Phantom of the Mall (1989)

Phantom of the Mall

Critic Consensus: No consensus yet.

Phantom of the Mall Videos & Photos

Movie Info

The mayor of Midwood, California, Karen Wilton (Morgan Fairchild), is perplexed to discover that the mall she just ceremonially opened has become the favored hunting ground for a mass-murderer. The heroine of this would-be spoof is a young waitress (Kari Whitman). Could it be that the killer is really her dead boyfriend?

Rating: R
Genre: Horror, Romance, Mystery & Suspense
Directed By: ,
Written By: Frederick R. Ulrich, Scott J. Schneid, Robert P. King, Tony Michelman
On DVD: Apr 1, 2008
Chuck Fries Productions, Inc.

Watch it now

News & Interviews for Phantom of the Mall

Friend Ratings

No Friends? Inconceivable! Log in to see what your friends have to say.

Critic Reviews for Phantom of the Mall

There are no critic reviews yet for Phantom of the Mall. Keep checking Rotten Tomatoes for updates!

Audience Reviews for Phantom of the Mall

This is the kind of movie that will kick you right in the Rob Estes. I say that because it contains far more than a lethal does of Pauly Shore nudity. Bound within the confines of this film are the cast aside script ideas of half a dozen other writers. With their powers combined they form ... THE MOST MEDIOCRE HORROR MOVIE EVER MADE.

So if your brain is still making you read this then you must have a much higher tolerance for Pauly Shore nudity than I do. I've seen this movie twice now. Do you feel sorry for me yet? Well, I guess I should tell you something about it. Do I have to?

Picture Phantom of the Opera. Then make it stupid. Then add Pauly Shore as an ice cream vendor in a mall. WHERE ARE PAULY SHORE'S PANTS? Then add about 10 minutes of worthless fight scenes. Sprinkle in a few explosions and you've got Phantom of the Mall: Eric's revenge. An instant classic right? Nein, meine freunde, nein! I'd be more quick to classify it as an instant ... doorstep. A meaningless thing upon which your dirty feet trod for the rest of eternity. I wish.

What did I learn from this movie?
1. You can get electrocuted just by touching the outside of a wall mounted power panel.
2. Your eye's somehow dislodge themselves from their happy socket homes when introduced to an intense electric shock.
3. People who dwell inside of shopping mall ventilation systems have KICK ASS AV setups.
4. Watch out for snakes in public bathrooms.
5. A camera flash is plenty of time to enter a vehicle and move over one seat. How long is that in milliseconds exactly?
6. Punching TVs hurts like a sonofabitch.
7. Opening a mall is a black tie event.
8. The mayor always goes down with the mall.

Hard to find, it's an out of print edition. Now it's finally resold and cheap! It's as good as I remembered it to be. Eric had supposedly died in the fire lit by the Mall's greedy founder and Eric's girlfriend was spared by being let out Eric's window. Fallen to ground, she has temporary amnesia. At the mall, she is beiong watched by silent and hidden Eric, burnt beyond recognition and anyone who messes with her is met with an unfriendly Eric and killed. I'm not gonna spoil it, see for yourself.

Holly F.

Phantom of the Mall Quotes

There are no approved quotes yet for this movie.

Discussion Forum

Discuss Phantom of the Mall on our Movie forum!