• Unrated, 1 hr. 36 min.

83% Sons of Anarchy: Season 7

Flight of the Living Dead: Outbreak on a Plane (Plane Dead) Reviews

Phil H

August 31, 2008
Like all the rest of course, looks OK with some good effects but its basically 'Snakes On A Plane' minus snakes and replace with zombies, abit too close really, almost a total rip off haha.

Can't really recommend UNLESS your a HUGE zombie nut and can't get enough of them, other wise chances are you've seen it all before.
WrenchLT
WrenchLT

June 12, 2007
Took a while to get going but once it does around the 40 minute mark it's non-stop fun all the way! Makes good use of its low budget providing decent make-up effects and gore, nothing too disgusting though - not much flesh stripping or intestine munching going on here. Entertaining silly enjoyment.
_kelly .

February 22, 2008
Nevermind that absolutely nothing in the movie is correct in the real world of physics or plane design, and you'll have fun.

I do think you have to be predisposed to z-horror and suspend more than disbelief - common sense as well - to enjoy this flick. That's true for most of the z-movie genre, but especially applicable here. You can also expect not to give a damn about any of the characters. My biggest problem with the movie - and this is one that z-films really shouldn't attempt - is that it breaks its own rules about the zombies. First they can run superfast, then they are pausing and retreating all the time. They tend to attack (in the neck because they haven't the budget to do that many bites) and they take their food back to a safe place, which seems all too convenient as when the zombie breakout does begin, it allows for huge lapses between attacks, or at least larger than would be if these were truly bloodthirsty zombies. Also it seems that a concord flight would not be this empty and I chalk that up to a budget that can't handle all those extras and added extra zombie violence.

All the characters suck except Frank who's got some decent one-liners. It's also very annoying how the characters can instantly produce extra weapons (note the extra handgun) after a sequence where one character just risked himself and the whole plane to retrieve a gun from the infested cargo hold.

Still, this is fun for zombie fans. The makeup is cool and I like the contact lenses. The job done on the Bennett zombie is the most exceptional. Some of the CG is damn annoying, but when they haven't the budget for more than five squibs, I expect that. The bathroom scene actually jumpscared the crap out of me. Zombies flying out of the plane is really damn cool too.

Still, I say avoid this unless you love ultimate cheese and zombie flicks as it won't be even worth the review if you don't dig this subgenre.
cosmo313
cosmo313

June 11, 2008
Extremely silly, campy and ridiculous, but it's also quite a lot of fun, and has loads of humor and violence (some of it fairly inventive) to boot. Great to watch when bored and feel like killing a few brain cells.
Drew S

September 21, 2008
Why is it that all I ever seem to watch anymore is bad horror flicks? To be honest, I'm a little burned out, and saying that really depresses me because there's nothing quite as savory in this world as bad horror. Laughably inept misrepresentation of absolutely awful things happening to people? It's a breeding ground for schadenfreude. But I digress - this doesn't really offer anything new to the sub-genre, although it's actually decently made and has a budget behind it.

Of all the movies out there to copy, though...why Snakes on a Plane? Do these people have any ambition?
Brian D

March 9, 2008
Fun dumb and full of zombies on a plane.
Gore is good acting is a bit ho hum but all in all lot of fun here. I perfered this to snakes on a plane.
Dean !

December 24, 2007
A half decent low budget zombie film. It has a few familiar faces, average story and it's not long before zombies are busy eating just about everyone on the plane. There are far worse low budget horrors out there than this!
Beefy
Beefy

October 7, 2007
Ignoring the stupid second title of the film, with New Line trying to capitalize off the SoaP craze, this was a surprisingly well done and enjoyable zombie romp, with just the right amount of humor and horror.
thefog1331
thefog1331

October 4, 2007
Its biggest faults lie in the fact its called 'Flight of the Living Dead' and it comes on the heels of the goofy 'Snakes On A Plane'. Okay, maybe not heels but who didnt think or say, man this is another 'On A Plane' movie. I was surprised by a decent production value, better-than-average acting and fair amount of blood and violence. It might be trash but it's enjoyable trash.
Luke B

August 25, 2007
So you're on a plane and you end up going through a storm. Pretty bad luck huh? Well then the communications go down. YIKES! That's a bit unsettling. What do you mean a criminal being taken to court has gotten loose? Gee wiz whatever next? Yes it's Snakes on a Plane, with snakes replaced by the living dead. Sound ridiculous and tacky? You're god damn right it is. Plane Dead (I prefer it's other title) has a surprising amount of likeable and witty characters as well as some ingenious moments we demand in zombie films. A couple of these moments include an umbrella through the head, which is then opened and an elderly zombie attempting to "gum" somebody to death. A number of nice shots such as a pull back to reveal an attack through somebodies glasses, and the bullet through the floor shots are nice little touches and show a lot of talent in Mr. Thomas. Despite the small location there are plenty of inventive and enjoyable zombie attacks. The film is let down by it's low budget having to settle with some laughable CGI and a few cases of extremely poor supporting actors. Luckily the main characters inject their roles with enough nudge, nudge, wink, wink to come off with their dignity in tact. A few brilliantly delivered one liners also bring a smile and finish off what is a mostly unexpected guilty joy.
nuheart
nuheart

June 27, 2007
Snakes On a Plane. Without the snakes. Instead, Zombies. Like I'm not gonna dig THIS!

It loses 1/2 a star for the title -- I reckon "Flight of the Living Dead" is much cooler.
puffchunk
puffchunk

June 12, 2007
This zombie movie wouldn't have been any better or worse than any other zombie movie except a chick stabs a zombie with an umbrella through the head, and then opens it.
Sylvester K

January 11, 2014
So campy that I actually enjoyed it a lot, the whole premise is a copycat of Snakes on a Plane with 28 Days Later. The acting was terrible all round, plot was predictable, the little comedies were badly done too. The slow motion sequences were irritating, though I did appreciate the effort put into this low budget horror film.
roseypie
roseypie

June 22, 2009
Surprisingly entertaining. Even if it's a total rip-off of Snakes on a Plane, I found myself enjoying every minute of this B-rated zombie movie.
nickymo89
nickymo89

July 31, 2008
Fairly normal low budget zombie flick taking advantage and having fun with the snakes on a plane idea... with zombies! Makeup wasn't bad and this movie is better than you would think (but still c-movie bad). If you are a zombie fan.....
alanjayh
alanjayh

June 15, 2008
fun zombie movie..taking place on a jetliner..decent acting and some suspense along with ok special effects...doesnt take itself too serioulsly (which is a good thing)
moviefan1725
moviefan1725

March 2, 2008
Not a bad enry into the zombie genre. Of course you have to make exceptions for it being low budget, and direct to video. If nothing else, it's better than Snakes On A Plane
Christopher B

February 8, 2008
So so zombie film that probably would be considered worse if it wasn't that for every mediocre zombie film released there are about 20 unwatchable ones. You may enjoy it at the time but I defy you to remember anything about it a week after.
iLeo
iLeo

January 1, 2008
Hilarious! For some odd reasons, I liked this one! It contained every bit of hilarity that brings forth elements of comedy.

-------------------------------------------
Favorite Scenes:

Truman:All right, we need to find anything that can be used as a weapon.
Megan:Does anyone have anything sharp?
Frank:They consficated my toenail clippers..pearl handle, with matching tweezers...quite lovely.
Truman:Damn, Frank. You should have brought those. You could have saved the day.
Frank:You never know.
Paul:How much ammunition you have left?
Truman:I got five in here and one clip. What about you?
Paul:One full clip, five more.
Truman:Shit.
[Frank opens storage, pulls out electrical cords]
Frank:Hey, maybe we could electrocute the bastards.
Truman & Paul:No, don't do that!
[Frank yanks cords out, sparks fly. Lights go out]
Megan:Aah!
[Dark. Frank lands on the floor, holding his head]
Frank:I guess that could have gone better.
[Frank gets back up on his feet]
Truman:Frank, you stupid shit. Please tell me you're dead.

Very funny!
Mr. C

December 2, 2007
Flight Of The Living Dead, for cheesy low budget movies, is really good.
Takes awhile for the action to start, but once it does its non-stop sterotypical horrorness. Pretty funny too. Where else will you ever see a toothless zombie "shes gumming me to death" LOL.