is great.
March 10, 2013
Too grimy for my taste
September 9, 2012
I'll watch Peter Dinklage in anything and this was both funny and quirky.
August 20, 2012
There's so much to love about this movie that it's hard to know where to begin. The cast is impeccable, with Peter Dinklage in the leading role as Munk, the sad screenwriter beaten down by the world to such an extent that all he has left is his old dog. So cut off from his former life in Hollywood that he is running a lousy laundry in NY, Munk is drawn back into his strange circle of friends and the bitter betrayals that caused him to leave in the first place. Dinklage carries this film with immense dignity and pathos, while actors famous and not-so-famous cavort and swirl around him. Tim Roth. Carol Kane. Rosie Perez. Steve Buscemi in a Goldilocks wig. Even Lena Headey (who plays Dinklage's sister Cercei in "Game of Thrones") passes through. All of this adds to the eerie otherworldliness of this tale, one that culminates with a Fellini-esque party. "Pete Smalls" has a strange and complicated plot, but it all comes together by the last reel. Thoughtful, smart, and easily misunderstood, this movie is worth viewing if you are willing to scratch below the surface.
½ November 29, 2011
February 10, 2012
what an amazing movie. I love movies about making movies, and this has to be my new favorite one to watch. So many great actors in this, I wish they made more movies like this. Its a shame that I probably won't see a great film like this for awhile. Its nice to find a hidden gem like this one to brighten my existence and get caught up in this wonderful masterpiece of movie magic.