Porky's II: The Next Day - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Porky's II: The Next Day Reviews

TheDudeLebowski65
March 20, 2013
Sequel to the underrated Porky's is just as much fun as the first one, and continues where the first one left off. The film has goods moments of good comedy, and I really don't understand why these films were so vilified upon release. With so many more vulgar Teen comedy films that have been released since Porky's and its sequels. As far as sequels are concerned, this is a good enough sequel to appeal to fans of the original, and it has enough effective comedic bits to make for a fun film to watch. Although there is room for improvement, Porky's II is a must see for viewers who enjoyed the first film. The sequel builds up on where the original left off, and the jokes are pretty good for what they are. The plot is quite simple and it is entertaining for what it is, and in my opinion it is among the better teen comedies that are quite memorable. If you've seen the original, you may like this one just as well. Although the original is the better film, I have to9 say that this sequel is on par due to a fun story, decent performances, memorable comedy that manages to stand out, and effective directing from Bob Clark. This is a worthwhile comedy to watch and it is entertaining from start to finish. Those who enjoyed these types of films will surely enjoy this film, and it is a worthy sequel; that is just as good as the original, however, the original Porky's is for me, the better one, but it still is pretty close in terms of effective comedy and plot. Porky's II is the rare sequel that can be just as good as the original.
½ April 15, 2007
This doesn't live up to the first at all but still has a few laughs in it.
April 27, 2008
Classic sequel, love these films.
October 13, 2007
I enjoyed this more than the first Porky's. It was fun seeing the kids getting revenge on the KKK group.
deano
January 31, 2007
Porky's sequel was a lousy comedy with the odd sexy moment.
June 30, 2010
Wendy: Do you know how I got my reputation?
Pee Wee: How?
Wendy: In the 8th grade, I didn't know anything. A bunch of guys wanted to get me to go skinny dipping, I didn't want to but I didn't care if they did so I just watched. I thought it was funny, flopping around...the next day I was a slut, the original mattress-back.

Reverend Flavel: [after the Klan has crashed Rev. Flavel's revival, bald, naked and circumcised] Behold the Spawn of Satan! The Bowels of Perdition. Hear what I say! I speak Salvation! I speak Redemption!
Mickey: [instructing Tommy Turner to turn on the tape recorder] Now.
Reverend Flavel: CLEARLY I say this to thee...
Commissioner Hurley: Holy Shit! Look at the dick on that son of a bitch!
Commissioner Couch: Hey, Mayor! That guy's dork's even bigger that yours!
Commissioner Hurley: If you had a dick like that, you could give your secretary a flying@#$%.
Mayor Abernathy: Look at that snatch!
Woman at Rally: Oh My God!
[faints]
Little Girl: Oh, Mother.
Commissioner Couch: Hey, Mayor. Does Reverend Flavel approve of THIS?
Reverend Flavel: [to Mayor] You Scum!
Mayor Abernathy: Approve? Are you kidding? Reverend Flavel GAVE me this one!
[audience starts booing loudly]
December 27, 2007
...nothing but a poor cash-in sequel.
March 3, 2008
i watched this on action the other day and holy shite i had forgotten how funny it was
iLeo
December 25, 2007
Very funny!
½ June 15, 2012
I feel that Porky's 2 lost a lot of its charm from the first one. While it was still funny and had great characters, it was far from the brilliance of part 1.
January 13, 2011
With ‚Porky‚(TM)s‚? being the huge hit it was with the younger crowd a sequel would be inevitable.... a sequel we all knew wasn‚(TM)t going to be near as good. Making a good sequel would be a challenging feat due to the premises of original being paper thin. I mean how long can they drag on a premises of high school guys wanting to get laid without the shtick getting old? Not long that‚(TM)s for damn sure as ‚Porky‚(TM)s II‚? came out disappointing even with expectations already low.

Like the subtitle suggests, this sequel starts the next day after the events of the first film. All of our main cast returns and they are still horny as ever. Instead of having a rival with Porky this time, our teens have to take on a corrupt southern minister that want‚(TM)s to shut down their Shakespeare play for being too vulgar. If that weren‚(TM)t enough they also have to take on the KKK and even a corrupt mayor.

Director Bob Clark desperately tries to throw new interesting themes into the mix but nothing really jelled together. All these interesting villains don‚(TM)t work if the film isn‚(TM)t funny and trust me, there isn‚(TM)t much funny about this sequel. Some sequences try desperately to be as funny or memorable as similar sequences in the original but they all fall flat.

There is really nothing memorable about this movie. Ask people about sequences in the original film and they can rattle them off like a grocery list but ask them about part 2 and all you get is ‚ummm.... is that het one with the KKK.‚? Yea, that‚(TM)s it. The poster artwork tries to make the snake sequence in the toilet the main comedy attraction but it doesn‚(TM)t hold a candle to anything from the original.

‚Porky‚(TM)s II‚? proves again that even the original director can‚(TM)t always save a sequel. Bob Clark seems to be as disappointed with this film as the fans of the original were as he never talks about it in interviews. He tries hard here but it‚(TM)s nothing more than another disappointing and forgettable follow-up. Even so it still made a killing at the box office so ‚Porky‚(TM)s III‚? wasn‚(TM)t too far behind.
September 6, 2010
Review #331 Raunchy Comedy,80's Classic, Sequel

This film may not be as funny as the first, but it is still good. Yes, the first is way funnier, esspecialy for one scene(Noted on my Porky's review) I tend to fully review, or betterly(yes, betterly) review those of the films I really liked, hated, or had alot to say about.

I don't know. it is funny, and alot of the time. Yet sometimes the jokes seem rather predictable.
½ March 9, 2010
movie is return to sequel in 1981 and with the high-school teens back again. bob clark did direct again and i do like this sequel but the first one is the better one. most funniest again with the graveyard did with pee-wee doing same as the first one, and the toliet that ms. balbricker with an snake...that is hilarious scene, & also with wendy did disaster in an fancy restaurant. leg mannequin who did from the "a christmas story" also bob clark did direct. also add with KKK and so god sake with an KKK full fronity naked. character reverand flavel is seen funny and hilarious of white-hair guy. also with character meat is hilarious also. one of the great sequel again.
January 28, 2007
Not nearly as good as 1 and 3 but does have its funny moments. Pee Wee & Steve having the Graveyard Gloria prank backfire on them is the most hilarious scene in the movie.
July 7, 2008
The atrocious sequel to the original flick, parodied many times for the opening scene, but the rest remains forgotten, save for one funny virginity joke. The story involves the boys chasing a KKK group and a senator. Not sure where they were going with that idea. Also there are teens trying to get laid. Again.
½ May 16, 2008
Not as funny as the first movie but those who love satire humor will find this entry funny as well!!!!
½ January 26, 2008
I liked this film, especially in the end with Wendy and fake boobs filled with fake puke--hilarious.
½ August 18, 2007
The fun contiunes as the boys at Angel Beach High School devise enven more creative way to inflitrate the girl's shower room. They must also stop the Reverend Bubba Flabel who wants to shut down the local Shakespeare Festival for being smutty.
August 26, 2007
This time the boys from Angel Beach take a minister who wants to shut down the school's presentation of Shakespeare because they believe the material is obscene. Much of the same type of hijinks, but not as funny, and a bit slow.
½ April 26, 2007
Though Porky's II didn't have Porky in it, it is still funny and has funny moments in it. The gang from Angel Beach High School at at it with more pranks on eachother. They end up dealing with a reverend who wants halt the Shakespeare play cause he thinks Shakespeare is indescent and the gang deal also with the Ku Klux Klan.