Pooh's Heffalump Movie - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Pooh's Heffalump Movie Reviews

Bradley T. Johnson
½ June 20, 2011
Though not the best Pooh film, it is still delightful, and adorable, with good animation and humor. Overall Rating:73
Isaac
½ July 3, 2007
I enjoyed it, considering it was Winnie the Pooh and all, but I think they could have done a lot better.
June 12, 2007
Pure and wholesome fun for kids. a great moral in a clever shell.
January 15, 2016
Actually, I ate my honey...but it made me do it.

Pooh, Tigger, Piglet, Rabbit, and Roo hear a lot of crashing and come out to find huge tracks from a mythical beast called a Heffalump. They begin looking for clues from the tracks, and they don't take Roo's ideas too seriously. Roo investigates on his own and finds a baby Heffalump. They get lost and both miss their mothers.

"If we didn't stick together we'd be very lost indeed."

Frank Nissen, director of Man: The Polluter, Cinderella III: A Twist in Time, and episodes of the television series Mini Adventures of Winnie the Pooh, delivers Pooh's Heffalump Movie. The storyline for this picture is fun and well written. The animation style is classic Winnie the Pooh and the voices fit the characters perfectly.

"It had a little less Pooh in it."

This was recently added to the Netflix queue and I instantly added it to the wish list to watch with my daughter. She loved this movie and watched it attentively from beginning to end. This wasn't my favorite Winnie the Pooh movie, and I wouldn't say it's worth purchasing, but it is worth a viewing.

"The sky is finally falling...always knew it would."

Grade: C+
August 2, 2013
Pooh's Heffalump Movie is an attempt to expand on the Pooh franchise, which, while overly sentimental, more or less works.
September 21, 2014
The title is misleading. This should have been called Roo's Heffalump Movie, as the film is centered around him and his new friend, Lumpy. In any case, I found it only moderately entertaining. This isn't the Pooh of old that we all fell in love with. I found this to be similar in style to Piglet's Big Movie. The Tigger Movie had charm, but Disney seems to have taken a new direction with the franchise since then and dumbed things down solely for really young kids. (First and only viewing - 9/22/2014)
½ July 12, 2011
The zaniest with the same charms and loves like the previous films. It's also cute, especially the new character. (A)

(Full review coming soon)
½ June 10, 2014
There are much better family films out there, but how can you say no to Pooh? It's all just so sweet and entertaining.
March 7, 2013
the newer Winnie the Pooh films tend to be weak but this one is downright flawed. There are a few good lines that got me to giggle for a bit but nowhere near enough for this movie to be dubbed a winner. I would also like to give some special recognition to the kid who played the young heffalump. I think I could listen to that young, British accent all day long. His laugh is INCREDIBLE.

PARENT ADVISORY: Having stated the good, I must say that the overall message of this movie is seriously concerning for parents. The film teaches about not fearing things that you don't understand which is ok to some contexts but the overall message of acceptance is one which I loath and despise. The film has the "can't we all just be friends" attitude. This is dangerous. I don't want to spoil anything but there are at least 2 cases where a child blatantly disregards the orders of a parent.

I would also like to point out that this film wasn't very imaginative. A lot of the animation of environments, props, and so on was blatantly understated and I feel like this film really won't inspire the same level of imagination in children as other installments of this franchise.

The real nail in the coffin is the singing. Please notice that I do not say "music" because the background music was very good for the most part. In recent years, the Winnie the Pooh universe has produced several films that involve many musical numbers. This is a crime against my childhood. Pooh's Grand Adventure was the only movie that actually pulled off the musical numbers and made them exceptionally entertaining. This film just had them in order to shorten the length of the already lacking script.

SUMMARY: This film is weak. Even a die hard fan like myself will not be coming back for a second taste of this one. Indeed, I rather regret the hour which I gave it the first time.

The good news is that there are many other adventures in the Hundred Acre Wood to choose from. Happy exploring!
December 2, 2012
It was a very fun, very cute and entertaining Disney family film. It had great animation, very enjoyable songs, very good voice acting, great characters, very lovely backgrounds, great adventure and a very simple storyline. It's one of the best Pooh movies I've ever seen. My only con of this movie was the running time was too short. It's a great addition to the Winnie the Pooh movie series. I highly recommend this movie to kids and adults alike.
½ May 9, 2012
Pooh has proved itself to be as dependable as Pixar. I've never been disappointed thus far with a Winnie the Pooh film, and they've all provided strong, whimsical, and entertaining adventures. And then came Pooh's Heffalump Movie.

Pooh's Heffalump Movie stars Roo, who decides to hunt and capture a heffalump that's on the loose. Roo does find and capture the heffalump (named Lumpy), but it's not as scary as Pooh and friends think, and Roo becomes fast friends with the creature.

Pooh's Heffalump Movie has unfortunately decided to pander more to younger kids this time around. Most of the gags will only appeal to toddlers, and the whimsy that has surrounded previous Pooh films is almost completely gone.

Pooh and the gang is back, more or less as you remember them, though with a few exceptions. Owl is completely omitted, and while we see Christopher Robin briefly in the credits, we never hear him speak.

I was originally skeptical about the newest addition to the cast, the heffalump named Lumpy. But I didn't mind him. I don't think he brings anything new to the cast, and I'm certainly not sad that he hasn't returned to most of the future outings, but he wasn't annoying (mostly), and he was a little cute.

There are a couple songs, which are dull and instantly forgettable. In addition, there are occasionally songs playing in the background, which didn't hurt the film at all, but it did little to improve it. There's not much to say about the score; it's mostly mediocre.

The animation is certainly a cut above that of Pooh's Grand Adventure, but there's nothing jaw-dropping to see.

I scarcely remember laughing at all during the movie. I'm sure this is superb for younger children, but I was usually bored. If you have kids, they'll probably love this. But if you came expecting the heart, fun, and whimsy of previous Pooh films, you'll be sorely disappointed as I was.
½ July 12, 2010
This film delights more than Piglet's big movie, but isn't up on the same fence as the original 1977 film.
August 6, 2011
POOH'S HEFFALUMP MOVIE is a Hundred Acre Wood journey worth taking...as all of Disney's productions of them are. To be short, and in short HEFFALUMP tells a simple and sweet story which circles the themes of differences and new-found friendship, coupled with the classic Hundred Acre Wood characters we all (except for the very youngest) know and love (even if we may not want to admit it!), and with a refreshing sense of wonder that the blissful 2-D animation of A.A. Milne's world evokes.

There's a fact I heard not too long ago and find to be very true: you can never outgrow Winnie the Pooh...unless Winnie the Pooh outgrows you! (which is very unlikely). In fact, one day you may be introducing Winnie the Pooh to your very youngest! I know I will, because A.A. Milne's stories and Disney's original or adapted productions serve as welcome reminders that the most essential need in our lives is to love and be loved.
June 2, 2008
OMG, I LOVE this movie. It is so cute with Tigger and all his buddies trying to find the Heffulump. AWW, I want to see it agian! Right now!
March 29, 2008
Unbelievingly charming, 'Pooh's Heffalump Movie' is sure to enchant Pooh fans and the young-at-heart alike. This is the most tender, sweet-hearted film I've seen in a long time. It's simply pure, innocent fun, and undeniably cute. Lumpy is an adorable new character, and he and Roo share some very tender scenes that are sure to provoke some tears. A wonderful film, very simple and not overdone. A winner.
½ November 28, 2007
This just won't cut it. If I wanted to see Winnie the Pooh trotting around the Hundred Acre Wood, then I would just watch the show.
½ September 2, 2007
<333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333
½ May 23, 2007
My son adores Winnie the Pooh, therefore I've seen nearly all of the movies. About the only thing this one's good for is setting your drink on while you watch something that doesn't irritate your gag reflex.
April 22, 2007
aah!! im such a dork!! i LOVE this movie!! winnie the pooh is just so adorable!! i cant help but watch him just to aww at his cuteness@!!!!