Polish Wedding Reviews

½ September 1, 2013
claire danes hai rotto il cazzo con i tuoi ruoli da white privileged.
June 21, 2013
Friday, June 21, 2013

(1998) Polish Wedding
COMEDY DRAMA

Plot less movie written by Theresa Connelly centering on a Polish family living in Detroit centering on Hala(Claire Danes) who's eventual relationship with a cop, Bolek (Gabriel Byrne) who makes bread for a living but is not satisfying his wife Jadzia played by Leno Olin who's speaking English with a bad Polish accent. they're living with 3 or 4 other older siblings and one brother who is the youngest. The movie is supposed to be a comedy but the thing is that I haven't laughed at a single scene throughout since the laughs doesn't consist of any surprises. Plus because it's called "Polish Wedding" their isn't a single thing mentioned about what this Polish family had done or used to do as Polish people- Polish culture is never shown except for one scene but it was already too little too late and clumsily uninvolving regarding carrying a wreath by the Claire Danes character. And because they're no real grimacing parts, I ended not hating the film but at the same time not liking it either.

2 out of 4 stars
May 3, 2013
It's a bit funny at times, but it doesn't seem to go anywhere.
January 5, 2010
This film was lacking in many ways but I couldn't help but be interested in the day to day lives of this family of Polish immigrants living in Detroit.

The story was lovingly if awkwardly written but the acting from the three main characters: Yadviga (Lena Olin), Bolec (Gabriel Byrne), and Halla (Claire Danes) was brilliant as they always are even if the movies they are in aren't. Bolec (the patriarch) is tired and loving and sometimes generally ignored by his tempestuous wife, the mother proud and unforgiving and having an affair with a wealthy man, and the daughter is sneaking out at night "getting herself into trouble." It's a typical story, but it has heart.

Verdict: if you catch it on cable give it a try. It's alright.
½ August 16, 2010
um ew public bathroom floor?! this had a weird overall feel i didnt finish cuz i didnt like it
July 4, 2006
I didn't like this movie very much. Some parts are funny, not really worth watching.
½ July 19, 2009
i liked this movie, but i'd probably never watch it again
June 24, 2009
i will like to see this movie
½ May 26, 2009
Muy buena!, un humor diferente
May 18, 2007
I thought this movie was VERY VERY Good. Claire Danes looked beautiful in it. Very pretty. I loved how they had so much white in it and at the end the mother was wearing Red. I love symbolism. I wish I knew what the director was thinking. I love big family movies. It makes my growing up life seem normal. Was the wife in the movie the same mother from Charmed? I loved Gabriel Byrne. When is he not good?
½ April 23, 2009
boring, slow, waste of time
May 28, 2008
Cute. Lena Olin and Claire Danes are very good in this.
½ July 11, 2008
Dull, mostly. And Lena Olin freaks me out. I don't know why.
½ August 18, 2008
This is a very odd movie...
½ January 29, 2008
Bitter sweet slice of life that with lesser actors wouldn't be worth seeing but because of the talent, it is.
December 1, 2007
it wasn't as good as I hap hoped it would be, Claire Danes did a good job as always but The movie just wasn't that funny
November 19, 2007
Claire Danes isn't Polish. Neither is Lena "Bad Swedish Accent" Olin or Gabriel "I'm really Irish" Byrne.
September 24, 2007
not bad. besides, a lot of it was filmed in detroit
August 20, 2007
Have seen but I remember little.