70% The Equalizer Sep 26

87% The Strain: Season 1
—— Witches of East End: Season 2

Pryde of the X-Men Reviews

May 18, 2014
That's right folks, it is X-Men Week and what better way to start this week off than to review the infamous pilot that never became a show. The title is a pun on the character Kitty Pryde, the youngest X-Man in the group. One of the big reasons why this show never came to be is because after this pilot was delivered, Marvel Comics started having financial issues during the 80's due to poor comic book sales. Soon after this was canned, Marvel started selling the media rights to their characters so other production companies would buy them up and make their own comic book cartoon shows. Which is why you will never see any Spider-Man, X-Men, & Fantastic Four characters mingling in any Avengers movie for another 30-40 years. So today I am just going start off light and deliver a quick review on this diamond in the rough.

The show carries a really well quick exposition into who and what mutants are in the first 6 minutes and does not waste any time on the action. Most of the voice acting in here is okay, for your generic eighties cartoon show, however I was not to fond of the White Queen's witch-like accent and Wolverine's Australian accent. Which is ironic because it wasn't until another decade later that another Australian actor played Wolverine again in the first movie which stuck for fourteen years. There are also a couple of characters that seem to be out of place like White Queen as a member of the Brother of Mutants and Lockheed somehow being on Asteroid M with no real explanation, but I would have to assume that it would have if the show got picked up. At times this episode can be a little rushed with Kitty Pryde going through everything in just a matter of one day. Overall, it's your fun little eighties cartoon episode in all of its cheesy glory. Though this pilot did end up bittersweet, it did however come back in one of the most awesome video games to ever be conceived.
Vincent T

November 10, 2010
The animation is actually very good. But aside from that there isn't much here.
July 6, 2011
I do not.. Want to see it that is.