19% Transcendence Apr 18

—— Unforgettable: Season 3

Prey for Rock & Roll Reviews

Red L

September 3, 2007
Movie about a rock band. This movie shows us themes about life goals, drugs, rape, friendship, etc. But I only found it so so.
Marcus W

June 21, 2011
And this is why I don't like "indies". Are the people who write them incapable of happy endings? Or even a positive ending? I'd settle for a hopeful ending. But no. And it's a shame, because a film like this, that details an endless struggle, NEEDS an upbeat ending.
Anastasia B

November 4, 2010
This is supposed to be some dyke must-see, however, the only thing it's got going for it, is exactly that. The women look super-sexy on stage (Gina Gherson, Drea De Matteo and Lori Petty are not only fit but believably bad-ass) yet the film itself is poorely scripted and awfully lit, and if it didn't have Hedwig's Steven Trask taking care of the music, I think it would have sucked big time. If you want to spend some time feasting your eyes on the leads, then this movie is for you. If, however, you expect something deeper, you will have to feel content with the "I heart Music that's why I am still 40 and play it" over-riding theme, which may in itself not be so bad, yet it hardly gives us any additional insight into life as such.
iLeo
iLeo

December 7, 2007
This movie is one of her best!
December 23, 2011
I get the impression this movie was written by a jaded wannabe rock star much like the one depicted in the film. There's so much negativity and so many pretentious, depressed characters that there's no possible way I could enjoy it. The only character I found remotely realistic or likeable was Animal, and he was not enough to save the rest of it. Waste of time.
January 20, 2008
A decent flick about the crappy side of rock and roll. The story isn't great, but the performances are good. And Gina Gershon pretty much kicks ass.
October 23, 2008
Took me awhile to see this movie, was so glad i did. Really great rock chick movie. This is Gina Gershon's best movie. Well acted and written. If i was a lesbian I'd probably have wet myself during one of the sex scenes. Actually its a great story of women who find their strength in rock music, how it helped them heal from their past emotional traumas.
Ida K

January 5, 2008
The only thing I liked about this movie was that I was able to translate the French t-shirt that said "Je suis libre ce soir"
diamondd17
June 22, 2006
Best movie ever....they play their own song. I mean common Lori Petty, Gina Gershon and Drea DeMatteo
September 3, 2012
Un filme descafeinado con romances forzados, musica intrascendente, personajes encasillados... y de entre la bruma surge la figura eterea de Gina Gershon, ya madurita, pero energizada y muy sexosa. No me gusta hablar de lugares comunes, pero por ejemplo, I Wanna Be Your Dog de Iggy Pop ha fungido como soundtrack en al menos 13 ocasiones desde 1986, casi en el mismo contexto.
moviebuff18cab
May 18, 2006
PREY FOR ROCK & ROLL (2003)
MonkeyKnifeFight
December 27, 2005
meh. nothing great, but not really bad. it was so-so. I felt entertained the whole way through.
Oak
March 15, 2004
I rented Prey for Rock and Roll this weekend. What a fantastic movie. First of all, Gina Gershon is an awesome actress and a great singer. She actually sings all the songs in the movie and does a really, really good job.

The movie is a look at the dark underbelly of the rock world. What happens when you reach for the stars and come up short? Jacki (Gershon) is the lead singer, turning 40 (and looking as well as you can at any age, really) and thinking about giving up the dream. Can she be a 60 year-old rocker? Her bandmates range from the druggy to the shy, and there are some tragedies in this movie that stem from decisions that impact one another.

Gina Gershon is the star of this movie...she is just phenomenal. The entire cast is portrayed as real people with real flaws as well as good qualities, and it's really a great movie to watch.