• PG, 1 hr. 24 min.
  • Warner Home Video

Police Academy 6 - City Under Siege Reviews

Dann M
½ May 18, 2014
Beating a dead horse, Police Academy cranks out a sixth installment of crazy shenanigans with City Under Siege. When the Wilson Heights Gang proves to be more than Capt. Harris can handle the Mayor sends in Commandant Lassard and his team to help. The acting is just terrible, and has gone way beyond slapstick and into outright buffoonery. Every joke has been so overplayed throughout the series by now that there's no fun or joy in anything being done here. Police Academy 6: City Under Siege is a stale and humorless comedy that's DOA.
Scott M January 7, 2014
I found it difficult to keep watching this film. By this entry in the Police Academy series, it was hard to find anything remotely entertaining, or funny about it.
Matthew B January 2, 2014
Police Academy can go fucking die.
Phil H
½ September 1, 2013
Number six and the plots keep getting simpler each time round. This time its a gang that are on a crime spree and its up to our boys n girls in blue to save the day. Naturally someone is behind this whole operation so be prepared for a truly ball bustin twist...nah not really.

Yet again I am amazed at the continuity of these films and the fact all of the cast are still present and correct...bar Guttenberg who went AWOL after number four. This time round we have all the regular officers plus 'Fackler' makes a welcome return and 'Nick Lassard' is still here replacing 'Mahoney'.

First time ever we actually have a PA film where there aren't any training sequences, this time its all about the main team going up against a trio of super criminals. The criminals are actually quite good too I might add, totally cliched of course but they are meant to be equals for three of the main PA characters. One guy is a huge bald fat biker looking dude, his strength is errr...strength, so he goes up against 'Hightower'. Then we have a slim athletic guy who is good at martial arts and gymnastics, guess who he goes up against. And finally a smooth well dressed ladies man type who is a sharp shooter and dead eye with guns...yep, 'Tackleberry'.

This film relies more on bumbling cops n robbers type of stuff, 'Harris' and 'Proctor' getting set up and constantly missing the chance to make a simple arrest. Not so many pranks, nudity or rudeness, just simple childish Pink Panther buffoonery but more idiotic and predictable if that's possible.

Kenneth Mars tries to liven up the film with his cartoonish Mayor character but it falls flat. You can see they are trying to capture the madness he brought to 'Young Frankenstein' but it just doesn't work, too stupid and not funny. I did like Gerrit Graham as the aptly named 'Ace' (the sharp shooter criminal) and the little showdown between the three criminals and three officers is the best bit in the film really. Bailey does well again as Harris but the few pranks are way too infantile this time.

Over all its not a bad film really, its still better than number four and about on par with number five. I do like the darkly lit, noir-ish visuals they attempt in this one, clearly going for that Bogart-like detective quality in places. The whole thing is actually more akin to a typical pulp comic book adaptation, along the lines of Dick Tracy or 'The Shadow'...albeit a very dumb simplified version. So kudos for that approach, not great by any means but a fair effort bearing in mind this is the sixth film.
Duncan K June 12, 2013
Are we done with these yet??????????
Steve G May 23, 2013
Quite interesting rivalries.
Jay B June 5, 2009
One of the more fun sequels... complete with some of our favorite characters back for another round of goofy, dimwitted humor. If the "6" in the title isn't warning enough, don't hold your expectations too high and you will probably have a good laugh or two.
Scott C July 7, 2007
I'm actually embarrassed I've seen this.
muffin0681 muffin0681 June 24, 2012
I own this in a seven movie pack along with:
* Police Academy (1984)
* Police Academy 2: Their First Assignment (1985)
* Police Academy 3: Back In Training (1986)
* Police Academy 4: Citizens On Patrol (1987)
* Police Academy 5: Assignment Miami Beach (1988)
* Police Academy: Mission To Moscow (1994)
rodjeckrich rodjeckrich January 17, 2013
This is the last one that I watched. I used to like this series as a kid but even between the age of 9 and 12 I realized that this one was super weak.
fordmarkII fordmarkII ½ December 30, 2012
More of the same good old signature Police Academy fun.
Alexander C December 7, 2012
Standard film, mediocre, nothing further, worth one watch or two.
Shawn W ½ November 20, 2012
Lassard's team help uncover the man behind a city crime wave. Manages a couple funny moments late such as Jones fighting as a robot and Proctor driving a city bus but this one really struggles to come up with material. I would have recommended another trip back to the Blue Oyster.
Katherine R October 2, 2012
I can not wait to see this movie again.
Patrick M ½ September 12, 2012
too many of these lol
Shane D November 6, 2007
More and more as this series progressed, the bit players were given more and more to do. No Bobcat, no Guttenberg and Winslow barely squeaks a megaphone sound effect. The final 3 sequels really are a chance to enjoy some good Harris & Procter action. Aside from that, there is not much to love.
Karsh D August 8, 2012
as the series goes on the jokes become tired and lame. Time to put it to sleep please nurse
Peter A June 14, 2012
This series just isn't f***ing funny anymore!
Bruno L May 20, 2012
Definitely the worst Police Academy movie! Haven't they got tired of playing the same characters with exactly the same jokes over and over again? There was not plot at all and no action scenes. What the heck was the character played by Kenneth Mars? They should have stooped long time ago with these movies.
Michael Y ½ September 18, 2010