Quest For Camelot (1998)
Average Rating: 5.3/10
Reviews Counted: 22
Fresh: 8 | Rotten: 14
No consensus yet.
Average Rating: 5.8/10
Critic Reviews: 7
Fresh: 2 | Rotten: 5
No consensus yet.
Average Rating: 3.1/5
User Ratings: 26,579
For this feature-length foray into Arthurian animation, screenwriters Kirk DeMicco (A Day in November), William Schifrin (Townies), Jacqueline Feather (Dancing in the Dark), and David Seidler (Tucker, Dancing in the Dark) adapted The King's Damosel (1976) by British novelist Vera Chapman. The 85-minute tale follows independent, strong-willed Kayley (Jessalyn Gilsig voice, with the singing of Andrea Corr), who hopes to follow the path of her late father, Sir Lionel (Gabriel Byrne), a brave Knight
May 15, 1998 Wide
Oct 20, 1998
Warner Bros. Pictures
Watch It Now
King Arthur (singing...
No Friends? Inconceivable! Log in to see what your friends have to say.
Quest for Camelot" slavishly follows the formula Disney minted with "The Little Mermaid."
An enjoyable animated feature with three buoyant songs to convey the quest theme.
The talents of the actors are pretty much ignored, in favor of warmed-over bits reminiscent of Robin Williams' genie character, sans energy.
Audience Reviews for Quest For Camelot
Movies Like Quest For Camelot
- Garrett: Don't you understand the reason why you can't fly is because you can't agree on anything. There must be something you can agree on. You both love Kayley don't you?
- Ruber: The ogre's butt.
- Kayley: But mother Excalibur's been stolen I must go after it!
- Juliana: That is a job for the Knights not a young girl!
- Kayley: But I want to be a knight, slay dragons, recusing Damsels in distress, what is a Damsel in distress anyway?
- Juliana: Now Kayley settle down and try on your new dress!
- Kayley: But mother I don't want a new dress I want to save Camelot! If you just let me I know I could find Excalibur all on my own!
- Juliana: The Knights will find the sword and they'll do it by working together!
- Kayley: While I'm 'stuck' working here, taking care of the farm collecting the eggs boring! where's the glory in that?!
- Juliana: Kayley one day you'll learn what Camelot means until then you'll stay here with me!
- Kayley: Oh all right! [runs up to her room]
- Juliana: [looks up at a family portrait zeroing in on Lionel's face] What would you do?
- Kayley: Father do you really have to go?
- Lionel: I'm afraid I must Kayley you know the King's Knights will be here soon.
- Kayley: Tell me again why you became a Knight
- Juliana: Kayley! You've heard it a thousand times!
- Lionel: Oh but it's find dear. Well my daughter before you were born the land was dark and treacherous. The people stood divided brother fighting brother. The one hope for peace was in the legendary sword Excalibur. For it was said whoever could pull this ancient sword from it's stone would become king and unite the people. Many tried all failed. Then on the very day that you were born a unknown hero stepped forth. His name was Arthur, and he was that true king. With Excalibur at his side he led us out of the darkness. And together we built the greatest kingdom on earth. Everyone rejoiced.
- Kayley: Camelot!
- Lionel: (Holding up his shield) And so these three rings represent the unity of our kingdom. As a Knight I took a oath. To protect, Camelot, King Arthur, and Excalibur.
- Kayley: The Knights are here!
- Lionel: I must go now Kayley the King has called his Knights for a special day in Camelot
- Kayley: I'm coming with you Daddy!
- Lionel: Yes when you're old enough Kayley. I will take you to Camelot I promise! I love, you!
- Kayley: One day I will be a Knight, like Father.
- Kayley: Hey, your falcon has silver wings!
- Garrett: *Really?* I'll have to take your word for it.
- Kayley: Oh, no. I'm sorry, it just means he knows where Excalibur is!
- Garrett: Sure he does, it's in Camelot. You know, big castle, lots of flags...
- Kayley: No it's somewhere in the forest, Ruber has stolen it and taken my mother hostage, I must find the sword and return it to Arthur or Camelot and my mother are doomed!
- Garrett: [listening to Ayden] Excalibur 'is' here? Right we're going after it!
- Kayley: Great!
- Garrett: Not you! Me and Ayden we work alone!
- Kayley: Well I see no reason why I can't come along! I stand alone too, I'm just asking for your help this once.
- Garrett: All right but don't give me any trouble!
- Kayley: That was incredible! How you fought those creatures how you got rid of that that thing! You're amazing you're not even listening to me!
- Garrett: Great it took me two weeks to make this net!
- Kayley: Your net, you 'saved' my life thank you!
- Garrett: Well anyone can make a mistake.
- Kayley: Oh I get it this is were King Arthur sends his unfunny jesters right?
- Garrett: Now I will thank you!
- Kayley: For what?
- Garrett: For reminding me why I'm a hermit good day!
- Kayley: Wait what's your name?
- Garrett: It's Garret.
- Kayley: I'm Kayley, Garret why won't you look at me when I'm talking to you? Oh I didn't realize you were-
- Garrett: What? Tall? Rugged? Handsome?
- Kayley: Blind
- Garrett: You know I 'always' forget that one!
Discuss Quest For Camelot on our Movie forum!