Pigs - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Pigs Reviews

½ August 28, 2009
Toni Lawrence stars as a psychotic young woman who kills her father after he rapes her.

This film is pretty bad; many scenes just don't make sense and some of them seem to come out of nowhere. On the plus side, a lot of the dopey characters are fun to watch (especially Zambrini), and the movie has a bizarre, dreamy (and sometimes nightmarish) quality throughout. The scene where Toni Lawrence hears loud pig squeals and then runs screaming through a field for what seems like an eternity is probably the best example of the weird, out-of-nowhere sequences that continuously crop up. Unprofessional filmaking at its best!
½ September 8, 2015
This is one of those it's "so bad that it's kinda good" horror films, another Troma classic I suppose. It kinda reminded me of Manos, but slightly better (at least it has a plot of some sort) Like many of the Troma films, it featured bad acting, weird plot and dumb dialogue. Titular pigs were barely shown on screen as well as the whole set being so dark that you can't see anything Moral of the story: It's cheaper to feed pigs with corpse.
September 8, 2015
I like Troma movies. They may be outlandish, weird and freaky, but that's all in the appeal. They don't aim to be cinematic classics, opting instead to entertain the audience with trashy horror movies. In my opinion, there's nothing wrong with that. Not every movie has to do be ultra-serious oscar bait. It's okay for a movie to use explosions or fake kills or otherworldly plots to entertain the audience. After all, the main reason for films is to entertain.

Pigs, however, isn't entertaining. Unlike some of the better Troma films (such as The Toxic Avenger & Sgt. Kabukiman NYPD), Pigs isn't trashy or glossy fun. Instead, it's dark and broody. The main selling point, the pigs, are barely featured (most of their screen time comes from close-ups). Instead, you get a drab plot about an abused woman , Lynn Hart (Toni Lawrence) snapping and killing men, with her boss, Zambrini (Marc Lawrence) taking advantage of this and feeding the dead corpses to his pigs (who crave on human flesh).

There's no reason to drag this out into a longwinded review. Pigs is boring. There's nothing interesting about it. The plot's bland, the acting's terrible, the directing is horrendous, the editing is dreadful (many times cuts are used twice, which I though was the DVD skipping, but the sound was still intact) and the pigs are nowhere to be seen. Pigs is a boring film, plain and simple.
April 2, 2009
Decent little movie. Zambrini is the best! Everything he hears is answered with a What do you mean ____?! I the best gruff way. He finally hires a waitress who helps him feed his pigs.
If you are lucky you will het one of the later drive in versions of
April 17, 2016
Another fantastic preserved film from Vinegar Syndrome.
½ March 31, 2016
A goofy and bizarre little horror flick. Really don't know what to say except that I kind of loved it for how absurdly dumb it was.
September 8, 2015

½ September 8, 2015
October 27, 2012
A runaway girl from a mental institution finds a job at a small town diner owned by a farmer who feeds his pigs human bodies. She ends up helping him slop the hogs with her own victims. I recognized several actors from guesting on TV's Quincy.
October 19, 2010
April 5, 2010
awesome movie love the creepy song thats all thru the movie
½ August 28, 2009

½ April 5, 2009
This may fall into the so bad it's good category. Some parts of it weren't so bad and had potential. It was hampered by bad acting and the worst editing that I've ever seen. It does create a surreal experience though. I've found some exploitation movies like this can be quite eerie and a low budget actually helps that along.
April 2, 2009
If you are lucky you will het one of the later drive in versions of
½ October 29, 2008
A woman is raped by her father, and starts killing people who remind her of him, and feeding the bodies to flesh eating pigs. Sound nasty? It is. Rather effective exploitation here, that makes you want to have a shower after since the attempts to be arty and the fucked up sound track work to it's advantage.