94% Dawn Of The Planet Of The Apes Jul 11

43% Young & Hungry: Season 1

Prometheus Reviews

benskywalker101
April 20, 2013
Prometheus offers a good blend of horror and mystery, as well as an excellent performance from Michael Fassbender as the cyborg 'David,' but has a familiar narrative and several plot holes.
July 7, 2014
Better late than never. I missed the theatre run for this movie two years ago,and having now caught up to it,am only sorry it took me this long. Solid cast,writing,cinematography and effects. Noomi Rapace now has a 4 movie streak of playing a character named Elizabeth very well.
ElmosLively
July 6, 2014
While I appreciate this films fantastic look and some very effective performances I just didn't get it.
June 4, 2012
Visually amazing, but a bit too yuck for me since I'm not big on horror flicks.
AndrewScaife
July 16, 2012
Fabulous movie.
It's supposed to be a prequel to the Alien movies, but as there is no real link between them then this stands alone very well on its own.
Great Horror/SciFi - strong on the Horror in places!
Fassbender is brilliant as the Android 'David'.
CoolCatPat7
July 2, 2014
Although people complain that it doesn't answer their questions, Prometheus is still entertaining and creepy.
July 2, 2014
There was severe lack of context and the end really felt like they run out of budget before they could shoot the grand finale and left it dangling unfinished.
Buggy43
June 27, 2014
dazzling sci-fi epic the crew of a spaceship[ embark on a voyage to a distant planet in hopes of discovering the origins of the human race, but instead the unleash a horrifying menace that could s[ell mankind's extinction
June 30, 2014
This is one of my favorite movies wish they had made a follow up
June 28, 2014
This movie was very thought provoking it was literally awesome. The story line was fantastic and I was very disappointed that the movie ended on a cliff hanger it would be great if there was a sequel.
June 25, 2012
This movie is visually beautiful and just eye dropping when it comes to the special effects. However, if you don't really pay attention to the plot and more waiting for the action, this movie isn't for you. However, if you do end up finishing the story with a good understanding, you'll come across the opinion that it's either a spin off or prequel of Aliens. But in the end it's your perspective. Other than that, I'm definitely looking forward to a sequel. 8.3/10 I would watch it again.
June 28, 2014
the visuals were great, had some great acting especially from Noomi Rapace, but somehow this movie turned into a zombie flick and failed to make a strong connection to Alien
June 27, 2014
Very well made and a great performance from Micheal Fassbender, but too many dumb character moments and plot holes.
June 6, 2012
One of the biggest disappointments of the year. The first half builds up the tension well, only for the second half to ruin it by throwing too many plot twists in quick succession before any of the previous ones can be resolved.

The more I think about it, the more I realise how little sense the film makes. Defendants will argue that earlier drafts of the script explain the plot holes, but you cannot argue in defence of a movie by what does not appear on screen. Who would sign up to a two year mission into outer space without knowing what the objective is? Why would a 'top' scientist willingly take his helmet off on an alien planet? Why would another top scientist provoke an alien creature that is clearly threatening? Why did David expose the crew to the virus in the first place? The film's visuals are its only arguable positive point; from a script and editing point of view, it's nothing short of a train wreck.
March 26, 2012
A team of explorers believe that they have unraveled the origins of human beings but end up discovering a dark secret that becomes a battle for survival in a prequal to Ridley Scott's 'Alien'. Amazing story, special effects, edge of your seat terror and diverse cast make 'Promethius' a well rounded, excellent movie.
June 25, 2014
Ridley Scott comes back to the "Alien" universe on a rather high mark.
June 25, 2014
Sometimes it seems like when real good directors get older, and a larger budget, they take what works.. and turn it into c**p. It seems like a rushed script, with way too many plotholes and a bad casting for well, to be honest, very uninteresting characters. Then again some people might say a movie needs a plothole the size of the largest object in the film.. in this case the largest object is a planet.... Sure it was a very pretty filmed movie, but it definitely does not have anything near the feeling of the original Alien franchise. Such a shame they didn't spent more time on the script. Might have had my hopes set too high though, due to their rather clever pr.
June 24, 2014
I think that this prequel is truly brilliant. It has a nice, intriguing storyline with interesting characters and as a prequel to Alien, it serves it right! Although it raises more questions, than it answers them, I'd say that this movie deserves a sequel! I'd be more than happy to see a sequel of this in cinemas soon. The CGI is quite amazing, actually. And the ending scene is stunning! May not be a masterpiece, but it sure is a brilliant movie!
June 21, 2014
This movie was good. Good acting, cool story line and all, but it didn't make sense. I mean an new alien coming out of another. Come on now it doesn't make sense at all.