Playing for Keeps Reviews

April 1, 2015
Very cute movie. I loved everything about this
½ March 8, 2015
Really predictable, nothing original, quite by the number, but better than Butler normally is .. Nowhere near as poor as its rating on here would suggest
½ March 2, 2015
A beautiful..... FAILURE!
February 28, 2015
Comedy ? Totally not ! Just love story number 444354654 but other theme bild around it .Beautifull actresses ok , SOMDVD
January 17, 2015
Some very good actors take part in this very average, run of the mill, romantic comedy. Nothing happens here that you cannot predict. There isn't even a twist of any sort. Plain as vanilla ice cream, but made sweeter by the ladies (Biel, Zeta-Jones, Thurman and even Greer). Innocuous.
December 27, 2014
the stars were great although the secondary characters were a bit two dimensional, we really cared about the people and what happened to them, and can't understand this low rating which almost kept us from watching the film.
October 9, 2014
I greatly enjoyed this movie - it was sweet, touching and funny! :) And Gerard Butler is in it which is always a plus! :)
October 5, 2014
this is the worst movie i have seen in years!!!
October 5, 2014
Un futbolista (Gerard Butler) se retira del fútbol y pasa por una mala racha económica, desempleado y buscando trabajo como periodista deportivo, logra hacerse de un espacio como DT de fútbol del equipo de su hijo, en donde sus encantos atraparán a las madres de otros chicos. En medio de una relación deteriorada con su ex mujer, George, el DT, no quiere darla por perdida y lucha para volver a conquistar a su mujer y de paso recuperar su familia. Con la actuación de Dennis Quaid, Catherine Zeta-Jones, Jessica Biel, Uma Thurman
July 16, 2013
The main character's decision making made no sense. "I still love my ex-wife and I'm here for my kid, but when these soccer moms hit on me, I have no choice, but to sleep with them."
September 3, 2014
It's has so many potential that are not come up well..
½ July 31, 2014
Pleasant enough but you feel as though everybody involved could do far, far better than what we are given. Watch out for the avalanche of cliche, though.
December 16, 2012
Another romantic movie with many famous actors.
December 6, 2013
Or playing for good reviews.
May 26, 2014
Overall an OK movie. Nice story line, sometimes too complicated, but yet simple and predictable. Typical out of reality happy "holy wood" ending.
April 19, 2014
the best of the film is the ending song: synthesizers by butch walker and the black widows.
½ November 21, 2013
Not so funny but the cast is brilliant
November 7, 2012
It's easy to say, what's wrong here - everything. How such good actors ended up in this movie, I've no idea. Such cheap stories in movies don't have to be done with any talent at all. And what happened to Muccino? How somebody who made Seven Pounds could have made something like this? These are questions without answers. With that, haven't such story about retired sportsman been used in movies like thousand times, it still.. no, what's funny, you know how they say? The gun on the wall should definitely be used some time later in the story. Here in the plot there are like thousand of such guns - but non of them actually makes a shot.
½ March 15, 2014
Such a huge star cast is just waste.
Stories tell glamour will end some day soon, so wake up.
February 28, 2014
While the cast headed by Gerard Butler, Jessica Biel, Dennis Quaid, Uma Thurman, Catherine Zeta-Jones and Judy Greer is amazing, its idea and script are cute and nice and its pace and flow is good, Playing for Keeps ultimately is a film that wastes its potential thanks to its hokey dialogue and flat character development.