Promise - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Promise Reviews

May 22, 2016
gr8 performances from all 3 leads r the fuel that make this mental illness go (Woods won a peabody & golden globe 4 his performance) which show that like Oscar if u wanna win play crazy or a hooker-bam your a shoe in!
½ June 10, 2012
This is better than the other made for TV movie about schizophrenia that I watched, Strange Voices (1987), but it's not spectacular. I do love the actors in this, although the main character is such a douche bag it's hard to care about him when he is put into this situation with a brother he hadn't seen much in the past years of his life. James Woods is great as usual and I always love Piper Laurie so they were great parts of this movie. It was a worthy watch, especially since my sister is in the hospital with what certainly looks like schizophrenia and I have a feeling I could be in a similar situation later on in life as the main character here, all I know is I'm not going to runaway from my family like the main character did here.
May 22, 2016
½ June 10, 2012
November 28, 2009
Saw this movie (back in 1986?). It was awesome! Great movie about love for your family. I'd love to see it again. (I'm thinking it was one of those Hallmark movies on TV)