Private Lives - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Private Lives Reviews

½ February 26, 2010
79/100. This is a delightful movie and very entertaining. Norma Shearer and Robert Montgomery deliver outstanding performances. I am a big fan of Norma Shearer and this is among her best. Witty dialogue, fine direction, the usual impeccably good MGM production.
November 26, 2009
Easily my favorite comedy from the 30's. I love Noel Coward and this play/film is one of his best imho. Gotta love Norma Shearer and her tantrums ! LOL
½ November 18, 2015
Private Lives showcases the comedic skills of Shearer and Montgomery as well as their onscreen chemistry. I can see how some might not enjoy this film that revolves around pretty horrible people, but I love Noel Coward and fast paced comedies. It is definitely a product of its time, but for me that's the charm.
January 22, 2014
another pre-code love triangle pic
September 27, 2010
I really liked the performances by Narma Shearer and Robert Montgomery, father of Elizabeth Montgomery...
May 21, 2010
very good version of coward play-amazing cast.
½ February 26, 2010