Pink Cadillac - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Pink Cadillac Reviews

½ December 26, 2010
I have no idea why people hate this movie, it's such a classic. Clint Eastwood gives his most zany performance of his career, being a costume wearing identity changer/bounty hunter. Forget just regular villains, this has a band of Neo-Nazis as the only thing standing in Clint Eastwood's way. In the end though, not even they really stood a chance. This has a great combination of comedy, action and a little bit of romance thrown in. It has so many great moments and is impossible to pass up if you're a fan.
May 13, 2007
October 29, 2006
Clint Eastwood's cool as a master of disguise to nail his target.
½ July 9, 2007
Had to watch it.....wish I hadnt.
½ May 1, 2013
Definitely not one of Eastwood's best but still entertaining but only half as good as most of his great films. Watchable but still ok along with Clint's stories getting wackier and wackier.
½ March 10, 2010
A disappointment, especially considering the cast. It?s a rather aimless comedy, full of cliches and stereotyped characters. There are some good moments, but it surprisingly falls flat. The screenplay is to blame, it's disjointed and therefore doesn't flow well, and the film jumps from one extreme to the other and never really convinces at all. Unimpressive.
½ May 11, 2009
love this movie is has action, sex, romance and comedy in it. I think eastwood was sexy in this film.
March 13, 2007
Skip tracer Tommy Nowak is tracking Lou Ann McGuinn for a bail bondsman in California. Lou Ann is also being chased by her husband Roy McGuinn and his birth right/neo-nazi friends for taking their counterfeit money. Nowak eventually captures Lou Ann in Reno, but agrees to stop at her sisters on the way back to see her baby. There she finds her husband and his whacked out friend. A struggle begins and Roy takes off with her baby. Now it's up to Tommy to get the baby back.
½ February 23, 2007
I don't usually do typical Eastwood movies, but I really liked this one, and I've been looking for a car like the one in the movie ever since.
October 12, 2006
Kind of a good change of a movie for Clint Eastwood who plays a bounty hunter but once again its not one of his better flicks.
½ May 8, 2015
I'm just a delivery boy.

Tommy Nowak is a bounty hunter of sorts that tracks down individuals that skip bail and turn them in for rewards. He is given a case that requires him to bring back a single mom that is standing trial in place of her deadbeat boyfriend and his friends on counterfeit money charges. Tommy may have a soft heart and tries to help her out.

"I don't feel the fear of God is nearly good enough."

Buddy Van Horn, director of Any Which Way you Can and Dead Pool, delivers Pink Cadillac. The storyline for this picture is pretty average and just okay but the characters are interesting. The acting was very good and the cast includes Clint Eastwood, Bernadette Peters, Bill Moseley, Geoffrey Lewis, and William Hickey.

"He's so good he has to die."

Pink Cadillac is a movie I came across on HBOGO and wanted to watch again for the first time in a long time. This was always just okay to me. I enjoy the feel of the film and the characters and the awkward situations they find themselves in. This is a fun movie to watch but nothing special overall.

"Some scenes too intense for younger viewers."

Grade: C
April 18, 2015
One of Eastwood's worst movies and the damn thing wouldn't end.
September 23, 2012
Not a great movie by any means, but it had some funny scenes. It's amusing how Clint's character Tommy Nowak can totally out smart 100s of rednecks with machine guns.
February 26, 2012
B movie, watchable but just barely.
November 9, 2011
I am really starting to think people don't like a certain type of film , or don't like clint if hes not a certain type of way. It doesn't really matter, people would not know something good if it came out of there asses and bit them on the face, this is clint mutherfucking eastwood, show some respect, or i will shove a pink cadillac up your ass, how do you do you people not like such a cool ass film, what the hell is wrong with your lame asses.
½ June 2, 2011
i didn't see ALL of it, but what I saw wasn't up there with Clint Eastwood's best. But, my mom loved it... so I guess it was good 22 years ago, but nowhere near as good as anything that has come out recently.
June 22, 2007
Typical Eastwood formula film, entertaining at best. While worth watching, not the best film ever made, not the worst. Clint was most likely at his zenith shape for this one, not quite so old that he embarresses us by taking off his shirt, but certainly fit enough to be seen. Of course, there is the usual bed scene, the usual lowlife head case scenes. This uncreative producer, Eastwood, just keeps us hating "hippies" and longhairs, even though they have long been gone from their heyday.

It is so sad stereotypes have to be most of a movie, but his film is repleat with them. And the usual cast of actors Clint brings with him are also in this film. Sorry, this is not a great film, only a mediocre one. Watch it, but don't have high hopes for new cinimatic achievments.
½ March 10, 2010
51/100. A disappointment, especially considering the cast. It's a rather aimless comedy, full of cliches and stereotyped characters. There are some good moments, but it surprisingly falls flat. The screenplay is to blame, it's disjointed and therefore doesn't flow well, and the film jumps from one extreme to the other and never really convinces at all. Unimpressive.
½ July 15, 2008
Lou Ann (Peters) gets fed up with her small-time criminal husband (Carhart) after he leaves her holding the bag for a counterfeiting scheme he was involved with--literally, as the bag was full of counterfeit money. She skips bail and takes off with their baby in his vintage pink Cadillac. Unfortunately for Lou Ann, her husband and his partners hid their [i]real[/i] money in the Caddy, and they are soon in pursuit. Luckily for Lou Ann, a softhearted skip-tracer (Eastwood) is also on her trail, and he may prove to be the only hope for survival she has.

"Pink Cadillac" is a mostly unfunny comedy with a script that starts out mildly illogical and haphazard and ends in complete nonsensical chaos. It suffers further from having a hero who is arbitrarily goofy (Why does Clint Eastwood's skip-tracer Tommy Nowack habitually dress up in outlandish costumes to catch his prey? It's not something we ever get an answer to, and I don't think the writers knew either.). He's also badly played, something that can rarely be said about Eastwood.

What's more, leading lady Bernadette Peters is more annoying than endearing--which is what the writers were shooting for--and the romance that developes between her and Eastwood feels without any foundation whatsoever. (Yes.. naturally he helps her retreive her baby from the evil white supremist ex-cons of the Brotherhood--it's that kind of movie--but there's no sensible reason for a romance that results in them running off together to evolve.)

The film also sufffers from a distinct lack of apparent threat to the characters. The Black Widow biker gang from "Any Which Way But Loose" and "Any Which Way You Can" seemed more menacing and competent than the moronic Brotherhood, even if the latter are set up to be more vicious and deadly. (Oh... the Black Widow gang was also [i]funnier[/i] than the members of the Brotherhood.

Frankly, Clyde the Orangutang (also from "Any Which Way But Loose" and "Any Which Way You Can") out-acted everyone who appeared in this film. It's the worst comedy that Eastwood has appeared in, and it may even be the worst movie he's been in, period. It makes "City Heat" look like a work of pure genius.)

I think even die-hard Eastwood and Peters fans can go without seeing this film. You won't miss anything worthwhile and you'll have two hours of your life to spend in a more productive fashion. (For good Eastwood comedies, check out the the "Any Which Way" films mentioned above.)

Pink Cadillac