Early Best Actor Contenders

Summary

With fall upon us, thoughts have started turning to awards season, and Film.com has kicked things off with a list of early Best Actor contenders. What's your prediction? Back to Article

Comments

Don't Tase Me Bro

Don't Tase Me Bro

Nic Cage for BAD LIEUTENANT. (And his role as Big Daddy in KICK-ASS shouldn't hurt his chances either; a nomination for BL would be a 'thank you' for both films in my book).

It just won't be right to overlook him in BL (even if the article has).

Any takers?

Sep 10 - 07:03 PM

John Matrix

John Matrix

The Bad Lieutenant: Port of Call - New Orleans came out last year. But I'll agree that Cage should have gotten an Oscar nomination.

Sep 10 - 07:39 PM

Don't Tase Me Bro

Yes, but THE HURT LOCKER was released in 2008...and won its Oscar in 2010, so, I say it's fair game.

Sep 11 - 08:45 AM

greg_dean_schmitz

Greg Dean Schmitz

The Oscars are based on USA release dates. The Hurt Locker was released in the USA on June 26, 2009 and Bad Lieutenant: Port of Call New Orleans was released on November 20, 2009. The 2008 date for The Hurt Locker that you're referring to is the premiere at the Venice International Film Festival. That doesn't count.

Sep 11 - 03:24 PM

Don't Tase Me Bro

I did not know that Greg; thanks for clearing that up!

Sep 11 - 11:52 PM

John Matrix

John Matrix

Sep 10 - 07:39 PM

Sep 11 - 08:45 AM

greg_dean_schmitz

Greg Dean Schmitz

Sep 11 - 03:24 PM

Don't Tase Me Bro

I did not know that Greg; thanks for clearing that up!

Sep 11 - 11:52 PM

JohnnyJonJon

Jonathan Groen

I'm looking forward to seeing how Jesse Eisenberg does this year. Hopefully he'll be good enough to slide in on the nominations. I agree with the article that DiCaprio was better in Shutter Island. I'll be pretty surprised if he gets nominated for Inception.

Sep 10 - 08:34 PM

King Crunk

King Crunk

I don't think DiCaprio is going to get a nomination for Inception. Hope he does, but don't think he will.

Surprised James Franco is not being thrown around for 127 Hours.

Sep 10 - 10:16 PM

BLaCKWoLF

BLaCKWoLF .

If Tilda Swinton can get the Oscar for Michael Clayton, then DiCaprio should surely be nominated for Inception, let alone Shutter Island.

Who knows anyways, most Oscar wins tend to be incomprehensible and due to hollywood political correctness and/ or politics

Sep 11 - 05:39 AM

King Crunk

King Crunk

Agreed.

Sep 11 - 04:30 PM

dodgerblue

Bruce Wayne

There is no way Leo is ever getting nominated for either of those films.

Sep 12 - 04:41 PM

BLaCKWoLF

BLaCKWoLF .

I know, nothing more than wishful thinking. Leo getting a nom is definitely unlikely but I can dream, cant I ?

Sep 13 - 04:18 AM

BLaCKWoLF

BLaCKWoLF .

Sep 11 - 05:39 AM

King Crunk

King Crunk

Agreed.

Sep 11 - 04:30 PM

dodgerblue

Bruce Wayne

There is no way Leo is ever getting nominated for either of those films.

Sep 12 - 04:41 PM

BLaCKWoLF

BLaCKWoLF .

Sep 13 - 04:18 AM

sunsaz

Chris Moore

If those 5 are the actual nominees (HUGE if since I still believe Inception's going to get the shaft), Duval would win in a cakewalk.

Sep 11 - 07:55 AM

Sep 11 - 08:45 AM

greg_dean_schmitz

Greg Dean Schmitz

Sep 11 - 03:24 PM

Don't Tase Me Bro

I did not know that Greg; thanks for clearing that up!

Sep 11 - 11:52 PM

Matt L.

Matt Lubisich

whether or not Leo gets nominated for Inception is not a big deal. either way, the academy is going to stick it to Nolan. it's their tradition dating back to Memento.

Sep 11 - 10:00 AM

Cosplay Gallery
Cosplay Gallery

See over 250 Comic-Con Costumes!

Critics Consensus