Movies Like Problem Child

—— Witches of East End: Season 2

Problem Child Reviews

Hamee
March 5, 2014
Evil child? Check. Shenanigans and pranks? Check. Ridiculous story? Check. Still this movie was hilarious when I was a kid.
muffin0681
August 23, 2013
Ben (John Ritter) and Flo Healy (Amy Yasbeck) want a young child of their own, but Flo is incapable of having a child herself. Enter Junior (Michael Oliver), a little monster who has been to foster parents' homes since he was a baby and always made himself get thrown out so one day he goes to the orphanage and causes trouble for the poor nuns (although some of them deserved it). So Ben and Flo go to adopt a child and the administrator, Peabody, cons them into taking Junior off their hands. Junior goes home with the Healys to a nice house which includes a bedroom full of clowns! Ben takes an immediate love to his son, no matter what the horrible things he does, even though he injured his grandfather (Jack Warden), a bigoted politician, really turned a birthday party into a "blast", sicks a bear onto campers on a camping trip, and even goes on a joyride with convicted killer Martin Beck (Michael Richards)!

also stars Peter Jurasik, Charlotte Akin and Anna Marie Alfred.

directed by Dennis Dugan.
November 15, 2011
I grew up with this film, I remember wanting to be just like Junior. Still funny to this day, gotta love John Ritter.
November 16, 2013
Ridiculous critics of RT might have rated this childhood classic low, but that doesnt diminish the joy this movie gives me everytime i watch it!
October 1, 2013
A movie I so fondly remember from the past, if this movie had come out today I would probably rate this way lower. Still watching this now I can't help but laugh at the silly shenanigans that take place.
May 31, 2013
Saw it in theaters. Can't pretend to remember much but my impression.
August 28, 2013
The most pro-choice movie I have ever seen.
August 27, 2013
A fun family film but no more. Some of the various antics are enjoyable to watch and Jack Warden gets a few of the better comedy lines in the script.
August 7, 2013
I enjoyed this film as a kid and bizarrely enough still like despite it cruelty towards orphans, cheap laughs, and cynicism in child abuse. Sigh over the late John Ritter, and Michael Richards... well at least his career.
July 7, 2013
Pretty good, but the ending is seriously effed up.
May 30, 2013
It's sad. Many people have missed the mark of understanding what this movie is truly about-Being a kid, and using your imagination.
December 16, 2010
Problem Child is a problem within itself, it can be funny, but it'll wear out the same gag till you've had enough. It's watchable, but it's a real mess of a film.
April 18, 2013
Abusively entertaining...
March 16, 2013
Sort of enjoyable, but I can't believe a kid takes advantage of adults.
March 30, 2013
THIS MOVIE IS COMEDY
June 13, 2007
not too bad the kids voice was SO annoying
February 16, 2013
Problem Child is horribly acted, has lame jokes, and features one of the worst child actors in history.
February 2, 2013
Dennis Dugans "Problem Child" is a cinematic masterpiece. The mise-en-scene in this groundbreaking hit is nothing but masterful and in good taste. Comedy punchline after punchline had me in joyful tears, but the underlining drama had me in sorrowful cries. A movie in lustful proportions I was crying and begging for the jokes to stop, and at the end, I was crying and begging for more. 5 stars.
rodjeckrich
January 9, 2013
Sure Problem Child is weak but it is somewhat classic in how it is weak
January 5, 2013
I loved this movie as a child, and now I get the adult humor. Nostalgic for me!