Pooh's Grand Adventure: The Search for Christopher Robin - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Pooh's Grand Adventure: The Search for Christopher Robin Reviews

DreamExtractor
½ April 7, 2011
I watched this every day, so sue me, I love Winnie the Pooh
michael e.
December 1, 2010
the name truly says everything about this film "poohs grand adventure"
½ December 2, 2011
I watched this every day, so sue me, I love Winnie the Pooh
½ February 18, 2009
Winnie-the-Pooh is never to childish for me.
½ October 26, 2011
A film of the last few minutes of the first feature film that'd been enlarged into a fun adventure film with the same charm and same lovable characters. (A)

(Full review coming soon)
May 31, 2014
It's cute, but for a better Pooh movie, watch the compilation The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh.
April 15, 2014
I used to watch this film so much as a kid and I didn't see its dark themes before, and now that I do, it's really the best Winnie The Pooh film ever made in my opinion. It has the epic ness, emotion, and charm as any other great film.
½ October 29, 2013
Pooh's Grand Adventure might lack the subtle child psychology that the other films had, but it instead challenges a child's adventurous and imaginative side (something that critics have overlooked).
½ October 23, 2013
It was a very fun, very adventurous and very enjoyable Winnie the Pooh movie. It had great animation, very fun songs, great characters, very exciting adventure, very well done backgrounds, great voice cast and a great storyline. It's one of my favorite Disney direct to video movies I've ever watched. Pooh fans of all ages should enjoy this movie.
Jed
April 17, 2012
Wow, was this DARK! I'm not kidding, this film is actually pretty damn scary. I was always pretty freaked out by it as a kid, and it still chills me to this day. It's also extremely SAD. For these reason, it's not as delightfully amiable as other Pooh films, but as a dark Disney film, it works very well.
½ August 22, 2012
If I could describe this movie using only one word, that word would be: generic. Yep. Rather disappointing for a Winnie the Pooh film.
May 9, 2012
Pooh's Grand Adventure: The Search For Christopher Robin was a film I very much valued as a younger child, as I did with all the Pooh films. So it was a very nostalgic, and wonderful reunion, when I saw the film again, years later. It hasn't held up as well as other Pooh films, but it's a treat to be sure.

Pooh's Grand Adventure is about Pooh, Rabbit, Tigger, Piglet, and Eeyore, and their search for Christopher Robin, whom they believe have gone to "Skull."

I must warn you, the first 15 minutes are considerably better than anything else in the movie. That's not to say the rest is bad, but it's a little under-par for a Pooh film, while the first 15 minutes is arguably, Pooh at his very best. These first 15 minutes balance, humor, emotions, whimsy, and simple, yet elegant imagery. Only Pooh and Christopher Robin appear at first, which adds to the simplicity.

The rest of the film, never tops, or even comes close to these first 15 minutes, but it's still enjoyable.

Pooh's Grand Adventure is much darker than anything Pooh has brought us so far. It's less funny as well. Sure, there's still a lot of gags, most of which will evoke smiles and often laughs, but by comparison, there's much less than in previous (or even future) Pooh outings.

There are songs, all very whimsical. Some are beautiful, others are funny. They all work, and not one should evoke a reach towards the skip button.

There's a lot of emotion here, nearly as much as in The Tigger Movie. Things like fear and being alone come up, and it's surprisingly touching.

The voice cast is wonderful. Voices are captured perfectly. The stand out performances as Christopher Robin, Rabbit, and Tigger are wonderful. Kanga and Roo, one might note, has been completely omitted.

Pooh's Grand Adventure doesn't reach the dramatic heights of Pooh's other endeavors, but this is still whimsical, emotional, and amusing for all.
½ December 28, 2011
A pretty decent story that tackles the theme of believing in yourself. While it is much darker than the usual Winnie the Pooh stories, it is still an enjoyable film with good animation, though the songs could use a little polishing.
August 11, 2011
Well everyone, while i'm still on my Disney quest, for a bunch of reasons, i've decided to put the Marlon Brando quest on hold for a long while, and while continuing, on the Disney one, work on finally seeing a lot of classical films I have yet to see along with a few other films. So let's start with a Winnie the Pooh movie I watched when I was getting ready to see the new film. This film I use to watch at my grandparents' house all the time when i visited them when I was only around between 6-9 years old. So without further ado, Pooh's Grand Adventure:The Search for Christopher Robin.

Plot: After a very happy day of hanging out with Christopher Robin, Pooh wakes up the next day to the first day of autumn. But while he starts to fall into a pile of leaves, he finds a honey pot with a note on it and can't read it. He goes to find Christopher Robin to translate for it only to find out he is gone. He comes to Owl to translate it along with Piglet, Tigger, Rabbit and Eeyore. Owl reads the note and says that it's from Christopher Robin saying that he's gone far away and that he's gone to a dangerous place called Skull. So Owl makes a map and sends him on a quest to find Christopher Robin in Skull and rescue him from the Skullasaurus.

I think this is a very exciting and fun movie. it might've been years since I last saw it until before I saw the new movie, but I still like it. the troubling things is what other people actually thought of it when it was out. people thought it was way to scary for children just because involves scary Skullasaurus growls, falling down the long gorge, and the creepy skull cave that all are way to scary for little children. I do see the logic to at least the cave, but the rest is disagree entirely. I mean, to be fair, it's mostly because I didn't find it scary at all when I was little. primarily because I thought it just Winnie the Pooh. There has been plenty of times where Pooh and his friends once go on an adventure to some place dark and supposedly dangerous. This film may have gotten farther at that concept with Winnie the Pooh, but I don't think it really went that far. I mean the growls weren't much, the cave makes a little bit of sense with it being supposedly scary, but not by much, and they actually had some cartoon humor with falling down the long gorge. *WARNING: THIS IS A SPOILER* I mean what was happening was that everyone was close to falling to the point where rabbit is holding on to Eeyore's tail so that they all don't fall while Eeyore is holding on to a branch with his mouth. but then his tail is being yanked more so the grunts something. Tigger says "what's donkey boy saying?" so Eeyore lets go so he could say "I said ouch." and then he look at the audience with his eyes widened realizing what he just did then everyone falls. that may be more Looney Toon funny but my siblings and I still found that funny. So honestly, I thought it was too WInnie the Pooh like to be scary then just as much as I so now. I mean if I actually wanted to be scared back then, i'd hope for my parents to sorta make us to see Godzilla again. (Yes the one in the late 90s. I know it's bad, but I didn't think that that. I mean come on, I was fricking 7. In fact I want to see it settle the score again the, then scary day that I saw it.)And I even found it funny seeing it again after 12-13 ish years. I"m not saying the movie is perfect for all young children, but i still think that what people thought of this film is still saying much. Plus the adventure was somewhat more interesting on how it challenged the strength and weaknesses of the characters, especially Piglet.

Characters:
Winnie the Pooh: What's to say? he's Pooh. other than that, I do think this was quite the film to show how he's a bear of very little brain concerning how hard he tried to remember what Christopher Robin told him.
Tigger: he's fricken Tigger. But I didn't like that this movie downgraded his bouncing ability. even in his big moment during the end, he was a bit downgraded even though he did reach his goal.
Piglet: I liked how he was starting to become a little brave in this film.
Eeyore: What's to say? he's Eeyore, and Peter Cullen is doing his voice.
Owl: I found him a bit weird after seeing this film. when I started seeing this film, I started wondering why he didn't join everyone else, and his case wasn't helped when he kept saying that he wanted to go. But what does he say when Pooh asks him to join? "oh no thank you, you go on ahead." What the heck?
Rabbit: he's Rabbit. but I didn't really like his song.

Music: eh, it's nothing special. like I said, I didn't like Rabbit's song, every other song was just...nice.

And that is my review for Pooh's Grand Adventure:The Search for Christopher Robin. It may not be the best Pooh has to offer, but I do not think it should've been as rated as it was.
July 31, 2011
Of all the Pooh movies, this is by far my favorite. As a child I grew up with Winnie the Pooh and his 'Grand Adventure' proved to be a quite suspenseful one at that. It totally takes you into its world and has this certain maturity to it that I had never seen in any of the other Pooh adventures. As a child who didn't know how to read by the time I saw this film, I totally believed that Christopher Robin was captured or in danger and this Quixotic adventure is brilliantly put together to keep you unsure.

As Pooh's darkest adventure (though still very kid friendly), it, even when I was younger, proved to be a sort of gateway feature into more mature animated films. For example, after I saw this is when I started watching Miyazaki films, which are considerably more emotionally mature (and in some cases not very kid friendly at all). It sort of gave me courage to also stand up for things I wanted to fight for. There are many lessons to be learned from this - one of them being to learn how to read. Also, the imagination behind this film is that of a child's and as such it's an almost perfect cartoon.

For nostalgia purposes this is the sole Pooh adventure I will watch, the rest, though good, never live up to this one. Even the most recent 2011 Winnie the Pooh movie doesn't live up to this one.
½ October 14, 2010
This film is absolutely amazing! This is one of the best Winnie the Pooh films and is undoubtedly one of the finest direct to video films ever made. A must see!
½ December 21, 2008
The refreshing part of Pooh's Grand Adventure is the creation of various worlds that gives the watcher a distinct impression that for the first time both the characters and the audience has left the boundaries of the Hundred Acre Wood. There are a lot of great lines that are funny on many levels. What is ingenious about the Pooh series is the jokes on many levels aspect. (e.g.; "Good ol' terra-cotta!" vs. "Good ol' terra-firma!" in one episode.) The child watching this movie can be truly charmed by the different settings as well as engrossed in the fearful "s-s-sk-sk-SKULL Mountain!"

A truly wonderful film that will be loved for years by children and parents alike!
June 1, 2008
A perfect tale for young children and their relatives.
Personally I think it should be required viewing for All Polititions and CEO's....there is something about the sweetness and purity of this movie that showes the very best of what our human nature offers us if only we have the courage to do what is right and be open to love.
Still a favorite and I've seen it a hundred times with
my son! It would be easy to draw parallels with actual situations in our world today. It should be studied by a humanities team at Harvard;)
April 10, 2008
One of my childhood favorites.... Actually very thrilling! Delightful and adorable. And I never say that.
June 28, 2007
my favorite cartoon ever. the soundtrack is the best cartoon soundtrack that exists on the earth today. i had all of the songs memorized at one point in time.