New Peeks at Spidey 3 and Pirates 3!

It really stinks to have to sit and wait for movies like these ones, but as long as we keep getting a constant string of posters, trailers, set pics and photo galleries, we're happy. Actually we're not, but we'll take what we can get, right?

Click here to enjoy some sketchy promo pics from "Pirates of the Caribbean: At Worlds End," which opens next May.

And then visit IGN Movies to check out some new goods from "Spider-Man 3," which also opens next May.

Actually, "Shrek the Third" ALSO opens in May -- which means we could be looking at a month of brand-new box office records...

Comments

Thre31189

Matt Baer

Wheres the Pirates 3 teaser at...I really dont think they messed up the third one i mean obviously you cant tell by two pictures that dont even really show that much but i have a feeling they are going to pull off an Anti-Matrix. I was a big fan of the second one unlike some. Like someone said you either loved it liked it or hated it and i was one of the ones who loved, but i think even for the people who hated the second the third one is going to bring them back.

Dec 5 - 09:08 AM

Jedi General

Matthew Rozier

I sure hope the third Pirates brings me back. The second one sucked .... so bad.

Dec 5 - 01:35 PM

andrew kruzel

Actually it didn't retard.

Dec 5 - 01:47 PM

Jedi General

Matthew Rozier

I'm not going to argue with you, but I will say that you've really ticked me off just now. You should respect one's opinion, not call them a retard over it. I wouldn't have done the same to you.

Dec 5 - 02:00 PM

lucidslumber

Eric Wiles

[b]the......[/b]
......last thing you wanna do is encourage this guy.Cretins like him (or her) run rampant on these boards,and you have to seperate the wheat from the chaffe,so to speak. On behalf of all the open minded,yet highly opinionated people that post here,I apologize.

Dec 5 - 03:28 PM

andrew kruzel

A cretin would not attack someone else, so i guess that makes you a cretin. Oh and a cretin also does not give reasons why a movie sucked, like the guy i attacked.

Dec 5 - 11:02 PM

Reeven

Jud Widing

That's an air-tight argument you've got there, slugger.

Dec 5 - 04:28 PM

andrew kruzel

Oh because his was a lot better, dumbass.

Dec 5 - 11:05 PM

scottlaufer

scott laufer

[b]opinion[/b]
i have no idea why alot of people think it sucked. ok there were a few sketchy lines in it ex. (in the category of questions not answered..wtf) but all in all it was hella fun. i loved it. and that was probably one of the best ending to a prequel that i have ever seen.

Dec 8 - 10:14 PM

donkeytron

Jesse Krawczyk

[b]Huh?[/b]
How are those Spidey pictures new, exactly? Same shot of Sandman that's been out for months.

Dec 5 - 09:25 AM

Merlin235

Merlin Ambrosius

Yeah, I don't get it either

Dec 5 - 09:36 AM

Ciaranmv

Ciaran Vejby

[b]Crouching Turner, Hidden Sparrow[/b]
Looks kinda like chracters from an Ang Lee historical piece got lost in the Caribbean. They're straying too far from the original story, possibly. We'll just have to wait and see.

Dec 5 - 09:42 AM

new12play

Nathan Wells

[b]Pirates of the Flying Daggers[/b]
Not really sure what the original story is...the entire franchise is an original story based on a ride. I think they pretty much have free reign to take it wherever they want to go.

Dec 5 - 01:11 PM

Jedi General

Matthew Rozier

Dec 5 - 01:35 PM

andrew kruzel

Actually it didn't retard.

Dec 5 - 01:47 PM

Jedi General

Matthew Rozier

Dec 5 - 02:00 PM

lucidslumber

Eric Wiles

[b]the......[/b]

Dec 5 - 03:28 PM

Dec 5 - 11:02 PM

Reeven

Jud Widing

That's an air-tight argument you've got there, slugger.

Dec 5 - 04:28 PM

andrew kruzel

Oh because his was a lot better, dumbass.

Dec 5 - 11:05 PM

scottlaufer

scott laufer

[b]opinion[/b]

Dec 8 - 10:14 PM

andrew kruzel

Actually it didn't retard.

Dec 5 - 01:47 PM

Jedi General

Matthew Rozier

Dec 5 - 02:00 PM

lucidslumber

Eric Wiles

[b]the......[/b]

Dec 5 - 03:28 PM

Dec 5 - 11:02 PM

Reeven

Jud Widing

That's an air-tight argument you've got there, slugger.

Dec 5 - 04:28 PM

andrew kruzel

Oh because his was a lot better, dumbass.

Dec 5 - 11:05 PM

Eric Wiles

[b]the......[/b]

Dec 5 - 03:28 PM

Dec 5 - 11:02 PM

loof

Ryan Taylor

The second movie was good for what it was supposed to be: a entertaining setup for the third movie.

Dec 5 - 03:41 PM

bubbaburnstine

adam burnstine

I can't wait for either movie (I couldn't give a rat's ass less about shrek), but could someone please explain to me why so many people hated the second pirates? I thought that it was just as good as the original and it had a great ending.

Dec 5 - 03:49 PM

Reeven

Jud Widing

That's an air-tight argument you've got there, slugger.

Dec 5 - 04:28 PM

andrew kruzel

Oh because his was a lot better, dumbass.

Dec 5 - 11:05 PM

~*Admiral Snowstorm*~

Dominique Amsterdam

Pirates 1 was fine, Pirates 2 was a horrible, horrible movie, and I haven't got my hopes up for Pirates 3. 10$ says it's just another showcase for Johnny Depp and his pathetic rum jokes and flamboyant saunter. Spiderman 3, though....Looking forward to that.....Though, of course, the pics aren't new....So, false alarm. Ah well.

I don't know what to expect of Shrek 3, but it's safe to say it's not going to be as bad as Pirates 3.

Dec 5 - 06:04 PM

FrankTheTank

Frank Moran

POTC2 was silly and overstuffed. To me, I guess that could be either a good or bad thing. For me it wasn't such an awesome thing. There was just a WHOLE LOT of nothing. There were some good parts here and there, it just didn't pull it together.

Call it a great setup for the 3rd movie all you want, and I'd probably agree, but as an actual installment in the franchise, I thought it was pretty poor.

Dec 5 - 08:19 PM

Dec 5 - 11:02 PM

andrew kruzel

Oh because his was a lot better, dumbass.

Dec 5 - 11:05 PM

TheIceGhost

Harry Myland

Pirates 2 sucked (to me) because A.) It was too long, B.) You could see ALL the plot-twists from a mile away and C.) It tried to give itself a grandeur that it doesn't have. They're trying to make this trilogy some epic jaunt like LotR or Star Wars or somethin' of that nature, and it shouldn't be. The first one was a good, good movie. The 2nd disappointed me to tears. I remember sitting in the theater thinking to myself, "Is this seriously it? Oh c'mon like it isn't obvious who took Davey Jones' heart!!" etc. etc. By the end of saying variants of that for 2 hours I was pretty frustrated with it.

The biggest issue I think they have with these movies (and why they aren't so epic) is because (again, at least for me) I simply don't care about what happens to the characters. Will Turner is flat out boring, Elizabeth just kinda runs around with her head up her bum, I don't even remotely care enough to jot a few notes on the sub-characters and sad to say, as great as the character Jack Sparrow is and as great as Johnny Depp plays him, I really don't care if he dies or not. That's probably the biggest reason why the 2nd wasn't great.

So to recap:
-Too Long
-Easy to see plot-twists
-Tries to make itself bigger than it is
-No emotional ties to characters

...that's pretty much why Pirates 2 sucked (again, to me!), hopefully the 3rd will rectify it..even if they're going to have to hit a home run to really make it work...

..and btw...Can't we all just, get along??

Dec 5 - 11:55 PM

mooveeguy1982

Jeff Wood

[b]what characters do work for you?[/b]
I think that is an awful criticism, I think POTC has some of the best characters of just about any action/adventure/fantasy movie series. I was excited the very first second i saw the original POTC teaser (granted I thought it was another evil dead at first, but even after the title rolled I was excited) and so far both have exceeded expectations... not to mention POTC2 was by FAR the best movie of the summmer in 2006.

As to the too long criticism, you mention LOTR, as if THOSE aren't too long! and yet we all still loved those...

Easy to see plot twists? I for one had no clue Barbossa was back until I heard his footsteps, and I usually see those things coming. In fact, I didn't know it was a 2-part movie, and that was the best thing that could have happened because I was sitting there just trying to figure out how it could possibly end and then BAM! The trailers never explained it was a part 1 of 2 and they definitely didn't give away much, which is so rare these days, you always get trailers that show the best 3 minutes of a movie and then the actual movie is a dissapointment, but POTC2 didn't do that at all.

on trying to make itself bigger than it is, I'll give you that, but that's the nature of any unplanned sequel, and the fact is POTC2 is set up to actually make it work - comparing LOTR and POTC is a flawed comparison as LOTR was ALWAYS a 3-parter, POTC is an attempt to capitalize on the success of one great movie, but that aside it's still the best Pirate Epic of all time and I can't wait for the last one...

ALL of that said, Empire strikes back is and has always been my favorite of the stars wars films, and regrettably POTC2 may be the same - something about cliffhangers just makes them so great on their own that the conclusions almost always fall at least a little short of their predecessors...

Dec 7 - 06:30 PM

TheAnswerMVP2001

Snipes .

Keira's got blonde hair in the 3rd? Interesting... truth be told Pirates 2 was a little too corny and not as good as the first, I hope the 3rd one is more serious and they do a better job on the CGI because the Kragin was so cheesy looking that it screamed CGI, only a few scenes did it even look remotely realistic.

As for Spiderman 3 this is the one I'm looking forward to, it will be interesting to see how Pirates and Spiderman face up against each other. I think enough people were dissapointed with Pirates 2 that Spiderman is a sure win.

Dec 6 - 02:19 AM

~*Admiral Snowstorm*~

Dominique Amsterdam

I agree with TheIceGhost. Thanks for saying what I wanted to say in a more comprehensive way.

Dec 6 - 03:48 AM

WiseGuy

Philip Zamora

When do we get to see a Pirates 3 trailer!

Dec 6 - 05:23 AM

Critics Consensus
Critics Consensus

Transcendence is a Sci-Fi Snooze

Johnny Depp's Best Movies

Picture gallery of movie bears

Good Friday