The Princess Diaries 2 - Royal Engagement Reviews

FiLmCrAzY
September 4, 2007
Again i still very much enjoy these movies, i think this second one is maybe more funny than the first, still very enjoyable and light hearted.
Its a great teen comedy to keep you amused.
3niR
May 16, 2011
No, this was way too cheesy. Anne Hathaway's carelessness was way too much. But I did liked the romantic moments which was the only part I enjoyed.
DreamExtractor
April 16, 2011
It was not even nere the first. The first was original and funny, this was not. This film was pure torture to watch, what a horrible film.
murphmann93
July 6, 2008
As funny as the first film.
movieguru12
January 27, 2008
This is one of my favorite movies, and I adore Anne Hathaway not just in these movies but in the other ones she's been in. Also Chris Pine is adorable, and loved that his and Anne Hathaway's character's got together. Just a fantastic movie!!! This is my favorite of the two :)
½ August 10, 2010
While this sort've loses the grand scale of the first Princess Diaries, it's got a lot better romantic side and works harder on the characters. Chris Pine is the big addition to the cast, making for Mia's unlikely knight in shining armor. Him and Anne Hathaway have such great chemistry together that you really do dive into their love story. On top of that, you get to see Mia becoming the queen that she was always destined to be. Julie Andrews also puts in another great performance as Queen Clarisse, I think it might even be an improvement over her first. This is one of the most harmless, but extremely good coming of age movies for girls, but can also be enjoyed by everyone else.
erika250
March 19, 2010
Anne Hathaway did a good job in this film.
July 28, 2007
As usual, the sequel is worse than the original
½ May 30, 2007
Not quite as good as the first but it was good.
½ July 25, 2006
i really like this i wish i had a castle and all that stuff to explore around but just not to have to get married too quickly
½ November 10, 2006
Cute.
ajaymuthecooldevils
June 2, 2006
A lovely performance from Hathaway... She's be a great queen someday
December 2, 2011
December 24, 2008
This movie covers a lot of emotional issues, patriotism, love, growing up, coming of age, and new beginnings. The most wonderful thing about this movie as well as it's predecessor is Garry Marshall's style. He has an absolute flare for giving us an emotional, nostalgic journey but not only for Princess Diaries but he manages to throw in clever and wonderful little references to The Sound of Music, Mary Poppins and many more. The flaws to Royal Engagement is the forced rehashes. Many of the jokes, and familiar characters from the original feel very forced and added in. Hector Elizondo is wonderful as Joe, who adores and protects both Mia Thermopolis and Queen Clarisse Renaldi with his heart and soul. The return of some of the other characters again feels a little forced but it's nice to see them again even if they don't fit in the story completely. One of the charms of The Princess Diaries 2 - Royal Engagement is seeing the fictional world that we only heard about in the first one.
ascordeiro108
December 2, 2010
better than the first
xxdebxx
March 16, 2010
In the Princess Diaries 2: Royal Engagement, Mia turns 21, and is preparing to take over her grandmother's position as queen of Genovia. When she arrives, she is surprised to find out that unless she gets married within the next 30 days, she is not fit to be queen. There is also a conspiracy against her carried on by a member of parliament (John Rhys-Davies) who wants his obnoxious nephew (Chris Pine) to become the future king of Genovia. Together with the Queen, Mia finds the perfect candidate for her arranged marriage, he's handsome and diplomatic and honest but there is no spark. To complicate matters, Mia ends up falling for the nephew. Will She or he abdicate for love in the end ...or will she oblige to a 'duty' marriage in order to save the throne??

The first one was really good. It was pretty funny, witty, entertaining, and put a smile on my face but although this one had its moments, it offers nothing new.
June 7, 2007
Not as good as the clever first one.
August 4, 2010
It was really cute and I kind of enjoyed it. How can anyone blame me? I'm a fifteen-year-old teenage girl! I bet 99% of my age group who are girls would also enjoy it. If someone doesn't, then something's wrong with her. But, let's all face the truth. It will never go from being cute to beautiful. It's just cute, and funny. It's a usual fairytale-"ish" love story. Just add a crown and the kingdom of Genovia. There's nothing really special. And by the way, I didn't praise the first installment either.
mingsysar
August 12, 2006
Chris Pine is unfeasibly attractive, exuding charisma, suave magnetism and sex appeal, effortlessly engaging, rakishly arrogant and yet still lovable. Bodes well as Kirk in Star Trek. Otherwise this sequel has none of the charm, wit and surprising appeal of the original. Anne Hathaway looks like she's been forced into it and everyone else is coasting. A sorry excuse for a sequel.
½ August 10, 2007
Kinda nice but it really bothered me that all of a sudden Mia is a big klutz and not the lovable goof we liked in the first movie.