—— The Identical Sep 05

77% You're the Worst: Season 1

The Purifiers Reviews

FoolForVanity
June 11, 2008
I only wanted to see this because Dominic Monoghan, plays Charlie in lost, was in it.. It is so funny. It's a british kung-fu movie. HAHA. It was so bad, it was good. The acting was good, they just took themselves so seriously it was cheesy.
May 15, 2007
OK...I love Dominic Monaghan - I fell in love with him as an actor in the Lord of the Rings Trilogy and on the TV show LOST. And now he died on Lost! UGH! don't get me weeping....but He is truly the only really good actor on this movie! He reacts, he does his lines really great...but he has no one to play off of. And you can tell he doesn't know much about martial arts like the other actors. And you can tell that most of these people were hired because of their martial arts expertise. And I don't want to put down Indie films if this is one. I am a big supporter of them. And I know its hard for low budget stuff....but come on. There were a few scenes that were good. But most were like "LOL!!!"... This movie must have been really low budget. I felt like I was watching a cheap 80's flick from like "USA UP ALL NIGHT" but without the bimbo's! Its all about Martial Arts. And its TOTAL sci-fi....It has a good story...but it just needed to be done better. Slow motion fighting?? And the guy being killed by the ice skaters?? WHAT??? LAME!!! And the director/producer/whoever must have been nuts about martial arts. That is all this movie is about and its choreographed and staged really good for martial arts. I mean you could teach your kids if you knew martial arts cause of all the slow motion and fights. I truly am or must be a dirty fighter. I found that out from watching this movie. Someone grabs my arm - I am wiggling and punching all over the place. Not stopping, making a face, and then trying some back flip kick...Oh, no guns - that was a plus. And only one weapon....a knife...wait - hockey sticks and numb chucks! OH.... I did like the girl that the head guy Joe was in love with - the cop girl. She was actually good. And beautiful. I would need to look at their pictures to see what their names are. I am sorry it would have been a better movie with a bigger budget. Something needed to be changed. What the HECK is Dom doing this movie for after Lord of the Rings?? Or LOST?? He is way too good for this. Maybe he knew the director or someone in it or something?? He is SOOO talented. This was just not a good movie. PERIOD.
cajunpalomino
May 13, 2007
This movie lost my interest in the first 25 minutes..... Poor storyline. Trying to mimic the classic movie "Warriors".
RockyWilliams
September 23, 2006
It's a bit likeThe Warriors, with martial arts.. The fight sequences aren't exactly top notch, but the movie itself is pretty decent.
moviebuff18cab
August 19, 2006
THE PURIFIERS (2004)
renodc
July 13, 2006
If I could, I would give this a minus 10. Pure utter stinking garbage!!!!!