Psycho Beach Party Reviews

jamers2011
½ February 2, 2011
The only reason I watched this is because it is Amy Adams' second film. I didn't expect much, but it was more enjoyable than I thought. This film is nothing special, but it has a level of sillyness and appeal that will keep you entertained. The acting is not great, but the humor and crude remarks are enough to keep the interest. Not a film I'd recommend to everyone, but if you love Amy Adams as I do, it's worth a watch. She has a small role, but she's so great and funny.
½ August 8, 2010
"There is so much ugliness in the world. Can't there be anyone who is utterly perfect?"

What an odd combination of a slasher, dance numbers, surfing, cross-dressing, split-personalities, a murder mystery, and campy humor.

I only chose to see Psycho Beach Party because of the presence of a young Amy Adams, who I will watch absolutely any movie for. Without her, I wouldn't have had much of a reason to finish this. I love campy, cult movies, but Psycho Beach Party didn't particularly amuse me. It wasn't bad, but this movie is really only worth seeing if you're a fan of the cast (which includes Lauren Ambrose, Thomas Gibson, and Kathleen Robertson), and for the cheesy, awesome ending. Watch the trailer, it should give you an excellent idea of whether this is for you.
RCCLBC
May 7, 2008
An amusing little homage to 50's/60's beach party/surfing & horror b-movies.

Lauren Ambrose is great (as usual) and the rest of the cast seems to be having a lot of fun with all of the silliness and sexual undertones.

Nothing ground breaking, but it was enjoyable.
December 27, 2006
Laugh-out-loud hilarious...
December 1, 2007
Weird...
½ July 20, 2007
Technically primitive but still enjoyable.
½ August 30, 2007
At least the soundtrack was good.
iLeo
April 12, 2007
Crazy funny!
½ August 13, 2006
Am I missing something here?
December 14, 2013
Stylized wackiness plays homage to both the slasher genre as well as the corny beach movies of the '50s, with a dash of the film noir femme fatale thrown in for good measure - this one definitely holds up well on the repeat viewing and is a helluva lot of fun.

Recommended.
½ April 13, 2012
February 2, 2009
One of the greatest spoof movies that I have ever seen. No horribly bad acting or popular movie spoofs to be found here and that is great news. I have watched this time and time again and it never gets old.
½ May 20, 2008
Very amusing. A little too much at times. And I never want to see Thomas Gibson like that again. But Lauren Ambrose was great.
½ July 9, 2007
This spoofed so many different genres, it was a riot! A body double for Charles Busch? No thank you.
July 7, 2007
Nicolas Brendon (Xander from tv's Buffy the Vampire Slayer) was hilarious in this campy little slasher
May 22, 2007
dude I was in the play like right before the movie cam out and I loved the movie even thought Berdine has a bigger part in the play.
January 30, 2007
what were ppl thinkin 2 ee this? its not serious! its do much fun ppl will ove it u love these movies cuz their so bad. 4 stars!
January 27, 2007
I absolutly loved this movie! It was kinda of cheesy, but in that chessy way where it makes the movie good and different. This movie was just crazy!
May 20, 2006
FANFUCKINGTASTIC. The funniest movie I've seen in a long time. You'll either love it or hate it, either way, you're bound to laugh your ass off.
January 22, 2007
Campy cheesy goodness! This is one of quirkiest casts ever assembled. Goes down down like a bowl of spiked punch and makes you feel just as goofy.