The Prince of Egypt - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Prince of Egypt Reviews

½ November 22, 2015
This movie has a great potential but firstly, it didn't interested and didn't touch me, and secondly-it's one of the most boring and long-drawn animated movies that I've ever seen.
½ November 7, 2015
This animated version of the biblical story of Moses was animated with passion. The story was much more believable compared to the classic Moses movie, The Ten Commandments. It has a solid character focus, which I truly admire. There were scenes when I found myself in awe of how atmospheric they were. The computer-generated scenes with 360 shots were done very well. It's amazing how they were able to pull that tricky shot off. This is one of those under-rated movies that had left a great impression.
½ September 13, 2015
Esta pelicula es muy buena. La animacion es muy buena, la musica esta muy bien hecha, ya que en cada escena la musica es perfecta. Tambien hay canciones ya que, obvio, es un musical.
Las canciones son muy buenas. No aburren, son bastante epicas de hecho. Las canciones las recomiendo en ingles. Es mas epico. Es super entretenida. La recomiendo.
½ August 14, 2015
Pretty epic for an animation
August 7, 2015
"There can be miracles, you can achieved."

Prince of Egypt is, whether you're a believer or not, visually captured and fueled by an excellence voice cast to bring the old biblical story of Moses to life! Job well done!
½ November 16, 2011
The Prince of Egypt has absolutely fantastic animation that is so stylized and realistic, the beginning is so powerful and the ending is just spectacular, the dialogue is superb and the soundtrack is terrific with When You Believe being one of the best ever non-Disney songs. It is very rushed and should have been longer plus the supporting characters are forgettable, but the main two are so well developed with Rameses being the standout as he was portrayed in a grounded approach and never vilified. It is not only one of the most mature films from Dreamworks Animation, but also one of their best and most shamefully underrated.
August 17, 2012
With engrossing animation and a superb voice cast, The Prince of Egypt is a great interpretation of the story in the Bible as a musical!
½ June 26, 2014
Probably the best animated piece about a story from the bible, DreamWorks goes back to animation roots with this beautifully craters 2D animated film. The visuals are completely stunning, but that's just the half of it. The voice acting us top notch and the narrative is concise and engaging. prince of Egypt remains one of DreamWorks forgotten hidden gems.
½ July 20, 2015
An early project for DreamWorks Studios, and in many places it really shows. The pacing is far too leisurely, the songs pop up sporadically, aren't all that memorable, and most of the time they aren't physically sung by the characters, and the whole thing is somewhat anticlimactic. It lacks the epic conflict the story promises, and during the action scenes the awkwardness and inconsistence of the animation is highly noticeable. One of the greatest stories ever told really isn't done justice in this particular adaptation. However, I feel that it does have 3 things going for it. The first is the visuals, many of which are simply stunning, particularly the backgrounds and landscapes, all of which are massive and intricately detailed. The second is the musical score, which is beautifully orchestrated, and adds real emotional weight to some of the pivotal segments. But the absolute best is the scene featuring the Burning Bush. This is one of the finest, most powerful scenes I've ever witnessed in an animated film. The combination of beautiful visuals and evocative music create a brief but utterly memorable moment that the film never exceeds or even rivals. There's a few other positives, but none of them are significant enough to save the film. It's too slow for children hoping for action, and too shallow for adults hoping for depth.
½ July 7, 2015
Phenomenal movie and soundtrack.
½ June 27, 2015
A first rate biblical adaptation, with a strong voice cast, and a superb musical score.
½ June 23, 2015
So I guess this is what the animated version of Exodus: Gods and Kings basically is. Not really into the whole religious aspect on this as it all seems a bit hokey to me. It's decent, could have done without the musical numbers though. Also Ramses in this reminded me of Sagat of Street Fighter minus the eyepatch hah
½ June 8, 2015
An incredibly well made animated film. Music is top-notch.
May 17, 2015
An animated masterpiece that could easily rival even the most classic biblical epics, like "The Ten Commandments."
May 21, 2015
Great adaptation of the Exodus story. However, I hate these songs with a passion (the first one is decent). Both the scene of Moses discovering what happened to his people and the burning bush scene are some of Dreamwork's best work.
½ May 11, 2015
Timeless, breathtaking and wonderfully written, The Prince of Egypt is and auditory and visual masterpiece.
½ April 5, 2015
From DreamWorks comes the animated biblical epic The Prince of Egypt. The film follows the story of Moses; from his struggle to accept the truth of his Hebrew heritage to his confrontation with his adopted brother Rameses when God commands him to lead His people out of bondage. Starring Val Kilmer, Ralph Fiennes, Michelle Pfeiffer, Sandra Bullock, Jeff Goldblum, Steve Martin, and Martin Short, the cast is quite impressive and delivers some very good performances. Additionally, the animation is especially well-done, featuring a crisp, rigid design style that is textured with rich coloring. The musical numbers however, are rather weak and aren't that memorable. Yet, Hans Zimmer's powerful and sweeping score more than makes up for this. A visionary and inspirational film, The Prince of Egypt is an extraordinary first outing for DreamWorks into the realm of traditional animation.
½ April 5, 2015
the music and artwork are stunning in this, the voice acting is great, but if I had one wish, it would be for more explanation to God's doings. I understand the story, but to one not familiar with the story, the reasoning comes off as horrifying. Still, excellent dramatic production.
April 5, 2015
Another childhood favorite of mine, The Prince of Egypt not only is one of the stronger biblical movies out there, but is one of DreamWorks's best films. The vibrant animation coupled with the strong cast, as well as good character development for its brief 90 minute run-time tend to offset the admittedly forgettable music numbers and my desire to see the director's vision of the Plagues. Verdict: A-
March 31, 2015
Changes from the Biblical text aside and accepted, this film successfully utilises a strong voice cast and skilful animation both traditional and generated to produce not only an entertaining film but a one filled with surprising depth. The songs may not match those of Disney's highest works, yet they have still lingered in my consciousness days after seeing it.