—— As Above/So Below Aug 29

77% You're the Worst: Season 1

Pinocchio Reviews

KJ P

May 21, 2010
Fantastical! Wonderful! Amazing! Mesmerizing! These words go above and beyond for this movie, and if I could say anymore, I would call it the best disney film of all time. There are a few films that I like to say I admire more, but I loved everything about "Pinocchio" and all the adventures that he goes on throughout the film. It's all about making your wishes come true by being a good person at heart, and it is one of the most influential films that I have ever seen! I could watch this film over and over again! My only complaint is that is can be a bit dark for children and there is some language and references that nudges at the PG rating, rather than having it's childish G. Overall, "Pinocchio" is a masterpiece of an animate film!
Carlos M

December 28, 2010
Collodi's classic fairy tale adapted to a spellbinding animation full of adventure and tension, notably scarier and more serious in tone than the usual Disney movies. A wonderful story that holds an important moral lesson for children about the dangers of the world.
TheDudeLebowski65
TheDudeLebowski65

April 29, 2012
Pinocchio is a great film, but compared to other Disney classics, I never really re watched this one. I on the other hand really loved the film when I saw it when I was young. This film is a must see for everyone who loves a good animated film. The film, like with every other Disney film has great art, animation and a talented voice cast. Brilliantly drawn, Pinocchio will bring out the child in every viewer and is a must see for anyone who enjoys a touching story. I loved this one growing up, but unlike other Disney classics, I never really re watched this, but I can say without a doubt that this is a near flawless film, another great one for Disney and a definite must see for the entire family. Children will love this film one, and this is a film that adults will enjoy as well. That's the beauty part about Disney films, their ability to capture the imagination of people no matter what age you are. Pinocchio is a stunning film, one that remains a Disney classic along with Snow White, Bambi and others in the company's long standing history. A very enjoyable film, Pinocchio is a memorable film that will appeal to anyone looking for a great animated film. An enjoyable ride from beginning to end, this is among Disney's very best. Brilliantly drawn, and told, Pinocchio is a terrific film that has a great story, one that will appeal to every viewer.
FiLmCrAzY
FiLmCrAzY

September 9, 2007
Not my favourite walt disney movie that was made however it is a classic and like most of walt disneys movie it has got a great moral story and should be watched!
Sophie B

November 13, 2011
Never a fan of this as a child (the donkey part scared me very much) I decided to give this classic Disney film a second look. Wonderful characterisation and something I'd show my kids even today. Has stood the test of time extremely well (70 years!) and offers a good moral thought for kids.
Alexander D

July 16, 2011
Awful
Eric A

August 9, 2011
Love Disney, but was never really the biggest Pinocchio fan. Good movie none the less.
DreamExtractor
DreamExtractor

March 3, 2011
My grandfather showed me this when I was young, and we watched it every day we hung out. Pinnochio is not only the definiotion of hand drawn animation, it is possibly the greatest animated movie ever made. Walt Disneys masterpiece, shame on whoever didn't enjoy this.
FilmFanatik
FilmFanatik

March 25, 2007
I have to be honest and say that I never really liked this movie that much, and I liked the original stories even less. Not to say that this film doesn't carry any artistic merit - it most certainly does - but it just isn't my favorite cup of tea.
michael e.
michael e.

December 28, 2010
Its a twisted and dark Disney movie, that is i think a little to frightening for kids because there were some moments as a kid that made me crap my pants in this movie, mainly Monstro the whale, and the scene with Lampwick turning into a donkey, and the Oscar winner for scariest moment in a Disney film goes to, that bargain that Honest John makes with that Donkey kid owner person when he does a devilish smile that makes you feel like your about to vomit out your esophagus
AJ V

September 5, 2010
My favourite early Disney movie! I love the story, which most people know by now even if they haven't seen the movie. It's old, but I still would recommend kids to see this movie, it has universal themes.
Richard C

July 29, 2010
C+
Movie Monster
Movie Monster

July 24, 2010
Funny, sweet, action-packed, scary, heartwarming, the adjectives for this movie go on and on.

This is one brilliant animated film. One you have to see before you die.

"A boy who won't be good, might just as well be made of wood."
MeetMeinMontauk
MeetMeinMontauk

May 23, 2010
Not my favorite Disney film by a long shot, but still very interesting
Dan S

July 20, 2007
One of the best Disney films made. It's been a while since I've seen it, but the characters are extremely memorable as well as always engaging, and the title character himself is lovable and easy to root for. Although it's fairly dark and the story isn't fun to watch at times, it's rich and highly imaginative nature is entirely enticing.
Conner R

January 11, 2010
I've always considered this one of Disney's best movies. It's just such a great story, beautifully told through the characters. I like that they didn't add pointless characters or musical numbers in order to get more attention. It's got a lot of amazing visuals to match the style of the script.
Luke B

December 17, 2006
A lot of Disney's best work still holds up today. Pinocchio is an episodic but delightfully twisted film. It's basically a fable on how to choose between right from wrong but who cares when it has some scenes worthy of the best horror films. Pleasure Island is a twisted and terrifying place. The donkey's screaming is very disturbing, as is Lampwick's. He may be a jackass but he is still a little boy with a mother. Like many fairytales movies adapted from books it's a bit jumpy, but at least this keeps the pace going.
Anthony L

September 29, 2009
Favourite Disney as a child. Not that it was written by Disney, he just took the credit but unfortunately not enough children (or adults for that matter) realise this.
Jason O

September 8, 2009
Ever since I was a kid, "Pinocchio" has always been one of my favorites. It's the story of a puppet, Pinocchio, who is on a mission to become a real boy. But to do that, he has to stay out of trouble the best he can. The only way he can do it is by the guidance of his conscience, Jiminy Cricket. But staying out of trouble is harder than Pinocchio first thought. .... Will Pinocchio ever become a real boy?
"Pinocchio" has always been one of my favorite animated movies and it always will be. It's a timeless classic to say the least. If you like animated movies and especially if you have any kids, I recommend getting "Pinocchio" while you can. NOTE: That was my Amazon review from the year 2000. Always been one of my absolute favorite Disney films of all time, still is, and I'm sure it always will be.
Jon L

August 21, 2007
I would like to see this one again. It was so long agon, but I remember it being really good.