Critic Review - Movie Dearest

Starts out intriguingly as an exploration of faith and humankind's origins. To my disappointment, though, it largely abandons this once the familiar face-huggers and chest-bursters start to appear.

June 13, 2012 Full Review Source: Movie Dearest | Comments (21)
Movie Dearest

Comments

Michael Souza

Michael Souza

HEy douche it was a prequal to the alien franchise

Jun 13 - 10:57 PM

Jordan Covarrubias

Jordan Covarrubias

Did we watch the same movie?
There were no face-huggers in the movie at least none that I would be "familiar" with. Also not much chest bursting either unless *spoilerish* we are talking about extra scenes after the movie...

Jun 14 - 06:09 AM

David Rayome

David Rayome

Yeah sorry homie, no face huggers in this one. What you fail to mention is they still kept the feel of alien with the "chest bursters" (psst, they came out of the stomach in this one) and how the alien race came to be. Did you even watch the movie or just listen to what your friend (who didn't see the movie either) said?

Jun 14 - 03:46 PM

Josh Colangelo

Josh Colangelo

chest bursting and facehuggers? ahh i dont think you saw the same movie as we did lol? and it's suppose to be somewhat of a prequel of the alien movies so it was expected.. to tie into the alien universe. the movie did its job and was awesome!

Jun 14 - 08:40 PM

Rocio Sixto

Rocio Sixto

this guy gets it. this movie was nothing but Scott repeating his old tricks and lacking any motive or purpose. and no, you don't get a pass because it's a prequel, sorry. overall, this was 2 hours of junk with some pretty excellent CGI.

Jun 14 - 09:10 PM

Tyler Ingram

Tyler Ingram

So writing a story that's completely revolved around life in the universe is repeating an old trick? I'm sorry which movie was that from? Go watch Madagascar 3 if you can't handle a thought provoking movie that doesn't spell it out for you in the end. It's an aliens movie, of course there's aliens in it or is that a concept you didn't understand when you went to see it?

Jun 15 - 10:52 AM

VERYNICEWEIRDO

ERIC POWELL

Lol i agree they should go watch a cartoon!

Jun 16 - 04:18 PM

Kemp Kennedy

Kemp Kennedy

If this movie is our idea of 'thought provoking' I question if you have watched truly mind boggling sci-fi. This was a dolt of a movie with pretty visuals.

Jun 19 - 09:54 PM

Phil Taylor

Phil Taylor

What part of Prometheus was thought provoking? The script was an ad-hoc mixture of religion and science and it didn't delve into these issues deeply nor cover any new ground.

Jun 20 - 10:26 AM

David Pistono

David Pistono

sorry you didn't understand it, it really was a fantastic movie for anyone with an iota of intelligence.

maybe you should go see "Indiana Jones: The Kingdom of the Crystal Skull" it may suit your liking more

Jun 18 - 08:16 PM

Kemp Kennedy

Kemp Kennedy

Or maybe you should understand this movie had boring characters that did unrealistic things. It started to boil down to a 'jump out at you' horror film and all this 'questions of the universe' nonsense are just that. Come on people... I love sci-fi, this was just aweful... minus the beautiful visuals.

Jun 19 - 09:57 PM

Phil Taylor

Phil Taylor

I suspect the script writers didn't understand it either. :)))

Jun 20 - 10:28 AM

Phil Taylor

Phil Taylor

I liked Indiana Jones (Raiders of the Lost Ark) - a much better movie. Even founf the Crystal Skull more watchable than Prometheus.

Jun 20 - 10:31 AM

David Nikolov

David Nikolov

Actually, in this film don't appear that familiar face-huggers or chest-bursters.

Jun 16 - 01:33 AM

Aaron Smith

Aaron Smith

Huh? The entire film follows the exploration of human origins, right up and through the end. This movie was brilliant.

Jun 17 - 07:22 AM

David Pistono

David Pistono

so sorry you couldn't appreciate it..
heres a great time killer that should suit your intelligence level

Jun 18 - 08:18 PM

Sarah Tubbs

Sarah Tubbs

I agree with you!

Jun 18 - 08:35 PM

Melissa Walter

Melissa Walter

Wow. After reading most of these comments I'm wondering if any of YOU watched the same movie. I expected some gore and scares but what I expected even more was a well laid out plot. There was so much potential for this plot to have some depth and instead it hung out in the low end. Not very smart if you don't tell the story well.

Jun 22 - 06:56 PM

Hernando Suanico

Hernando Suanico

This movie was BRILLIANTLY crappy... It's dialogue was terrible at best, the actors seemingly lost their motivation halfway through the film, If all your stomach muscles get severed, you don't go running anywhere, you can't SIT UP, Anestetic or NO... Plus we all saw she just got Staples in there, period... Just, really stupid... I wished everyone died so I could know for sure there would be NO Sequel... But whatever, I'm not paying to see it again, and I won't be watching it again... ever... and if there is a sequel, I'll be sure to be in line for Madagascar 4 instead...

Jun 28 - 06:22 PM

Kristijan Krka?

Kristijan Krka?

I disagree with some parts of this review. But let us say it openly. Namely, it is true that Prometheus is a remake of Alien in different time in Aline universe. It seem to be a kind of monument by Scott to himself. Unfortunately, he is not much of an artist. One has to have a great script which Alien had (no matter if it was stolen), much better actors, an independent artistic solution (Giger), not to mention other element like music (which completely derivative in Prometheus). Film lacks almost all sci-fi/horror elements, or they are as half-breeds completely misplaced. In short, if one mixes all her private idiosyncratic dreams, as Scott did, it does not have to end up good at all. Awful waste of space. And time. And money. Perhaps some day, Alien 5, a kind of anti-Prometheus. I am watching "Cow on the Moon" for two days in order to remember what the true space-horror must made of and to keep myself calm.

Jul 3 - 12:09 AM

Mike Jones

Mike Jones

all that stuff with the face-huggers happens at the end?? so the last 2-3 minutes brought major disappointment?? strange, I thought everyone knew it was connected to Alien!!!

Jul 16 - 12:43 AM