Pinjar - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Pinjar Reviews

January 17, 2013
The density of pain caused by partition and the human values lost in the meaningless fight of religions, Pinjar hits hearts with a bang.
August 27, 2011
A couple Lion colleagues of mine in India executive produced (or financed?) this flick. Partition and redemption.
July 14, 2011
wonderful story, one of best from indian cinema
November 13, 2009
I want to see this Movie
½ November 6, 2009
I had a hard time watching this because I kept not wanting to see hard scenes that I was sure were coming. In the end, I was very glad that I lasted through the whole movie, though it took me several days.

While this should be considered a romanticized (as opposed to realistic) look at the issue of displaced women at the time of the partition, it is nonetheless an important voice in the telling of that story. When you can combine that with a movie that also works as entertainment, you have done an amazing job as a story teller.
August 28, 2009
excelent movie and urmile did a wonderful job
August 26, 2009
One of my favorite movies !!!!! Great !!!!! Yes, it is based on a novel by Amrita Pritam.
½ August 20, 2009
i actually liked this movie! afascinating storyline dating bck to the partitioning of india and pakistan
½ March 31, 2009
I had probably great expectations about this movie, because I was not impressed with it. The story is interesting, and I appreciate the way the movie portrays the implications of partition in every day lives. I also really liked the music, and the production is, in itself, a great one! What I didn't like much was the excess of characters, it took me several rewinds to distinguish between Lajjo and Rajo (even the names are similar, as were the actresses who portrayed them) The story is really about Paro, not about Ramchand as the movie description indicates, and the acting was a bit too dramatic for my taste. I have seen much better productions; so I am sorry but I won't recommend it.
December 14, 2008
very gud movie but at the sametime very sad too...
December 6, 2008
great film,slightly longdrawn in first half.good performances by urmila matond and manoj bapeyi.find films about the partition very stressful ...
September 8, 2008
Out of the four hand-picked Bollywood movies I've seen, this is my favorite one so far.
½ August 16, 2008
it was gud but da only thing dat suckd of dis movie is dat it was shown dat Muslims were da first 1s to start riots n dat dey were cruel aaaaaaaaaaand dat HINDUS WERE VERY INNOCENT!!!!!!!DAT SUckd booriiiiiiiiiin!!but da relationships were shown beautifully...
August 16, 2008
A good attempt at portraying the scenario of partition, and at portraying the human emotions different people experience and have to deal with. Urmila has done wonders with her emotional and facial expression. This movie itself is worth watching just for her performance, if not for the script.

Overall: Must watch.
½ August 8, 2008
Excellent and touching drama movie related to the partition of Hindustan to India and Pakistan. It?s based on a novel with the same name.
½ January 21, 2008
Human tragedy, history,
January 5, 2008
there have been so many reviews already. All I want to add is that its a MUST SEE..
April 10, 2008
One of the movies having in DVD.
It is one of the best Indian movies i have ever seen.
March 5, 2008
Sorrowful but superb. Beautiful drama!