63% The Maze Runner Sep 19

90% Outlander: Season 1

The Pink Panther Reviews

Apeneck F

January 24, 2013
I resented the very idea of this from the beginning, even the suggestion, and so was pleasantly surprised when some of the nonsense actually garnered a hard earned smile from me. Reno as the second banana: a surprise. And Mortimer? Why didn't they give her more? Martin's behind the scenes too on the script, so this is essentially his baby, and its not as ugly as I thought it was going to be.
TheDudeLebowski65
TheDudeLebowski65

September 21, 2011
The Pink Panther is an awful and unnecessary remake of a classic comedy. Steve Martin is awful Clouseau. The film is terrible with bad acting and a bad attempt at comedy, this film fails at delivering anything clever to the screen. The Pink Panther is yet another remake that fails to hit the mark. I don't know what studio executives were thinking, but this film is a waste of time. Steve Martin is wasted here, and usually he's pretty funny, but not here. In this film, he is painfully annoying. The comedy doesn't work have the time, and the jokes feel lazy and uninspired. Steve Martin should've passed on this role, but he didn't. The Pink Panther is a horrible remake of a great classic. The jokes are childish and unfunny, and the film is forgettable. I hated this film because it offered nothing original and it was just a very bad rehash of the original. This film should've never been made, and this is a poor attempt at creating comedy. The Pink Panther falls flat in terms of bringing good, effective laughs. This is a film that you should avoid at all costs. There is absolutely nothing going on that will appeal to the fans of the original. I disliked this film, and is one of the worst comedy films that I had the misfortune to watch. An awful film with no direction, bad jokes and bad acting. This remake shouldn't have been made.
MANUGINO
MANUGINO

April 16, 2008
The Pink Panther diamond is missing.... And the world's greatest detective is solving the case one mistake at a time.

Saw it again! Very funny movie! Beyonce was very sexy in this film.

When the coach of the France soccer team is killed by a poisoned dart in the stadium in the end of a game, and his expensive and huge ring with the diamond Pink Panther disappears, the ambitious Chief Insp. Dreyfus assigns the worst police inspector Jacques Clouseau to the case. His intention is to give a diversion to the press, while he uses his best men to chase the killer and thief. He assigns Gendarme Gilbert Ponton to work with Closeau and inform each step of the investigation. When Clouseau is nominated with honor to the highest prize in France, Dreyfus decides to humiliate Clouseau and take him out of the case. However Clouseau has already solved the mystery.
DreamExtractor
DreamExtractor

March 1, 2011
Really stupid, Steve Martin can do better than this.
Alexander D

July 19, 2011
Not the best remake, but let's just say I don't plan on seeing the second one.
Sanjay R

June 25, 2011
There is no point to this movie, no moral or story and critics are going to hate it. But it is just funny, funny for people of all ages. Yes their are fart jokes and slapstick but I am not holding any of it against this film. This is one that will make you laugh.
murphmann93
murphmann93

June 24, 2011
I thought it was ok!
3niR
3niR

December 22, 2010
I love Pink Panther's cartoon. I used to watched that when I was young.
Now about this movie, It was pretty hard for me to understand what Steve Martin was saying. What kind of accent was that? There were some funny scenes that was quite enjoyable and I think it would have been more entertaining in the cinema hall rather than watching it at home all alone, sigh. But the movie itself does looked a bit lame... well here and there actually.
Richard C

June 26, 2010
this movie sucked, there was only one funny scene. D
KJ P

January 13, 2010
Not that good, although almost every scene is hard not to laugh at how stupid steve martin makes this unfunny film!
ScoopOnline
ScoopOnline

December 1, 2009
It was not bad for a Remake, I rather stuck on the Original one.
skactopus
skactopus

May 16, 2007
Shawn Levy's The Pink Panther, which is loosely based off of the original 1964 film with the same name, is a more than decent crime comedy.At just under 90 minutes, this picture will blast by because of the quick pace, with the exception of a brief dramatic drag in the second half. As for the story itself, it isn't complex and is extremely easy to follow, especially for an investigative movie. Therefore, this may be a letdown for those that are looking for a nice thinker.The comedy is hit or miss, with most of it coming in as hits. So yes, this film is funny. It isn't necessarily the over the top pranks that provide the laughs, but more the reactions and dialogue that Inspector Clouseau has while in conversations with other characters.Steve Martin puts on quite a performance as Inspector Clouseau. He comes across more funny than he does annoying. Kevin Kline, Jean Reno, and Emily Mortimer put on good performances, while Beyonce Knowles is just along for the ride. Clive Owen finds the time to drop in for a cameo as well.The Pink Panther can get a lot of people laughing and this is why this film isn't a waste of time. "It is lovely weather we are having"
Anthony L

September 28, 2009
Probably the worst film to be shown in cinemas in the last 20 years.
EightThirty .

April 23, 2007
I still think the old one is better.. this one was still cool though but Peter Sellers was more natural.. Steve is just being an Egg ^_^
TomBowler
TomBowler

August 2, 2009
not quite as bad as originally feared, steve martin manages to make it through the film without causing a travesty. emily mortimer is great and beyonce is stunning as usual
Phil H

August 23, 2007
The 'I want to buy an hamburger' scene is the best part in this film, Martin plays that with his trademark lunacy soooo well. The rest isn't too bad, I thought it would be dreadful but its ok, Reno is good in his leotard lol and the story is Panther through and through. Martin actually makes this with his madcap style, originally I thought it was the worst casting ever.
Kyle F.
Kyle F.

July 9, 2009
Well put together, completely re-watchable, full of great jokes, and to top it off a spectacular Steve Martin performance, Pink panther can hang with the best comedies, or at least most fun.
Chris G

February 25, 2009
I'm going to throw out a bold statement. I know Steve Martin may be a funny guy, even though his career has tanked in the last decade. I have a ton of respect for Steve Martin. I like Steve Martin.

But he's no Peter Sellers.

That's the first problem with the Pink Panther remake: Steve Martin is impersonating Seller's Clouseau. And it fails. Again and again and again.

The film is a loose remake of the original film in which a soccer star is murdered and the Pink Panther diamond has been stolen of his person. Chief Inspector Dreyfuss (Kevin Kline) wants to bogart the glory and calls in the incompetent Clouseau to act as a red herring for the media. Of course Clouseau bumbles his way throughout the film, accidentally discovering clue after clue while followng the deceased fiance (Beyonce Knowles).

Basic Panther-like story that fails because of execution. Ever wonder why there hasn't been a good Pink Panther film since Sellers was alive? That question answers itself. Martin tries, but Sellers took two decades to hone his Clouseau. And if your Clouseau is flat, then you might as well pack it up. There were some funny parts but the film is forgettable and doesn't leave much of an impression.
Jose Z

December 20, 2008
Pink Panther is a very funny movie maybe not as funny like the ones Peter Sellers used to make but it still works for me. The story has some interesting twists although a little predictable and it also has very funny moments throughout the movie. The cast is really good, Steve Martin with its peculiar style of humor gives a very hilarious performance, Kevin Kline is also excellent, very funny. Jean Reno with a different role than he use to do and Beyonce looking extremely beautiful and with a decent performance. In conclusion, The Pink Panther is an entertaining and enjoyable movie for people to spend a very good time.
FiLmCrAzY
FiLmCrAzY

September 9, 2007
loved it steve martin plays the part well