• PG, 1 hr. 24 min.

79% You're the Worst: Season 1

Police Academy 6 - City Under Siege Reviews

Phil H

September 1, 2013
Number six and the plots keep getting simpler each time round. This time its a gang that are on a crime spree and its up to our boys n girls in blue to save the day. Naturally someone is behind this whole operation so be prepared for a truly ball bustin twist...nah not really.

Yet again I am amazed at the continuity of these films and the fact all of the cast are still present and correct...bar Guttenberg who went AWOL after number four. This time round we have all the regular officers plus 'Fackler' makes a welcome return and 'Nick Lassard' is still here replacing 'Mahoney'.

First time ever we actually have a PA film where there aren't any training sequences, this time its all about the main team going up against a trio of super criminals. The criminals are actually quite good too I might add, totally cliched of course but they are meant to be equals for three of the main PA characters. One guy is a huge bald fat biker looking dude, his strength is errr...strength, so he goes up against 'Hightower'. Then we have a slim athletic guy who is good at martial arts and gymnastics, guess who he goes up against. And finally a smooth well dressed ladies man type who is a sharp shooter and dead eye with guns...yep, 'Tackleberry'.

This film relies more on bumbling cops n robbers type of stuff, 'Harris' and 'Proctor' getting set up and constantly missing the chance to make a simple arrest. Not so many pranks, nudity or rudeness, just simple childish Pink Panther buffoonery but more idiotic and predictable if that's possible.

Kenneth Mars tries to liven up the film with his cartoonish Mayor character but it falls flat. You can see they are trying to capture the madness he brought to 'Young Frankenstein' but it just doesn't work, too stupid and not funny. I did like Gerrit Graham as the aptly named 'Ace' (the sharp shooter criminal) and the little showdown between the three criminals and three officers is the best bit in the film really. Bailey does well again as Harris but the few pranks are way too infantile this time.

Over all its not a bad film really, its still better than number four and about on par with number five. I do like the darkly lit, noir-ish visuals they attempt in this one, clearly going for that Bogart-like detective quality in places. The whole thing is actually more akin to a typical pulp comic book adaptation, along the lines of Dick Tracy or 'The Shadow'...albeit a very dumb simplified version. So kudos for that approach, not great by any means but a fair effort bearing in mind this is the sixth film.
AJ V

September 6, 2010
What can you expect from the sixth movie in a comedy action series? Not much, so don't expect much. The story is okay, but the jokes are old.
Luke B

July 7, 2010
One thing you notice about this movie is the abundant reliance on those one note characters. Matt McCoy gives up on being a Guttenberg replacement and is now left as an actual serious cop. He isn't a lot of fun, as everyone around him is quirky or funny.
ScoopOnline
ScoopOnline

January 14, 2010
Police Academy Trilogy is a great Piece of tasty Cake but the I was shocked by the last part "Mission Moscow"
Anthony L

September 28, 2009
Not brilliant.
Lafe F

July 26, 2007
Yo! We've jumped down yet another notch with a Police Academy movie #6. It seems smaller scale and cheaper made. The city seemed changed too. The jokes are spread further apart and the quality of writing seems down. Many of our favorite characters from previous films were missing. But not as bad as the next one in the series.
Dean !

June 10, 2007
A silly entry to the series, which lacks the laughs of previous films.
deano
deano

March 12, 2007
There goes the same worst ones again with dull three veteran Police Academy cops vs three bank robbers scenes.
Jason S

February 26, 2007
Funny but silly.
Dann M

May 18, 2014
Beating a dead horse, Police Academy cranks out a sixth installment of crazy shenanigans with City Under Siege. When the Wilson Heights Gang proves to be more than Capt. Harris can handle the Mayor sends in Commandant Lassard and his team to help. The acting is just terrible, and has gone way beyond slapstick and into outright buffoonery. Every joke has been so overplayed throughout the series by now that there's no fun or joy in anything being done here. Police Academy 6: City Under Siege is a stale and humorless comedy that's DOA.
Steven V

December 25, 2007
There goes the same worst ones again. The jokes are spread further apart and the quality of writing seems down. Many of our favorite characters from previous films were missing.
Joseph E

June 29, 2007
Oh how this must have been the worst of the installments.
rodjeckrich
January 17, 2013
This is the last one that I watched. I used to like this series as a kid but even between the age of 9 and 12 I realized that this one was super weak.
May 20, 2012
Definitely the worst Police Academy movie! Haven't they got tired of playing the same characters with exactly the same jokes over and over again? There was not plot at all and no action scenes. What the heck was the character played by Kenneth Mars? They should have stooped long time ago with these movies.
firstamb
July 9, 2008
Peter Bonerz (must be a stage name) directs this embarrassing sequel, where the kooky cops are trying to stop yet another crime boss.
June 16, 2008
Knowing that this set of movies made it this far confuses me. It has to be because of the cult following that they can still make money from this film. And how they still manage to keep some of the original characters from the very first. Again, some of the same cast, new people and cheesy story line.
manly500usa
March 22, 2007
Those bumbling cadets take to the streets when three inept goons successfully orchestrate a metropolitan crime wave.
Ida K

August 21, 2007
Michael Winslow is my favorite character! I just loved his Jimi Hendrix and Robobocop impersonations.
MovieGuruDude72
May 23, 2007
They stopped being funny after the second one. This was even worse than the Miami Beach movie and it SUCKED.
October 25, 2006
to save the city, the team must band together and break the crime wave before they crack each other up