Queen Sized

Queen Sized Reviews

iLeo
iLeo

August 23, 2008
Here is a fascinating movie that reflects and details upon one of the biggest issue and plight amongst young women. The overall hardships in wanting to belong, and being accepted for one's self, one's true being. Beautiful story plot. Good cast. Nikki Blonsky is phenomenal. Brilliant take on my all-time favorite musical artist Duncan Sheik's 'On a High'. Absolutely adore this movie. Definitely worthy.
muveeKween
December 26, 2013
This was okay. Nothing great about this movie. And I hated the way they show her only running for food when she is miserable. Not all fat people eat when they are miserable. It was okay..I thought it was going to be better. It was nice to see the chubby girl having a good friend by her side.
Hamee
April 1, 2012
It was an interesting choice to edit this movie's cover photo and slim down Blonsky's picture. I think that is very representative of this entire movie. There is way too much time spent on calling this girl fat and not enough on any other topic in this movie. No part of this movie feels authentic.
February 6, 2010
A good coming a age movie. Anyone who went through high school not in the "IN," crowd would like this. It could have been done a little better because all fat girls do not grow up with low self-esteem or low parental support. But I can say some do beat themselves up more then others. It was an OK movie.
July 13, 2009
Don't ask. I was made to watch it.

It's a bit overly dramatic with her whole "I eat to make myself feel better" crap. Obviously overdone to get across an even more obvious point. Very typical. There is a secret love thing going on, that isn't even fulfilled which leaves a gaping plot hole. Which defeats the point of having an atypical girl being cared for and treated as normal by a guy, or for that matter creating a different kind of love story. And that pissed me off.
hopsonme
July 8, 2009
Nikki nailed it really. My friends are so worried about what other people think about them , they just need to be themselves and everything will take care of itself.
November 11, 2008
This is a very heart-warming movie. I can relate to Nikki's character a lot and I think it is great that she won! It helped me with my self-confidence issues that I have.
August 21, 2008
I actually really enjoyed this movie and since it was a lifetime movie of course it had a stong messages like love yourself for who you are and remember who your true friends are, etc.. but it was a fun movie and I liked Nikki Blonsky in it who I think is a pretty good actress so far.
setsuna182
August 3, 2008
this movie has a great message, that fat people are bitches and selfish... nah im just kidding but seriously dont back stab your friends for helping you out and dont make fun of people cause maybe in the end they just might kick your ass in prom queen lol
StaisilD
June 22, 2008
An overweight high school senior, who has always seen herself as not worthy because of her size, has had to bear the brunt of being socially bullied because of her size. One of the popular girls decides that it would be funny to nominate her for homecoming queen. At first she is horrified that they have found yet another way to torment her, but instead of doing as expected, she decides to stay in the race and run for the crown. With the help of her few friends, she is able to gather enough signatures to stay on the ballot legitimately. She then runs a campaign to be the representative of the less than cool and not popular. She starts to get noticed and when she wins, it goes a little bit to her head. She has to stop and take note of herself and figure out whom she truly is and what she was fighting for. Queen Sized is inspired by a true story and stars Nikki Blonsky (Hairspray), as Maggie Baker, and Annie Potts (Men in Trees, Designing Women), in a duel role, as her mother and also the manifestation of her inner self doubts.
MichelleasaurusRex
March 17, 2008
Nice movie. I liked it. I hated her pushing her friend. Pretty cruel how they made the float fall down. Besides that it was good movie, and its great that she won.
February 15, 2014
The movie seems really good
Miranda K.
March 6, 2010
Your supposed to feel sympathy for Maggie. I just wanted to hit her over her head repeatedly. The storyline is good but the acting is overdone.