HELLO?

HELLO Hello hello......
M O.
M O
12-6-2012 11:35 AM

Thread Replies

Please log in to participate in this forum.

hadisyd

Mike Richards

Hi.

Apr 12 - 05:19 PM

Sheri Young

Sheri Young

I'm sorry, while it wasn't perfect by any stretch, I didn't find this to be the overwhelming crap-fest that most everyone is painting this to be. Perhaps it's because if I've spent hard earned $ and time on a movie, I try to find something to like. I enjoyed Butler's performance. It was relaxed and subtle, imho, but then having seen films like Dear Frankie and Coriolanus, I know he's capable of more than he's given credit for. I don't go in expecting failure. Jessica Biel (who still bears the stigma of I Now Pronounce You Chuck and Larry, but is also capable of more) was also good. Little Noah Lomax, who played Lewis, was a revelation. Sure he was adorable, he was also the most natural kid actor I've seen in a long time. Yes, Dennis Quaid was manic, no question. There was probably also an entirely different movie left on the cutting room floor. But the problems with this movie stem from a weak script and uneven (to say the least) direction. It's not fair to paint all of the participants with the same brush. Bottom line, were you entertained? Or did you go in expecting not to be because you were told not to be?

Dec 11 - 06:12 AM

Deborah Ferlicca

Deborah Ferlicca

well spoken..we were entertained..

Dec 17 - 06:10 AM

Roberta Turcone

Roberta Turcone

What is wrong with a good family movie. People go to the movies to be entertained not to come out worse than when they went in. I have seen some critics rave about movies such as The Tree of Life. WHAT!!!! The moveie was good and the actors were good too. The only critic is the one buying the ticket. Lay-Off movies that don't have blood, guts, car chases,and guns. Wake-Up this is life not vampires and wherewolfs.

Dec 9 - 09:46 PM

Christopher Kulik

Christopher Kulik

It's obvious people love misogyny in their movies; they also love statutory rape, as evidenced by the lunkheads who paid to see Adam Scamdler's THAT'S MY BOY.

Dec 10 - 10:37 AM

Deborah Ferlicca

Deborah Ferlicca

Well said...

Dec 17 - 06:08 AM

Mike Smith

Mike Smith

Got 2 1/2 stars on both Laserblast and Gorgo, he ought to be send up in the SOL!!!

Dec 8 - 09:09 PM

Deborah Ferlicca

Deborah Ferlicca

2% is a bit harsh...sure the movie was a bit campy but it was entertaining for my husband as well as myself. If you just want a fun little flick then this one will work. Everything does not have to have speed and violence to be entertaining.

Dec 8 - 12:28 PM

Christopher Kulik

Christopher Kulik

What about the misogyny?

Dec 8 - 04:52 PM

This comment has been removed.

David Tanny

David Tanny

Well, it's the only thread for this movie, and I'm not about to start one.

Dec 8 - 11:12 AM

Robert McDougal

Robert McDougal

What did he think of the Star Wars prequels?

Dec 8 - 10:05 AM

Christopher Kulik

Christopher Kulik

Leonard Fucking Maltin!

Dec 7 - 06:35 PM

Antoine Smith

Antoine Smith

I'd say it's more RT's interpretation of his review that's the issue. Reading his review it really doesn't come off as positive.

Dec 7 - 07:25 PM

Marc G

Marc M

Yeah, his 3-paragraph review comes off as a half-assed "meh" at best. According to RT, his actual scoring is a 2.1/2.....wtf?

Dec 8 - 12:57 AM

David Tanny

David Tanny

The critic chooses if his review is fresh or rotten. Not RT.

Dec 8 - 10:19 AM

Marc G

Marc M

From what I understood, RT seems to aggregate reviews such as a C- translating to "rotten" (which could arguably be interpreted as fresh) or RT interpreting a score for reviewers that don't assign scores or grades in their review, which is very common.

Either way, what the hell is a 2.1/2?

Dec 8 - 04:50 PM

Mike Smith

Mike Smith

He got it also on both Laserblast and Gorgo! Just ask the SOL about it!!!

Dec 8 - 09:10 PM

David Tanny

David Tanny

It's time to burn all those home video guides I have of his.

Dec 7 - 08:37 PM

Zach Thomas

Zach Idiculla

Yeah, lol, exactly

Dec 8 - 10:41 AM

Christopher Kulik

Christopher Kulik

I already did. I thanked him in person for the ZORRO sets he helped produce and participate in. Otherwise, I don't like his opinions on movies anymore.

Dec 8 - 04:54 PM

Francesco F.

Francesco Fortuna

Darn, there always has to be that one. At least Bucky Larson and A Thousand words still have a 0%.

Dec 7 - 09:18 PM

hansolo64

Yodaman Solo

Maybe this thread is meant to put some life into this movie which by the looks of it so far....um...0%, has none to speak of.

Dec 7 - 10:38 AM

Francesco F.

Francesco Fortuna

This made me laugh because it's true. xD

Dec 7 - 02:15 PM

Zach Thomas

Zach Idiculla

Not anymore. haha.

Dec 8 - 10:42 AM

Thom Stone

Thom Stone

you say "goodbye" and i say "hello, hello, hello".
i don't know why you say "goodbye", i say "hello, hello, hello".
i don't know why you say goodbye, i say hello.

Dec 7 - 04:29 AM

David Tanny

David Tanny

I am the Walrus.

Dec 7 - 02:58 PM

This comment has been removed.

hansolo64

Yodaman Solo

?

Dec 7 - 10:36 AM

David Tanny

David Tanny

CAN YOU BE QUITE! I'm trying to do drugs in here!

Dec 6 - 05:15 PM

Zach Thomas

Zach Idiculla

Quiet** C'mon bro.

Dec 8 - 10:42 AM

David Tanny

David Tanny

FUCK

Dec 8 - 11:11 AM

Andrew Targaryen

Andrew Targaryen

Hi