Average Rating: 3.7/10
Reviews Counted: 30
Fresh: 4 | Rotten: 26
No consensus yet.
Average Rating: 3.9/10
Critic Reviews: 7
Fresh: 1 | Rotten: 6
No consensus yet.
Average Rating: 2.7/5
User Ratings: 12,399
Dean Koontz scripted this adaptation of his fantasy novel. The tale begins when two sisters, Lisa (Rose McGowan) and Jenny (Joanna Going) arrive for a ski vacation in the mountain resort town of Snowfield, Colorado, where they discover their landlady is dead and the town is deserted except for a single dead police officer. Lisa and Jenny are soon joined by Sheriff Bryce Hammond (Ben Affleck) and his deputies Stu Wargle (Liev Schreiber) and Steve Shanning (Nicky Katt). The five conclude that the
Jan 23, 1998 Wide
Aug 28, 2001
Watch It Now
Deputy Stu Wargle
Sherriff Bryce Hammo...
Deputy Steve Shannin...
John Scott Clough
Michael De Lorenzo
Latest News on Phantoms
April 10, 2006:Dean Koontz's "Husband" Headed for the Big Screen
Horror author Dean Koontz might know how to spin a spooky yarn, but as far as his books' cinematic...
No Friends? Inconceivable! Log in to see what your friends have to say.
The great thespian Peter O'Toole looks more out of place in this schlock pic than the rest of the cast, even though he's the best thing about this misfire.
A dandy Halloween feature with a good needle-in-the-butt jump every five minutes or so
Affleck, you weren't the bomb in Phantoms, yo. But Rose McGowan is hot.
Quickly degenerates from X-Files to Baywatch Nights once the culprit is ultimately revealed.
O roteiro é absolutamente ridículo e jamais consegue explicar exatamente que coisa é aquela que se transforma nas pessoas. Affleck deveria sentir vergonha de se submeter a isso, e O'Toole tenta manter a dignidade como pode.
Rose McGowan continues her habit of appearing in worthless movies.
...A rather silly concept, drawn out to terribly silly lengths, with so many horror-movie clichés that the good devices are drowned out by the schlock
Some comedies are so funny you forget to laugh; 'Phantoms' is so scary you'll forget to scream. You will, however, do a lot of yawning and perhaps some unintended giggling...
Audience Reviews for Phantoms
Movies Like Phantoms
- General Copperfield: Just what is this thing?
- Timothy Flyte: Chaos, chaos in the flesh.
- Jenny Pailey: It almost got Lisa.
- Lisa Pailey: No, it wanted Deputy Wargle first, it wants men like him most of all.
- Jenny Pailey: What do you mean it wants men like him?
- Lisa Pailey: Well, its the devil don't you think, come up from hell tonight? I think he wants to dance with us.
- Deputy Stu Wargle: Hey, you girls slipped me a micky!
- Timothy Flyte: Show yourself. Gods have nothing to fear. Or, do they?
- General Copperfield: The first thing we'd like to know is what we're dealing with, biological, chemical, or other.
- Sherriff Bryce Hammond: Well, I'm leaning towards other.
Discuss Phantoms on our Movie forum!