The Best "Guilty Pleasure" Movies of 2010

Summary

You may not believe in guilty pleasures, but the folks at Cinematical do -- and they've compiled a list of the guiltiest of 2010. Back to Article

Comments

Cory

Cory B

I understand calling The Losers and The A-Team ignored. They certainly were. But what exactly makes them "guilty" pleasures? I haven't seen The Losers, but I can say with a fair amount of certainty that I wouldn't be ashamed to watch The A-Team with a bunch of people. It's the opposite of guilty; it's just plain fun. The Losers looked like a similar kind of film. So what am I missing here?

Dec 27 - 09:00 AM

CFM

'schak Attack

What you are missing:

Movie website articles are just not very good.

Merry Christmas

Dec 28 - 09:14 AM

algreen99

AL Green

What made the A-Team good was it didnt try to be anything else but a fun action movie. I enjoyed it. The Losers was good to. Its actually one of those movies where the chemistry amongst the team/actors works well, at least for me it did.

Dec 27 - 10:21 AM

Merlin235

Merlin Ambrosius

I agree with your 'chemistry' comment. However the movie was packed full of one liners and cliches. I found some of them hard to watch, actually (what's with that one dude contstantly tipping his hat? What, just once isn't enough, we need to constantly see him doing it?).

I would put The Expendables on this list before The Losers.

Dec 27 - 10:24 AM

algreen99

AL Green

Im just saying I enjoyed The Losers and would probably rate it 60 percent. As for one liners, are you saying The Expendables didnt have any?

Dec 27 - 10:38 AM

Merlin235

Merlin Ambrosius

I would put The Expendables on this list before The Losers.

Dec 27 - 10:24 AM

algreen99

AL Green

Dec 27 - 10:38 AM

algreen99

AL Green

Dec 27 - 10:38 AM

manwithoutfear19

Daniel Raimondi

kick ass

Dec 27 - 11:25 AM

John Matrix

John Matrix

I loved Piranha 3D, Jackass 3D and Machete. I don't feel guilty about it either. Repo Men was an interesting concept, it was pretty good for the most part, but the ending totally ruined it. It had the most generic, infuriating, pointless twist ending I've seen in a long time. It had no point, it didn't explain any of the plot, and it was a big slap in the face of the audience. It basically said "Hey look, we just wasted two hours of your life!". MacGruber wasn't nearly as bad as it looked, but it still wasn't very good either. I still want to see OSS 117: Lost in Rio. Sounds hilarious. The Losers and The A-Team were okay. I enjoyed them enough once, but I don't think I'll ever watch them again. Faster was meh. I was really excited to see The Rock back in action movies, and a seventies style revenge movie makes it even better. But he pussed out too much. When he spared people, I just remembered the part in Kill Bill where the bride says "You and I have unfinished business. And not a goddamned thing you've done in the subsequent four years including getting knocked up is going to change that." and realize that Uma Thurman was a bigger badass in that movie than The Rock was in this one. I still want to see Centurion.

Dec 27 - 11:38 AM

John Matrix

John Matrix

Damn, sorry about the length. RT does this whenever I try to break things down int separate paragraphs.

Dec 27 - 11:39 AM

John Matrix

John Matrix

Dec 27 - 11:39 AM

King Crunk

King Crunk

I agree and disagree with this list. Some of these were so bad they were good (Machete, Piranha 3D), while others I just thought were bad (Repo Men, The Losers). Machete should have been number one on this list, though. Was a billion times more hardcore than The Expendables or any other action film released this year.

Dec 27 - 04:55 PM

Johnny Depp's Best Movies

Picture gallery of movie bears

Summer Movies